++Eviscerated Truth Blog - Furies, Horrors & Raptors 09/04++

Noctem Cultor

Hello B+C I'm back in Midnight Clad!

Noctem and Night Lords again? You ask, well we are bringing back the Warband of Evicerated Truth led by Kal Druaga Zaqar The Untainted. But with new techniques, models and fluff.

So this guy won't be the same as before.

Old zaqar miniature with jump pack and Daemonblade

But this time things have changed like the narrative in 40k ideas have evolved so has the Warband. Now the last time we saw Zaqar the Untainted he was carrying a Daemonblade he wielded only for its physical properties, his body guards were the Night Raptors the Shadow Hawks and his most trusted advisor Altramentar Vul Gesh Bearer of the Standard of Vindication. He was off fighting Space Wolves but since then he fled in response to the call of the Prophet Decimus to the meeting of the VIII Legions Warbands to what they would do for the Warmaster upcoming 13th Crusade.

So my current story takes place after that meeting and before the Night Lords prepare to join the 13th Crusade. So be ready to welcome some old friends made new like Zaqar, The Shadow Hawks, Hellscream and his stolen Dark Talon and goodbye to the Squat crew and creations and some other friends will die and join the Warband. But that story is not yet finished I share with you the models and post story fluff snippets on the new improved warband.

The paint scheme test model - Metallic Blue

The paint scheme test model - Metallic Blue

Test of the metallic blue im using this time around.

This time I'm bringing in a ton of new skills I've picked up from other hobby projects, my newly acquired spray gun should help speed up painting, Forgeworld bits I'm waiting to arrive and some other fun unique models I'll think your enjoy.

So the Factions of the Warband of Eviscerated Truth can be split into:
Night Lords - Shadow Hawks Raptor Claw

Dark Mechanicum and Machines - Rapier Pinned with Laser Destroyer Option

Mortal And Daemonkin Slaves - Furies and Horrors Of Tzeentch

Heldrake Conversion's - Dark Talon/Heldrake

Warband Of Eviscerated Truth Misc - BFG Murder Class Cruiser Venomous Intentions

I'll post updates but link the gallery folders here and update the latest for each faction as I progress.

So let's get back into Midnight Clad!

The Warband Of Eviscerated Truth once again reforged in the fires of Betrayal.
-Noctem

I have linked the Gallery albums in the first post for the time being and I'll add the images tomorrow. Also incase anyone is interested I'm going for a metallic blue base scheme and a wrecked ship/building it and basing theme.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/12772-woet-misc/

Hope you guys like the starting images I promise alot more to come a few sneaky clues are hidden in a few images.

-Noctem

Thanks Svartmetall wanted something dangerous standing with the normal poetic feel we dark blue murderers like to break out in.

Okay so im awake hurrah photo time.

First up Zaqars current form Zaqar The Dark Arbiter (The story im working on makes him go through some changes both in body and equipment, his left leg is bionic now as are several parts of his left side). So this is finished of course I have green stuff work to do and as discussed im still waiting on FW parts. So imagine a NL Pad, bat wings on the skull and the front of the bike. Quite an easy build its a Ravenwing Bike with the Blood Angels Jump Pack Chaplain Body and Head. He currently awaits his Lightning claw and should pad.

Zaqar shifted on the throne, it was not the throne that made him move as 'Venomous Intentions' was a sister ship to Shadows Fate. No it was the fresh bionics down his left side parts that were not his own, he took the caculated risk and prefered this fate but could not yet get used the change.
He called out through his Vox "Warsmith Kulla, I require your talents if I can no longer fly with my brothers on the battlefield I will Ride ahead of them..."

Zaqar w.i.p without Lightning claw

Next us is Warsmith Kulla, I originally didn't plan for him but wanted a Rapier team and he just kinda popped in a nice awesome addition. Parts wise the Conversion beamer rapier gun is mostly out of Kataphron Battle Servitor bits with the addition of a GSC Rockgrinder Blade, Control Pannel and a Star Wars Vehicles foot for the end of the gun. The Servitor is spare parts added to a Bloodreaver miniature for that bulky look. Warsmith Kulla himself is mostly MKIV armour with the Dark Talon pilots head and chest, A devastators backpack with a Battle Servitors arm and a guitar string added. Although im 99% happy with him he needs his Legion pad and I need to clean up the rapier control in his hand which slides over a pin on the control pannel.

