LOW for 3000 point army

Bythehololight

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you hate everyone you play? Do you think of objective markers as secondary missions to kiliing eveything you see? Then the Stormlord Ridiculist™

Stormlord front and center, half packed with heavy weapon squads (lascannons and/orflakk missiles preferred) and finished up with a forgelord, a tech marine, and 18 tacticals/vets with extra cc.

First turn move your mobile kill box to the center of the board and disembark your assault tacticals in an ark for that chainfist screening goodness. Then, make a statement with hot brass. Starting your second turn you put all power to the weapons to fire twice at any infantry in range, and lacannon/missile any armor.

Great support would be pairs/tercios of multimelta and missile Javelins to punish the fools who cower in the face of your brutal majesty!

Then, make a statement with hot brass

Remember that all those heavy weapons will be Snap Shots as you have moved their Transport.
Only the first turn. Staying at the edge of deployment zone and not moving, possibly with an ADL, is also an option, mega-bolter has 60" range after all.

Then, make a statement with hot brass

Remember that all those heavy weapons will be Snap Shots as you have moved their Transport.
Only the first turn. Staying at the edge of deployment zone and not moving, possibly with an ADL, is also an option, mega-bolter has 60" range after all.
Ok, then...

Remember, that your units shoot out of the Yakuzi in the back of the Stormlord.

So, no line of sight to the front.

Problem with the Baneblade variants is the lack of Melta protection. But if there is little melta in your local area you should be alright.

I use a Stormsword for the 10" blast :)

All things being available, I would love a Shadowsword. Anti-melta is why I would have the infantry screen. Block the path to melta bombs and charge/mega-bolter frontal meltagun units. Heavy weapons can pretty handily stop anything the tacs might miss. With a target that juicy and hardhitting, it is a bad gamble to ignore it. Having a couple Javelins running the sides for mop ups and counter armor ops.

If you pay the points for two pairs of sponsons you'll have way more firepower than what a Javelin or two provides at a fraction of the cost :)

Thats true (especially for my wallet) but multimelta javelins can rear armor pop things like vindicators, which can pose a problem for a stormlord. Missile pods or lascannons can make quadlaunchers sad pretty quick.

Archived