Black Templars Ghost Talon

Honda

Brothers, I present to you my rendition of the Storm Talon. I've never been a real fan of the overall look of the Storm Raven or the Storm Talon.

At the time, the Storm Raven was pretty easy to deal with given the Chapterhouse SR extension kit. But I was never really sure what to do with the Storm Talon. Eventually, a few ideas came together and now I am ready to present for your scrutiny, the Ghost Talon*.

Overall, I'm fairly happy with the conversions and how the slight visual changes modify the profile. I'd like to think that it turned out a little more deadly looking. As with most projects, it's not perfect, but did come very close to the vision I had for this vehicle. At some point, I'll have to take some shots with the rest of my crusade's air force.

I hope you enjoy.

* I figured I had modified it enough that I could fluff up the name a bit.

gallery_15184_7227_18032.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_30759.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_26086.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_15991.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_5882.jpg

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some updated pics from a recent game, shown next to a standard Storm Talon.

gallery_15184_7227_119214.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_139143.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_1036259.jpg

And here, unfortunately, is a shot just prior to my Ghost Talons being shot down by fish headed Xenos scum:

gallery_15184_7227_497406.jpg

Cheers,

The usual problem I have with models that I don't like is that I tend to still have multiples of them...

the Stormtalon is a great example of this and my primary issue was the bits involved with ensuring that all my Talons follow my STC, to ensure that they don't follow the standard STC...

confusing I know tongue.png

TLDR, converting multiple vehicles like the Ghost-talons needs patience and skills, and I salute Honda for that biggrin.png

great job!

edit: @ Honda: can you give me a link to your Stormraven bits provider through pm?

I need those tails for my Stormhawk conversions :D

Archived