AdMech Kit Bashing

Carlson793

I just realised that I've got something I can add to this topic.

Takatus Old

I think I made this guy around 2003 roughly. The base is Fabius Bile with an old metal Necron Warrior face, a Techmarine's servo arm and power axe. I got the smoke launchers from an original Rhino and used those to stick three wires into his head. The Graviton gun I made was part of a melta gun with the end of a metal Necron Gauss Flayer.

I think the conversion and the paintjob look messy now but that's what happens when you look back at older work. It's still the most involved conversion I've attempted.

Haha! I love that old Necron face. It's probably my favourite part of it. I can't say the old metal Necron models were that pleasing to look at, but there were parts of the models that looked pretty good. It's a shame the hood was just a blob of green stuff. If I rebuilt him I'd have to do something about that.

He's not that healthy now though. His arm fell off and nothing seems to glue it back in place again. I'm glad I took the picture while he was in reasonable shape (apart from the dust).

Vel'Cona, yeah, the bulk of the model is indeed Fabulous Bill. I seem to remember having to spend ages carving the chaos detailing off him. If they cast him in Finecast at any point it might be a lot easier to do now.

I like the servitors made from Genstealer Cultists up above. I like the idea of those and since gun servitors and Enginseers are becoming part of the Cult Mechanicus faction I might have to give those a try at some point.

Hi there i discovered this thread and i'm aktually working on some skitarii i made from bits of the dominus maniple box. I ordered some scout feets from spellcrow and torsos from anvil industry.

I also ordered some servoharnish parts for my incomplete enginseer.

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/Slaughter3000/IMG_20170309_152538_zpsqodvk1zl.jpg

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/Slaughter3000/IMG_20170309_152542_zpsitdgai9v.jpg

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/Slaughter3000/IMG_20170310_161241_zpssytkj54t.jpg

Thank you but they are coloured with genestealer purple rather than pink but the light put it in another silluette.

Here are my older finished units with the final colourscheme.

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/Slaughter3000/IMG_20170310_175346_zpsu0l0j9we.jpg

Ah i know i forgott something the genestealer pruple is getting a coat of druchi violet shade for the finish. That explains the differ.

great work there Riot Earp.

the Anvil void torso's work Extremely well with the Ranger heads cool.png , i'm going to try that as i have one set of those torso's (i'm glad i thought there was potential in those torso's when i bought them...,i just wasn't sure with what,now i know msn-wink.gif)

The Pinky purple actually does look really good on them huh.png , colour me suprised by that

oh here's my only conversion so far(sorry for showing it again Vel cona facepalm.png )

Ad-mech/Skitarii : Eversor variant.

med_gallery_9146_6928_1363719.jpg med_gallery_9146_6928_702336.jpg

Cheers Mithril

It's only a rough idea, as they're still in the very early days of painting, but it's enough to get the look of what's to come.

The most egregious bit of the Flagellants kit, the firehat, is on display here - the rest is decidedly toned down for integration with the rest of the elcromotive congregation.

http://i.imgur.com/1Ikt6oIl.jpg

Nevertheless, another point of 'kit bashing' (which is to say: disguise by colours) is the lay Machine Cultists factory workers that will in principle accompany/rival both my Ad Mech and my Imperial Guard forces on Levilnor IV.

Uniform-wise, they're intended to blend in neatly so's to look the part.

The main decisions I still have to make are:

- need more iconography changed on the cultists (backpacks, headswaps, etc off the Ad Mech spares)?

- will the autoguns be the Hazard yellow of the Ad Mech weapons or the red erase guard?

- How to colour the space suits? I'm thinking muddy/grubby grey with yellow edging.

But they're starting to take shape...

I love the firehat . . . just imagine an entire unit with those hats . . . :D

My word, the horror! :D It's the daft relic of WFB that saw the odd Bret Grail Pilgrims and Tenehuini, but it's undeniably, grimly mad too. More, it appeals to the idea of the Electoopriests as being sort-of hucksters peddling fairly trivial/pointless technological miracles in an effort to drum up religious enthusiasm for the Machine Cult in the more impressionable lay congregations. Cheap tricks with daft technologies, bolstered by actual battlefield applications too. (Though imagine if you cut costs and spent those resources on charging lasguns, rather than religious flimflam...)

What rules are you using for them? :D

None for the flamehat itself, but in general I think my plan is to mostly use them all as Corpuscarii. (The Fulgurite-style rules seem a lot less sensible to me, in principle, and the idea of the Corpuscarii is much closer to the 'classic' style of electropriest we always knew and loved.)

Thanks to the various weapons, I can use them as both, probably without much complaint, but i'm not sure I will.

---

As for the genetically-suspect anti-tech-stealer cultists (as they're all just from Overkill, for now), my vague idea has been as follows when actually allying them to Ad Mech:

- count as 'all-in-one' Imperial non-Mech list from TGS1

- Neophytes are regular guardsmen, Acolytes are Space Marine

- maybe get some Bullgryns to paint in roughly similar colour schemes.

- consider a big robot (almost certainly, if done, a conversion/Kitbash of the the Sollex+Hammer wielding Thanatar) from Forgeworld to count-as Guilliman, but lore-wise be perhaps a knock-off variant of the plan undertaken to make the Archimandrite from "Master of Mankind".

With that in mind, I'm seriously trying to devise either some kitbash or clever painting trick that will eventually distinguish my Robots (and the above Archimandrite) as being very much Legio Cynernetica rather than 'just part of the congregation & maniple'.

Lore-wise, it makes sense, but i'm not sure if I really have enough willpower or material skill to pull it off in the models.

If now, proxying the lay Machine Cultists as Castellans of the Imperium will probably work well enough. :)

Okay so.... Count as Guilliman is the best thing I've heard ever.... May well have to do that... The Synergy is pretty intense.

Could even bring the Victrix Guard formation as some super Skitarii/ Warpriests etc being WS/BS5

Archived