brettfp

These are fantastic! I love the effort and consistency you've put in to the theme; it's exactly what I appreciate most about Chaos armies.

Keep it up!

Thanks heaps. I'm glad you noticed. I really want every model to have its own character and story :)

Finished painting my Plaguecaster: Nex Bileheart

Ghx0WO5.jpg

Really happy with this. I think the colours work well together :) I decided to go for very toxic bases, the idea being that before they attack, Nex summons a plague storm to protect on the march.

I also made a start on a Nurgle objective marker

t8ErBqU.jpg

Thoughts?

Very cool Plaguecaster! 

Say, how do you make thouse screws (like those holding the heads to his staff) exactly?

Thanks, they're just placticard rod. I drilled a hole through their ears and glued in a really thin rod, then got a rod about twice the thickness and cut a small slither off the end, then carefully glued it on to the other rod :) super easy!

I finished 2 nurgle-y objective markers

QjPk2iT.jpg

I'm really happy with the rust and how well the banner came out, It was fun making it fade to a lighter colour further down

I also started on 2 more

HAe2dT5.jpg

I just need to add a bit of GS to the one on the right

objective markers are fun to make :)

The plaguecaster looks cool, though I'm not sure about the daemon in the hand, but that might be me. Also the markers are awesome, are you planning on adding numbers to them?

Thanks, I only play Open play so numbering the objective never occurred to me, but maybe I'll figure out some way of adding them.

With the plaguecaster, The daemon does look a bit odd, but you'll just have to believe me that it does look better in real life, I took SO many photos trying to get it to look right but couldn't quite get it. :(

Finished painting one more objective marker

qliXQXb.jpg

Happy with this, it's my first attempt at making slimy strands with glue, I think they worked well :smile.:

Also started some cultists

kneAbX1.jpg

(Sorry about blurry photo, not sure what happened there)

I'm planning on using skaven plague monk heads for them, still waiting for them to arrive in the mail. Hopefully they will look death guard-y 

And another 10 poxwalkers

r2Lc8VT.jpg

All different to the last 10, I 'll probably paint them slightly different to the others to differentiate the units.

Still a fair bit of GS to do on these guys. probs gonna start that in the next hour or so.

I'm having a lot of fun trying to make a bunch of unique poxwalkers :smile.:

As always, C&C Much appreciated :)

The plague caster looks really unique, cool concept with the daemon head! Objective markers are looking awesome too, looking forward to seeing the two new ones painted up!

Thanks heaps! :smile.:

Is this pillar-thing, of those two new markers made from a gatling cannon?

Yep, its the one from the forgefiend :smile.: I've started painting it with the idea that it's made of stone

Edited by brettfp

I finished the other objective marker

GJDQ1GD.jpg

Now I just need to come up with 2 more.....hmmm. any suggestions?

I also finished another 10 poxwalkers

5E0BPAj.jpg

Really happy with the conversions on these, I like them better than the first 10, I feel my GS is getting better :)

Here is a close up of some of my favourites

o0WYf8t.jpg

And while I'm at it some favs from the first batch

b9D5IZP.jpg

The difference in the colours of the cloth and spikes is how I'll determine units :smile.:

Thoughts?

So as an early christmas present my wife got me Typhus :)

roQDbJh.jpg

I originally planned to change his pose a bit, but seeing the model in person I realised that it would be difficult without some spare terminator arms (which I don't have), but also the pose I had planned I'm probably gonna use for a deamon prince at some point. So i just left him mostly unaltered. 

I removed all the larger flies from the destroyer hive cos they look a bit ridiculous. Put him standing on some body parts and added some maggots with GS and some of the flies I cut off, feasting on the corpses. :sick:

Thoughts?

b9D5IZP.jpg

Thoughts?

Are there the kneepads from the Genestealer Cults on the guy in the middle? Nice element, so you can still think of him as a former mine worker or such. :thumbsup:

"The most terrible Zombies are those who still maintain parts of their old personality."

I got that quote from a Magic the Gathering card. :D 

All looking great, the poix walkers are really good and great way to get that added variety. Typhus looks like a good start too, looking forward to seeing some paint so I can get a better Idea of the details, the corpse sounds gross.

Thanks, yeah I find it hard to take photos of unpainted models that really show off the detail

b9D5IZP.jpg

Thoughts?

Are there the kneepads from the Genestealer Cults on the guy in the middle? Nice element, so you can still think of him as a former mine worker or such. :thumbsup:

"The most terrible Zombies are those who still maintain parts of their old personality."

I got that quote from a Magic the Gathering card. :biggrin.:

While I would love to take credit for that, those are just normal poxwalkers legs, but I imagine that's the idea behind them yes.

And yeah, I do try to give them all a bit of personality

Finished painting Typhus

7tCCZ0r.jpg

Really happy with this lots of fun little details on this model. Like the fact that they modelled a little chubby butt on the nurgling :)

Although I'm happy I don't have to paint the destroyer hive again, that was a pain.

I also picked up a Foul Blightspawn

jaHfHhL.jpg

Not to much converting here, just swapped out his grande for some extra heads and added a spike to his shoulder, just to neaten the joins up with a bit of GS :)

Thoughts?

Had Christmas lunch with my wife's family on Saturday, I got a bloat drone from her parents :)

So Saturday evening I did this...

HGoGhOz.jpg

I took all the banding off the engines as I'm not a big fan of it, I also swapped out the horns for the smoke stacks and added some extra cables dragging along the ground. 

I didn't realise how big these things are :)

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did some work on my ab-human rat men cultists

wcuhFs9.jpg

I think they suit Death Guard. You can have goatmen, why not ratmen? The cahmpion is supposed to be like a herder or something

They still have GS work to blend the heads into the bodies better

Thoughts?

The flesh on the Poxwalkers is really really well done !

-W