Aquarium decor as terrain?

When I was in the pet store a few weeks back getting my dog his food I walked by the Aquarium decor section and paused. Can Aquarium decor be used as Warhammer 40k terrain? Granted not everything will work but I'm sure there are some rocky and log formations that would work. Has anybody used any Aquarium decor before? If so where did you pick it up from? (Gotta keep the $$$ down of coruse...)

I used some of the brightly coloured flora type stuff you can get as Tyranid plant life. Worked quite well imo.

Yeah, see the problem is I have a snow board with ruins at the moment so I'd need "rocky" type stuff. I could always cover any fake algae with fake snow to make it work better.

It works just fine, and the best place to get the stuff is to keep an eye out in those cheap bargain shops (Poundland, Dollarstore, etc).

As for what works with a snowy board, er... Well, you could check out Ash Barker's terrain for Frostgrave on his YouTube channel ("Guerilla Miniature Games"). Looks pretty good to me! ;)

I had a bunch of this stuff. Just repaint it. I tend to gather and collect anything that can look like terrain as I find it since most of the time I try to play on my own table instead of travelling all over to wherever there's a game. I love hosting game nights at my place.

I had a bunch of this stuff. Just repaint it. I tend to gather and collect anything that can look like terrain as I find it since most of the time I try to play on my own table instead of travelling all over to wherever there's a game. I love hosting game nights at my place.

I'm the same way. I was able to get a great mat and terrain set from www.gamemat.eu but I'm looking to pick up some extra terrain to change things up a bit.

Miniwargaming.com has a whole narrative campaign set on a jungle planet and the table is basically all made up of aquarium terrain and it actually looks amazing IMO. They charge for some videos but you can still see some for free to check out the table: http://www.miniwargaming.com/show/tyrus-incident

Archived