His lenses whirled as did the servo arm on his back as if preforming routine checks, he wasn't much to look at but that Zaqar knew was by intent. Techmarine Kulla had painted his Terror markings not in bone but silver to reflect his role as a Techmarine otherwise he was Midnight Blue like his brothers.
"So Techmarine I hear you have made yourself at home here on Brooding Violence, I have had reports you have already gathered up the Heretek's gathered and taken up residence in the ships workshop. Am I to see this as defiance or diligence?"
Kulla's lenses all focused on Zaqar for the first time since he entered.
"My Lord my appologies, in my excitement for new resources I had forgot the proper way of things and neglected to ask permission from you Dark Arbiter before setting up a hierarchy among the Dark Mechanicum forces you command. I was loathe to let them get organized and set in their ways without a watchful guiding hand if you will."
Zaqar looked at the Techmarine both Helmeted Zaqar due to need Kulla probally for the same, although his sincerity sounded hollow his words held merit, Zaqar knew of the devious ways of the Dark Mechanicum it is why he had used alternative slaves in the past. He would not allow their warp rituals condem his warband, the Techmarine was a true brother of the eighth it would be an advantage to have him oversee them all but he needed to maintain hes newly gained authority less the seeds of trechery once again find root.
"Very well I shall look past your failings this one time, but know if I judge you to be working against my agenda in the following of your own I shall deliver a swift and final punishement." As if on queue Huntmaster Ukur stepped closer to Zaqar from behind the throne Power Axe in hand.
"But for now you offer me a solution so I give you the title of Warsmith of the Eviscerated Truth, you are to take control of the Dark Mechanicum forces and oversee the repair and mantinance over all of our brothers equipement. Now run along Warsmith im sure their are plently of new toys you wish to play with".
Warsmith Kulla showed no emotion over the promotion or scoulding and simply bowed and then turned to walk away.
" Remember to keep me informed on any projects or important goings on, Id hate for there to be any misunderstanding between us Warsmith"
Zaqar grinned as Kulla walked away in a more humbled gait than a moment ago.

Techmarine *insert name* Conversion Beamer Rapier and Servitor w.i.p

Techmarine *insert name* Conversion Beamer Rapier and Servitor w.i.p

Techmarine *insert name*

Techmarine *insert name*

Techmarine *insert name*

Rapier Servitor 1

Rapier Servitor 1

Just the two for the moment as the Furies are yet to even be pinned and have only been stripped of paint and my two cultists squads have only been reclaimed from a past project with the startings of a new paint scheme applied..

I hope you guys like and I hope my dyslexic ramblings make enough sense!

-Noctem

Thanks Lord Haelim Lev, glad to be back!
Glad to hear you like him so far I'm tempted to add a Bike squad to go with him as been a while since working with a bike and forgot how fun they are.

Update I've pinned my Furies and adding my changes so the models can be used as Chaos Spawn count as (my enslaved Furies have been broken in so to speak). Ill be adding varying levels of stumps to the 6 furies I have to resemble their broken wings, my Raptors are jealous about who they share the sky with.

(had to strip them as bought on ebay so excuse the poor strip job)

Broken wings

I plan on adding chains once painted and a padlock with a glowing rune on it to show they are bound to the material world. Im thinking black gooey blood with the pins painted like bone to contrast to grey im going to paint them.

Always wanted to own some Furies but never wanted to field them in a list so this was a nice compromise for me.

-Noctem

Just a morning update now the Furies wing stumps have dried, ill be smoothing the outside to look more flesh like and add a bit more fur to tidy it up. This should make the bit around the bone look more ragged. I kinda love the models so might rework my NL Raptor Killteam list to include one spawn.

Wing stumps dried

-Noctem

Not so much exciting as time consuming... all bases for my 1850 points list have been finished and I have re based my two Cultist squad gone is the sand bases and now imperial ruins are underfoot! Both squads still require work as I haven't cleaned them up fully or added/removed everything I want to, your notice there is a bit to much Chaos around for a force lead by such a Warp Prude.

