brettfp

• 2 weeks later...

Finished painting my Foetid Bloat Drone

fF1YYIH.jpg

Thoughts?

Hotdamn, they used to make proper SPAWN back in the day. 

Looks great. 

Thanks, yeah I do like the old spawn :)

They look stunning, sent a shiver down my spine they are so creepy. Well done that man...

Thanks, that's exactly the response I hope for :)

• 3 months later...

So after a while away from the hobby (and even longer away from my chaos stuff) I've gotten back into it :)

I started on some blight haulers

3KdsqEC.jpg

"Spider King"

N9ObsCq.jpg

"The Demon Within"

Fun little kit. They both still have a fair bit of GS to do, there's a third one, but I'm waiting on some bits before I start that one.

Thoughts?

Just read this thread end to end after following the link from your Orks. Little lost for words! Your stuff is amazing. I love the idea that Hieronymous is so mad that he can't even fit in with a bunch of Chaos Marines. Keep up the good work

Thanks heaps! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so, while the site was down I got a lot of work done on my Death Guard!! :)

First up, another objective marker

y8ZfXFD.jpg

I've also added the number to the previous ones I made.

I've decided that I'm gonna make 7 objectives, to make them extra nurgle-y

I finished making my trio of Blight-Haulers, unfortunately I forgot to take a photo in their unpainted state, so here is where they stand ATM

JRKexN0.jpg

I also picked up the Nurgle Rotters in my continuing quest to make as many unique poxwalkers as I can

iKtwWJ1.jpg

The Rotters are a bit bigger than poxwalkers, but I think it adds to their creepiness that there bodies aren't quite right, eg. 'Big Head' in the middle of the bottom row, or 'The King of Poxwalkers' above him.

Finally got around to actually making some marines

SpqqPR0.jpg

These guys will probably work as a retinue for my Daemon Prince.....speaking of which...

AIdOsBZ.jpg

This guy is coming along perfectly, I've done about 5 passes of GS so far and still have plenty of work to do, If it continues to look as good on the model as it does in my head, this could well become the best I've done so far :)

He still needs a name though.....

Thoughts? 

So, I finished my Daemon Prince of Nurgle!

F6g95sn.jpg

I tried to make it so that he was more marine on one side, more daemon on the other. So, his right side has more sores and pimple, a longer horn, less armour and a big tumorous mass on his back. I'm also really happy with the creepiness of him dragging a bell around by his groin :)

I've put quite a lot of time into this guy, now I just have to paint him :ermm:

Also, A tiny teaser of the next big project I'll slowly be chipping away at among other stuff

cp8GhEW.jpg

Thoughts? C&C would be much appreciated

The way youve made thhat DP float, with the bell that he’s dragging along between his legs, is just inpspired. Wow. I’m also impressed by the trilobe and the poxies. Some excellent conversion work here! I love your colour scheme, btw.

That IV objective marker looks great. Disgusting and creepy, but great. ;) :tu:

Great thread brettfp! As you know I’ve been following your Ork one for a while.

Daemons but definitely 40k daemons. What a great way to start this all off. The same reason why I (mostly) love Daemon engines.

That daemon prince is great. I was horrified to see that bell being dragged the way it is, so that’s brilliant. You’ve also done a great job disguising the head from the box set. Great use of the flamer weapon, once again a bit of tech really cementing his place in the 40k universe.

Great Daemon Prince! I love how it's so distinct and original, while still retaining most of the basic bits from the kit. That's impressive. And the bell has to be my new favorite way of suspending a flying model, that's really quite clever.

The sneekpeak of the knight is also very promising! The mouth in particular is such a cool idea, now i want to redo my own haha. i'm ooking forward to seeing how that one develops!

Just a quick update,

I've been tossing up the idea of making some traitor guard to go with my Death Guard, so as a proof of concept I put this guy together in about hour

tpfLgw8.jpg

Still needs GS, but this guy would my HQ, some kind of void-suited ex commissar.

I'm thinking it'll be mostly mechanised. I'm stripping the paint of my old Leman Russ atm.

And figured I should show the Knight

CJ0t6Up.jpg

This is it so far, The pre-GS stage. Lots of little details planned for this.

I have an overall idea for the knight, but I wanna keep it a secret until it's a bit more realised, but I will say I've never seen it done before :)

Thoughts?

Whoa! That Daemon Prince is insane! I love how you recycled the old Great Unclean One, the bits work quite well on him. Eager to see what you do with the Knight as well. Always happy to see more Chaos Knights.

Thanks! I've been looking at your recent stuff for inspiration for my Knight :)

The way youve made thhat DP float, with the bell that he’s dragging along between his legs, is just inpspired. Wow. I’m also impressed by the trilobe and the poxies. Some excellent conversion work here! I love your colour scheme, btw.

That IV objective marker looks great. Disgusting and creepy, but great. :wink::thumbsup:

Thanks, 

The idea actually came to me when someone asked If they could have the bell if i didn't use it cos they hate flying bases. I was like "Hey, thats a great idea!"

Great thread brettfp! As you know I’ve been following your Ork one for a while.

Daemons but definitely 40k daemons. What a great way to start this all off. The same reason why I (mostly) love Daemon engines.

That daemon prince is great. I was horrified to see that bell being dragged the way it is, so that’s brilliant. You’ve also done a great job disguising the head from the box set. Great use of the flamer weapon, once again a bit of tech really cementing his place in the 40k universe.

Thanks,

Yeah while I have tried many different armies, I always come back to Nurgle and Orks. 

The flamer is actually a spare Plague spewer from the Bloat-Drone

Great Daemon Prince! I love how it's so distinct and original, while still retaining most of the basic bits from the kit. That's impressive. And the bell has to be my new favorite way of suspending a flying model, that's really quite clever.

