Warmaster and Urdesh are still coming!

DukeLeto69

Matthew Farrer has just confirmed today on his blog that...

"More Snakes are on the way. Dan and I are working on the fine points of the Urdesh/Warmaster connections at the moment – I think it’s going to turn out pretty well."

Which is great news! Maybe we will actually see these two books in 2017!!!!!!

I saw Dan at a comic book signing on the 11th and he said he'd just sent Warmaster off to the editors.

THAT is great news. Really great news. The 2017 BL line up already looked pretty good so far but adding Warmaster and Urdesh to the list has really made my day!

Urdesh is a Space Marine Battles book by Matthew Farrer that will focus on the Iron Snakes that will be a companion piece to Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghost book Warmaster (also set on Urdesh)

I believe there will be some crossover characters but not a lot because they want to show the huge scale of the conflict. However, they need to carefully mesh the events to ensure no contradictions etc.

Urdesh is a Space Marine Battles book by Matthew Farrer that will focus on the Iron Snakes that will be a companion piece to Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghost book Warmaster (also set on Urdesh)

I believe there will be some crossover characters but not a lot because they want to show the huge scale of the conflict. However, they need to carefully mesh the events to ensure no contradictions etc.

They are also depend on the stories found in Sabbat Crusade (the latest GG book), I think Dan is on record saying you need to have read it to understand Warmaster and the Urdesh book.  Interestingly he also said that that the Sabbat World Crusade companion would help which is included in Sabbat Crusade.

The most amazing news! Can we dare hope that Penitent will follow, reflecting the penance Dan might need to perform, and the joy of writing the wonderfully wicked voice of Cherubael? msn-wink.gif

From when I spoke to Abnett, he said that he was working on Warmaster at that moment, which clearly was the case. He said he was then looking to pen another Heresy novel, though unsure what it would be about or who it would follow. Following that he wants to write Archon, the final novel of 'The Victory' arc of Gaunts Ghosts. THEN, he'll be looking to write Penitent. So quite some way away I imagine :(

The most amazing news! Can we dare hope that Penitent will follow, reflecting the penance Dan might need to perform, and the joy of writing the wonderfully wicked voice of Cherubael? msn-wink.gif

From when I spoke to Abnett, he said that he was working on Warmaster at that moment, which clearly was the case. He said he was then looking to pen another Heresy novel, though unsure what it would be about or who it would follow. Following that he wants to write Archon, the final novel of 'The Victory' arc of Gaunts Ghosts. THEN, he'll be looking to write Penitent. So quite some way away I imagine :(

OK, this makes me very sad. Dan's mature writing was some of his best and most experimental. Penitent was gorgeous. Come back Beta!

And I thought there was meant to be one more arc in ghosts, is that no more?

As for heresy...will Terra be that, and will that delay everything else?

Matthew Farrer has just confirmed today on his blog that...

"More Snakes are on the way. Dan and I are working on the fine points of the Urdesh/Warmaster connections at the moment – I think it’s going to turn out pretty well."

Which is great news! Maybe we will actually see these two books in 2017!!!!!!

Told you so. Farrer is an amazing author and nice fella, who listens to his fans asking him please do a blog to dissuade our worries about Urdesh. Seems I done my job well ;)

I saw Dan at a comic book signing on the 11th and he said he'd just sent Warmaster off to the editors.

Haaaaaaaaa... leluiaah!

Until you will see it with your eyes do not believe in propaganda.

Dreamer, but from your Yannead cat I could guess dreams are lovely ;)

It's great that Dan is finally back to finish the Crusade, you can't blame the guy for wanting some time off.

5 years?

HeritorA,

Whilst I ignore your contrarian & generally negative comments and reviews and acknowledge your absolute right to them, please do not suggest what I am saying is propaganda.  I am merely reporting what I was told by Dan in person two weeks ago.  I accept there have been delays to his writing and publishing with BL, which have been frustrating to all, and yes, I will believe it when I see it published on the BL website.  That will be a day I have waited a long time for. I do, however, take grave exception to you suggesting that what I have posted is in someway false or exaggerated. 

Thanks.

HeritorA,

Whilst I ignore your contrarian & generally negative comments and reviews and acknowledge your absolute right to them, please do not suggest what I am saying is propaganda.  I am merely reporting what I was told by Dan in person two weeks ago.  I accept there have been delays to his writing and publishing with BL, which have been frustrating to all, and yes, I will believe it when I see it published on the BL website.  That will be a day I have waited a long time for. I do, however, take grave exception to you suggesting that what I have posted is in someway false or exaggerated. 

Thanks.

And again you totally misunderstood me. It has nothing to do with you. 'Propaganda' was a sarcasm, sorry if I wasn't clear.

I personally heard from Abnett about 'soon' release of Warmaster at BL Weekender 2013, at BL Weekender 2014. During interviews and later in 2015 in twitter. So yes I'm frustrated, but not on you or anyone on BaC, but with the author.

HeritorA,

Whilst I ignore your contrarian & generally negative comments and reviews and acknowledge your absolute right to them, please do not suggest what I am saying is propaganda. I am merely reporting what I was told by Dan in person two weeks ago. I accept there have been delays to his writing and publishing with BL, which have been frustrating to all, and yes, I will believe it when I see it published on the BL website. That will be a day I have waited a long time for. I do, however, take grave exception to you suggesting that what I have posted is in someway false or exaggerated.

Thanks.

And again you totally misunderstood me. It has nothing to do with you. 'Propaganda' was a sarcasm, sorry if I wasn't clear.

I personally heard from Abnett about 'soon' release of Warmaster at BL Weekender 2013, at BL Weekender 2014. During interviews and later in 2015 in twitter. So yes I'm frustrated, but not on you or anyone on BaC, but with the author.

I won't tell you what he said in the Decade of Heresy interview after the recording then msn-wink.gif

HeritorA,

Whilst I ignore your contrarian & generally negative comments and reviews and acknowledge your absolute right to them, please do not suggest what I am saying is propaganda. I am merely reporting what I was told by Dan in person two weeks ago. I accept there have been delays to his writing and publishing with BL, which have been frustrating to all, and yes, I will believe it when I see it published on the BL website. That will be a day I have waited a long time for. I do, however, take grave exception to you suggesting that what I have posted is in someway false or exaggerated.

Thanks.

I won't tell you what he said in the Decade of Heresy interview after the recording then msn-wink.gif

Oh please tell me what he said after the Decade of Heresy recording :)

That he hates to give specific release dates? That he sent it to editors (it could take up to a year from the editors and rewrites), lol

This is great news. I had feared Dan had thrown in the towel with the Gaunt's Ghosts series with this prolonged fallow period for it. I see my lack of faith was unfounded. And Urdesh of all things! 

This is great news. I had feared Dan had thrown in the towel with the Gaunt's Ghosts series with this prolonged fallow period for it. I see my lack of faith was unfounded. And Urdesh of all things! 

Let's trust in Dan (me saying that, lol). But, yeah, - I will feel joy then I will take it in my own hands and see it with my own eyes :)

Archived