A bit of fluff on the two squads as the look very different to each other. Zaqar recently adsorbed several small warbands (story still in progress) and with them he has gained two Cultists squads.

First up the Children of the Void:

Children of the Void Rebased

Children of the Void Rebased

These guys are your typical style cultists they worship the dark as an entity and believe their Night Lord masters to be its physical born hatred.

Now Zaqar does not like the idea of cultists ruining around unsupervised what with his disdain for Chaos and the corruption cultists normally have, so he has the dark clad cultists led by a champion of the Pale Sons after executing their previous leader to set an example.

So onto the Pale sons the more unique looking cultists. One of the previous Warbands apothecary had been experimenting to create initiates ready to be made full fled Night Lords similar to that of Loyalist scums scout program.

Unfortunately he angered his Lord and in short sightedness the lord killed the apothecary losing the knowledge and expertise to finish the transformation. Over the following years with their understanding of the VIII Legions ways the dubbed Pale Sons numbers dwindled as they were used for dangerous labour and tasks while still being promised the gift of being made into an full Astartes in the future.

Pale Sons Rebased

Pale Sons Rebased

After the death of the previous Lord and their inclusion in the Warband of Eviscerated Truth, Zaqar noticed that although Pale with Black Eyes like himself and his brothers that the process that made them was flawed be it by time of corruption.

Some mutations had developed like scales or spikes and not one of the Pale Sons could grow hair. Zaqar summised that the process would never be complete but he would employ the Pale Sons as a more trusted cultists squad than that of the Children of the Void and if one should anger him Warsmith Kulla could always use more powerfully built Servitors.

So the idea is I have a larger bulky more visible squad of cultists and a smaller more likely to blend in squad of cultists, I will in a typical Night Lord fashion plan on using this as the old watch my right hand not my left trick.

Here is a shot of the finished bases not used for the cultists awaiting me to build my flyers and get the Raptor Talon starter.

Bases finished and ready

Now next I will begin work on my count as Comms Relay and Aegis Defence Line the Dark Omen.

-Noctem

Okay last bit for my free day to do some hobby work!

I present my Dark Omen Drop Pod!

The Dark Omen Pod is one of Warsmith Kulla's more practical fear led projects.

Using salvaged drop pods he has built in a Vox/Communications scrambler system the disrupts the immediate area amplified by the unfortunate tortured victims strapped in the screams not only sow fear and confusion but a have a hidden locator beacon helping the Warband deep strike near by with more ease.

(Game wise this is a Aegis Defence line 4 piece with a comms relay)

gallery_81675_12766_178630.jpeg

gallery_81675_12766_90908.jpeg

gallery_81675_12766_33131.jpeg

gallery_81675_12766_34978.jpeg

gallery_81675_12766_126239.jpeg

gallery_81675_12766_64514.jpeg

This was a real salvaged drop pod, I have used all the pieces it came with and haven't really cleaned it up yet. Its a long way from done not only in paint but it needs rubble around all the base parts and clean up work with some additions. I hope you guys like it I know that its a little on the big size for a Aegis Defence line but rule of cool plus my gaming group are more relaxed so wont cause issues.

-Noctem

Awesome! Glad to see this return!

I must also say the drop pod is so outside of the box and a fantastic touch!

Thanks Hushrong! ive always wanted a drop pod but never felt like including one in a list so happy I found a use for one.

Okay so good news some of my FW bits arrived! The MKIII Shoulder Pads and Etched Brass, unfortunately I ordered my Units via a re supplier and wish I didn't do it just for a shipping cost saving so still waiting on those.

FW Brass and shoulder pads & Spectre Of Judgement GS start

Also in the picture ive started work on the tail fin of the Dark Talon Heldrake conversion the Aim is to turn the Dark Angels icon into a Spectre of Judgement im rubbish with green stuff but once its cleaned up and painted it should look cool.

So ive done a bit of work on Zaqar still awaiting the Lightning Claw which will have an hourglass of judgement GS on it, Also the Bat wings for his helmet and front of bike.

gallery_81675_12770_53533.jpeg
gallery_81675_12770_45352.jpeg

I also added the pad onto Warsmith Kulla and pinned the Conversion beamer and a Laser Destroyer conversion turret. I used Dreadnought Lascannons and wanted the option to swap out the guns in the future so thought id make sure the first was pinned as the second will be Laser Destroyers.

gallery_81675_12766_127485.jpeg

gallery_81675_12766_94441.jpeg

gallery_81675_12766_49635.jpeg

So looks like I now can do some painting on the Warsmith when I get some free time.

