New Celestine model or old one?

Essexkiwi

Looking to get a Celestine to run with my Black Templars. I actually prefer the old metal model aesthetically, but it's hard to find for a non rip-off price and also requires picking up a couple of old metal Seraphim sidekicks too.

I've heard that the new Celestine is tiny, and the scroll attachment to the bases for all three miniatures looks very weak and flimsy.

So what are you experienced people's opinions of the new plastic Celestine and sisters?  Good miniatures, or are the old metal ones much better and worth paying the extra for to track down and buy instead?

Edited for typos.

Old one's easier to transport, but probably gonna like the new one more... once I get it :P I'd even have two power sword Seraphim to imitate the new set, so technically could test her new rules WYSIWYG-wise prior to purchase. But frankly she became such FOTM overnight that I'm actually a bit bummed about the whole idea dry.png

New one is better, probably one of the best models in recent times, imo.

I agree.  She looks fantastic and I enjoyed putting the model together.  Getting her painted is my next challenge, tho.  I am too heavy handed so the ribbon flight stand intimidates me.

Old one's easier to transport, but probably gonna like the new one more... once I get it :P I'd even have two power sword Seraphim to imitate the new set, so technically could test her new rules WYSIWYG-wise prior to purchase. But frankly she became such FOTM overnight that I'm actually a bit bummed about the whole idea <_<

I prefer the old one personally, next to a squad of Seraphim her and the Geminae seem to have way too much action built into their sculpts. They kept the armor the same, and I like that, but they do not match the feel of the army as a whole. To me at least, I have no interest in purchasing the models to paint, field or otherwise.

I couldnt agree more about the FOTM effect. Seeing her bounce around the table unpainted with IH Chapter Masters, command squad of bikes and a handful of witches to make them even better has certainly soured the whole idea for me. It's petty I'm sure, but I have always enjoyed that Sisters have never been FOTM and you could always find some kind of comraderie with anyone fielding them.

Now, what might be the only new models the SoB get this decade are instantly being slaved out to the great gray plastic horde of players who just see stats. This cross army stuff without even a troop tax to tie them in to the feel of an army is not something I like. It does free up points for having fun with Sororitas command squads though.

Yeah I'm getting a thick foam tray and cutting out a section to put her in.

That's what I'm going to do. I've been looking at a few sites that sell pluckable foam trays.

That said, whilst I love the metal one (I do have two after all laugh.png ), the new one is fantastic wub.png My old metal ones will still be used if I run the edex, but if I use the new rules then you can bet that she'll be on the table top!

Is there any point in running the old one at all?

Combining the new one with the IA dex is the best way to run Sisters now.

Possibly. Whilst I have FoCa, I haven't read it as thoroughly as I'd like yet. Plus, as I said previously, I still love the old model happy.png

Love the new model. I'm going to get a pluck or cut foam tray from Pirate Labs to transport her and her Geminae. I'm pondering the feasibility of shaping a brass rod and running it along one of the scrolls as a physical reinforcement.

I'm not a big fan of the old cherub cloak but not really looking for "custom" wings either. If I end up using the old model at least at times, I'm probably just gonna use a regular Seraphim backpack (which especially would make her easier to transport :P ). Although I'm a couple of backpacks short as it is if I wanted to run a full seraphim squad.

I prefer the plastic, mostly because she looks more like a battle sister empowered by the emperor with ornate armour than real/mutated wings.

You know ... if I do it again I would give her one of the twins' jump packs just for that reason.

Archived