The sneekpeak of the knight is also very promising! The mouth in particular is such a cool idea, now i want to redo my own haha. i'm ooking forward to seeing how that one develops!

Thanks. The mouth is 2 of the ork jawbones from skulls kit, cut down to size :)

So I've been really inspired to work on my Renegades, so I made a command squad out of bits/my old IG army

Ei8dKNj.jpg

Really liking the look of these guys, I tried to make them all fairly individual.

Still got GS to do, My plan for Renegades is to run them Allies for mt Death Guard using the R&H Index, but also make them so I can use them as a stand alone force using The Astra Militarum Codex, so I get to play with orders and regiment doctrines.

I also did some work on a Leman Russ

v2U5ZSm.jpg

I stripped it as well as I could, it's good enough for me.

I've never been a huge fan of Nurgle vehicle conversion that just have random splats of flesh on them, So i'm gonna go for a more corroded industrial look. The idea being that for the most part the renegades are slaves, so the tanks also work as Bile Factories and Putrescent Fabricators when they are not in battle. 

Thoughts?

I love that commissar, very cool. The tank is also looking good, i don't think i've ever been impressed by a mere leman russ before:) Lots of small nice touces.

I really want to see more of that knight! I have a feeling it's gonna be a good one. I have a hard time making out the chainsword in that light though, or is it just smooth plasticard thus far? It's a great start anyways, lloking forward to seeing more of that:)

Quick update

I finished the GS on my command squad

SdjLXDR.jpg

Also finished painting my Blight Haulers

cyAN8oE.jpg

YDkwmap.jpg

OuI8CkJ.jpg

Really happy with them, they were quite fun to convert and paint, I like trying to make easy-to-build stuff unique as it forces me to be a bit more creative

Thoughts?

I love that commissar, very cool. The tank is also looking good, i don't think i've ever been impressed by a mere leman russ before:) Lots of small nice touces.

I really want to see more of that knight! I have a feeling it's gonna be a good one. I have a hard time making out the chainsword in that light though, or is it just smooth plasticard thus far? It's a great start anyways, lloking forward to seeing more of that:)

Thanks Heaps!

Yeah the sword is just card atm. still plenty of detial to add to it. unfortunately the knight will be on hold for a little while as I'm trying to focus on painting the stuff I've built this week, and as my other main army is Evil Sunz Orks, and I'm getting Speed Freeks on the weekend, I think that Chaos in general will be taking a back seat for a little while

Ah...the life of a hobby butterfly :)

• 3 months later...

Ok, So it's been a while ( I've been busy with life and Dark Souls and work) but I'm back and I've gotten a bunch of stuff done.

First up...

Scepticemius The Halfborn

Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Plague Lord of 'The Blight-Eaters' Vectorium

tgg08sA.jpg

Really stoked on this. I've put a lot of effort into him and I think it really shows :smile.:

I don't really know what to say that I haven't already said about him, but I think he's a fitting leader for my Death Guard

I also finished painting the next 10 poxwalkers

x88tLTe.jpg

nBLTZLO.jpg

la3xaAn.jpg

9R9YmDj.jpg

That makes 30 unique poxwalkers now  :smile.:

I painted the banner of my Rengades

lpNIh2f.jpg

My first time trying this style of free-handing, I'm really liking and will be doing all my chaos banners in this style from now on.

I'm putting the traitor guard on hold for a little while in favour of daemons. 

Speaking of, I picked up the Start Collecting Nurgle Daemons box, I plan to make them as a separate army that I can use in both 40k and AoS

Plaguebearers

KFHMjzZ.jpg

N8M40ch.jpg

Varying degrees of GS needed for these guys

And quite a bit of work for my command

Q2xTVIf.jpg

The Plagueridden uses the Poxbringer body, I have other plans for the Poxbringer so i figured I'd use the body.

A start of some nurglings

Cuzx7Vw.jpg

The red in one of the nurglings eyes is where i cut my finger but didn't realise :ohmy.:

Lastly, another sneak peek at the Nurgle Knight

JCh0sQa.jpg

So yeah that's pretty much up to date, it feels good to be back though :smile.:

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone! :)

Just a quick update

Painted one of the Nurgling Swarms

Vrw9KHS.jpg

I got the idea for the faceless/skull headed Nurglings from some of GDB makes weird thing's conversions

finished the GS on some of the Plaguebearers

FAjhnOW.jpg

And got some work done on my Plague drones

0KO8DsM.jpg

jkwftQc.jpg

Thoughts?

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone, it's been a while,

I've actually been working a lot on the hobby, just haven't really had time to post, mostly due to my wife and I having our first baby :smile.:

But, I finally finished something I'm so proud of that it made me make time to post it,

++ The Vile Harvest ++

AXr5u4x.jpg

mZOvk6l.jpg

sA5i2Ih.jpg
NvpptFX.jpg

kD0DN1g.jpg

NzB7kJi.jpg

I have spent SO much time working on the details here, the nurglings, the fleshy bits and of course, The Garden!!

Most of the garden is built form real plants I grabbed whilst walking my dog, I then coated them in PVA.

I'll also be added more flora once it's painted. (moss/grass)

I don't really know what else to say, I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

Over the next week I'll try to get photos of the other chaos stuff I've done during the last few months, and just put up a massive photo dump, get this thread back up to date! and hopefully start posting more regularly again:)

Thoughts?

Edited by brettfp

Congratulations! Still managing to hobby with a kid.

What a comeback. That knight is looking fantastic. An actual Nurgle's garden on top. Love the detailing. Great pipe work on the base. I really like the black hairs coming out of the leg, how did you do that? The blight hauler toes are cool too. The realm of chaos shield is a great touch too.

Fantastic stuff!