The Order of the Resplendent Dawn

Shifte

Little fluff summary of some recent games I've played against my friends Night Lords (and later, his Traitor Guard). I stole the initiative in Game 1 against his Night Lords and in Game 2 the majority of both armies were killed. In Game 2 the Maelstrom of War scenario suggested this was the final battle of a war, so I incorporated that into the fluff. Despite winning Game 2 21-5, the casualties pile for both armies was huge. An absolute bloodbath! Not quite as many as in this this picture, mind!

f5536b30b2bef4809a40a249122f28cf.jpg

995.M41 A Mission of Sisters of the Order of the Resplendent Dawn, numbering fifty Sororitas led by Palatine Lyra Havanar, arrived on the world of Vyrax Primus after communications from a travelling missionary claimed that traitors had infested several population centres. Upon arrival and investigation, the Sororitas discovered that some sort of heretical force had successfully performed a 'rough wooing' of the local populace via terror tactics and the public murder of Imperial officials throughout the world. Driven by fear, the leaders of the planetary PDF imposed martial law over multiple cities and declared themselves independent of the Administratum. This led to planetary civil war as various groups and factions vied for control.

Shortly before the Sororitas moved against the renegade PDF they were almost ambushed by traitor Astartes of the Night Lords Legion. However, through Divine Intervention - or perhaps sheer fortuitousness - the Night Lords' approach was spotted early by a hidden auspex scanner located close to the Sisters' fortified church and the Battle Sisters were alerted to the presence of their otherwise stealthy foes. With the element of surprise and time to prepare, the Sororitas unleashed their fury on the unsuspecting Night Lords and littered the streets with ruined engines of war. The Astartes, facing unacceptable losses, retreated from the planet with immediate effect.

Unfortunately for the Sororitas, and within hours of the previous battle, the renegade PDF arrived with an armoured assault battalion and brought battle to the loyal forces of the God Emperor. Despite losing close to four fifths of her forces, Palatine Lyra's Mission and the remnant loyalists battling alongside them were able to smash the traitor's upon the anvil of faith and sent their leadership fleeing into the wilderness. Although it would take many months to track down each and every heretic, and the losses sustained by the Resplendent Dawn would be felt by the Order for years to come, the short and bloody civil war was over.

Archived