-Noctem

After a bit of a break while I try to sort out those other FW bits and a AoS large game to prep for I'm back on track.

Just ordered a BFG Chaos Murder Class Cruiser as my Warband needs a model for its ship Venomous Intentions (after the original warbands ship Fates Shadow was destroyed). Luckily this Sister ship was absorbed in the Warband merger so soon I'll recieve and paint it up.

On actual work on the Warband I have almost finished building my Dark Talon Conversion 2.0 just some minor grizzly decorations to add. I wanted to have the options for a Hades Autocannon and a Baleflamer that looks like it could shoot 360 degrees as that's what I plan on running. Each one will have a unique take on the weapons to represent the Night Lords talent to repurpose weapons of war, also I plan on giving them a true Night Lord paint job that helps give that Heldrakes feel.

I'll take pictures tomorrow and post up it's current state.

-Noctem

@hushrong
Thanks for the compliments, I hope the Dark Talon lives up to expectation msn-wink.gif

As promised the Dark Talon/ Heldrake built. This is 2.0 of Ascalon's Ruin which was running as a 30k flyer build for a previous list.

Ive used white tack in areas as some bits will be taken out like the cockpit so I can spray it properly, the blue cloth will be coated in pva to make it look more skin like when painted.

gallery_81675_12827_4491.jpeg
gallery_81675_12827_66724.jpeg
Spectre Of Judgment conversion on the Tail fin no point wasting that image.
gallery_81675_12827_5569.jpeg
gallery_81675_12827_107938.jpeg
gallery_81675_12827_105084.jpeg
gallery_81675_12827_39875.jpeg
The Paint scheme will bring it together with a standard Metallic Blue NL scheme but with a Metallic Red cockpit and skeleton detailing with blood wings.
-Noctem

Well being the eager builder I am and also the oblivious idiot I am, I have just finished building Zaqar. I overlooked the fact that the Warp Talon box I have ( for parts to bulk out the raptor squads planed) had a perfectly good five digit Lightning claw in it. So as I finished the helmet the other day I've attached the claw, I cut out some more shiny cloth for flayed bat wings to go over the bikes Angel wings. Bar some nail length changes (the pins holding the skin down) he is all ready for painting! I'll take pictures tomorrow.

So what comes next well I have put some Ard coat on the flayed skin made from the Cloth on Zaqar and the Heldrake, I'll let that dry overnight and tomorrow both shall recieve a airbrushed Silver basecoat and Drakenhof Blue washes.

-Noctem

Basecoating day for Zaqar and Ascalons Ruin (Dark Talon)

While waiting ive taken off and painted separately the flayed skin, it has a nice leathery look in person so ill keep adding layers and then add back on once the paint coat is done.

gallery_81675_12772_87867.jpeg

Finished Zaqar on bike build before painting.

gallery_81675_12770_49982.jpeg

gallery_81675_12770_205257.jpeg

gallery_81675_12770_108790.jpeg

Well lets crack on with getting some colour going!

-Noctem

The leather is looking good. Just paint the stitches where his collection has been constantly added on between skin tones and you are set!

Zaqar is also looking good. The use of the BA chaplain is nice and I like the bits of conversion and kit bashing on him.

Thanks Hushrong, that was planned and has now been done used Nuln oil so it fits better. Thanks I wanted Zaqar to look like he's taken the best gear from previous Lords, also really liked the BA chaplain model should be fun to paint.

As work was a bit of a pain today haven't got photos yet but I do have updates.
First I won't be buying from a FW Resupplier again so I've cancelled that order and will be doing some converting for my Raptors and will bring in my 3rd ed Raptor Killteam to be stripped and repainted to fit the new scheme. I'll be giving these guys a Warp lightning effect so they have more of a Warp Talon look to them.
I have started basecoating my warbands Cruiser (BFG models are a nice change of pace) and will add some of the smaller Brass etch icons to it.

Hopefully I'll get some photos up tomorrow, if not currently Saturday is put aside for hobby stuff so hopefully w.i.p of Zaqar and Dark Talon along with a finished Cruiser.

-Noctem

Okay so a free hour popped up and I wanted to paint some lightning!

First I want to show off the messy/stormy metallic blue effect im going for, I want something that doesn't look flat and goes with the lightning effect and that is what I got.

gallery_81675_12827_197299.jpg

Now the lighting is a bit rubbish at this time of night so the above is what hue it normally looks.

gallery_81675_12827_13686.jpg

Zaqar On Bike has some minor colour work done but I did paint up his Snazy helmet. Dark Talon with some Lightning, a chain with some unpainted trophies hanging off it and the stitched together flayed skin.

gallery_81675_12827_101796.jpg

Now my no longer red and silver basecoated Murder Class Cruiser, ill add some etched brass Logos tomorrow and ink blue where needed. The other side of the Dark Talon with more lightning, flayed skin with blood sigil and the basecoats for the Specter.

Im really happy with the lighting on the wing so now im in two minds if im going to stick to the orginal plan and paint a skeleton wing with a Blood for the Blood God wing membrane on top partially covering said design. I could use it on one of the other flyers but TBH will look best on the Dark Talon. Thoughts?

Sorry for the poor pictures but hey its an update with pictures non the less.

-Noctem

Looks good! The talons paint job is great and I like the lightning effect. The specter of judgement also looks perfect painted. Reminds me of tail art fighters have like the Jolly Rogers.

Also seeing the murder class makes me want to dust off my fleet.

As for the pictures have you considered using image tags? Upload the pics in B&C and get the image URL and slap it in a tag. Works like a charm.

Thanks Hushrong, that was my feeling originally was just going to put the other tail on but decided even evil Astartes would pimp their ride.

I hadn't but I'll look into it for the next batch and will update the previous posts.

-Noctem

Okay so today didn't go to plan but still progress, Venomous Intentions my cruiser is at least blue!

Zaqar on the other hand has come along nicely and although hes got some work to do (hes the leader he demands more attention). Still he has been painted to a table top standard and I even did some freehand on the power fist that I don't hate which for me is something.

gallery_81675_12770_102172.jpg

gallery_81675_12770_53387.jpg

gallery_81675_12770_45817.jpg

gallery_81675_12770_34770.jpg

Ill be doing some Arco-Lightning once ive touched up some bits and added a bit of weathering. Prepare for 3D lightning that physically leaps off the model devil.gif

-Noctem

Okay well the weekend didn't go as planned but ive got 90% of the stuff I need for my Raptor Claws so I decided to get a start and after building the First of the Shadow Hawks I added a little extra inspired by Gawain Veteris HH Armour Conversion Thread (Check It out if you haven't already)

Now im going to say sorry as im in a rush but really wanted to share so the photos are rubbish but you get the jist he now looks alot more likey a battle damaged MKIV Assault Marine.

gallery_81675_12858_18653.jpg

gallery_81675_12858_53051.jpg

gallery_81675_12858_60598.jpg

Hope you guys like the direction ill be going with them.

-Noctem

Zaqar looks sweet! He looks ready give out high fives of the death.

New guy also looks neat. Did you also void-harden his helm? Also seeing something with his right thigh. Looking forward to more.

Thanks, I wanted him to be giving the hold on my command look just before he gives the signal and the Raptor Claws zoom on above. But im sure there will be opponents whose face he will high give too!

Well spotted ill be updating the pictures in a second to give a better look, all I did was clean up the weapons so no Chaos Stars where on them, add a skin strip to the shoulder and bend his right leg to get a air skipping pose (like in a kung fu movie). After that Void hardened chest plate and helmet.

Im unsure how im going to paint him as my guys are going to be a darker blue almost black as they are the sneaky unit so no lightning bolts probably a blood painted hawk on the chest to mark their claws name. Im not sure if I should skull helm them or something more unique them being Zaqars personal guard fluff wise.

Hopefully my Terror squad Upgrades, 2 other NL shoulder pad MKs and Rhino upgrade pack should arrive from FW today so more troops inbound!

-Noctem

Archived