What are peoples thoughts on Warlord and The Carrion Throne?

Blades of Damocles made me want to shoot myself....hated that novel.

Because it was crap  - as previous Farsight novel.

I do not understand what Xisor so excited about the Farsight Kelly novel (which is a prequel again)

Recorded the David Annandale Warlord interview Sunday and we kept it short, 20 minutes, no huge (teehee, see what I did there?teehee.gif ) spoilers. Should be in this week's episode coming Thursday.

Chris W confirmed for Carrion throne interview once I've read mine.

Recorded the David Annandale Warlord interview Sunday and we kept it short, 20 minutes, no huge (teehee, see what I did there?teehee.gif ) spoilers. Should be in this week's episode coming Thursday.

Did you asked him about 'Ruinstorm' - his upcoming HH stuff.

We are more interested in upcoming stuff and not about already released stuff

yes, but he could say little new on Ruinstorm

Why everyone is so afraid to give some info on new stuff, for fething sake will it ever end - torturing authors for the information on new books? verymad.gif

It's like BL playing a Civilization V game. Everyone else is already build starships and BL invent fire in the cave.... censored.gif

Because writing things takes time and there are editorial processes involved too. You don't want to spill the beans too early or things change before release, or you actually cut into the marketing schedule of the publisher. All in due time. At this point we should all have enough patience to cope with the excitement.

Because writing things takes time and there are editorial processes involved too. You don't want to spill the beans too early or things change before release, or you actually cut into the marketing schedule of the publisher. All in due time. At this point we should all have enough patience to cope with the excitement.

Other companies could do a solid preview and snippets even without spoiling stuff but giving us a true excitement. Plus they should learn to advertise where stories. Look at Geiman or Abercrombi - after several simple twits you already WANT to buy the book. But after the comment 'I finished the book .... But it's more of a theological ending to Imperium Secundus...' I'm not even interested. verymad.gif

Can everyone slow down ordering LE Carrion Throne

No we cannot - we need more

teehee.gif

Why everyone is so afraid to give some info on new stuff, for fething sake will it ever end - torturing authors for the information on new books? verymad.gif

It's like BL playing a Civilization V game. Everyone else is already build starships and BL invent fire in the cave.... censored.gif

Have to agree with you on this, the info is scarce. I would be listening to the interview mainly for any comments on Ruinstorm because I mainly follow the Heresy and am interested in upcoming books. So far no release date or synopsis, so any news would have been good.

In general I would not mind if they talked more about upcoming books, it's a good topic and only they have info about it.

@Have to agree with you on this, the info is scarce. I would be listening to the interview mainly for any comments on Ruinstorm because I mainly follow the Heresy and am interested in upcoming books. So far no release date or synopsis, so any news would have been good. In general I would not mind if they talked more about upcoming books, it's a good topic and only they have info about it.@

-

indeed Taliesin  you are right

David's interview on Warlord is here. Chris and Carrion Throne will be 3-4 weeks from now, I expect.

link - http://traffic.libsyn.com/combatphase/Ep_193_-_8th_ed_Warlord_wDavid_Annandale__Painting_Gold_wMyles.mp3

The no-longer-cursed episode appears! Though we are working on getting back our usual recording software we had to redo this episode due to a horrible glitch in the replacement software. Trust us, this was a tedious yet kind move. smile.png We talk news, hobby, games played and then have 3 segments. 1st we look at the release of info on 40K 8th ed with the daily info drops since Saturday and give our (very excited!) thoughts.
Then David Annandale returns to discuss his new epic book Warlord: Fury of the God-Machine. Finally, expert painter Myles of Lil' Legend Studios instructs us on painting all types of Gold. Join us again next week as we look at the new Kharadron Overlords.
Enjoy!
time stamp:
00:00 - 00:50 intro
00:50 - 01:12 David Annandale on Warlord: Fury of the God-Machine
01:12 - 01:43 Myles of Lil' Legend Studios tells us how to paint all types of Gold!
@david_annandale
@lillegendstudio
#New40K follow on Twitter
Pete @geekjockpete
New 40K website: https://warhammer40000.com/
www.frontlinegaming.org
Combat Phase aims to bring excellent resources to our listeners around the world. Here are some excellent sources, retailers and more to be sure to check out.
Enjoy!

David's interview on Warlord is here. Chris and Carrion Throne will be 3-4 weeks from now, I expect.

link - http://traffic.libsyn.com/combatphase/Ep_193_-_8th_ed_Warlord_wDavid_Annandale__Painting_Gold_wMyles.mp3

The no-longer-cursed episode appears! Though we are working on getting back our usual recording software we had to redo this episode due to a horrible glitch in the replacement software. Trust us, this was a tedious yet kind move. smile.png We talk news, hobby, games played and then have 3 segments. 1st we look at the release of info on 40K 8th ed with the daily info drops since Saturday and give our (very excited!) thoughts.
Then David Annandale returns to discuss his new epic book Warlord: Fury of the God-Machine. Finally, expert painter Myles of Lil' Legend Studios instructs us on painting all types of Gold. Join us again next week as we look at the new Kharadron Overlords.
Enjoy!
time stamp:
00:00 - 00:50 intro
00:50 - 01:12 David Annandale on Warlord: Fury of the God-Machine
01:12 - 01:43 Myles of Lil' Legend Studios tells us how to paint all types of Gold!
@david_annandale
@lillegendstudio
#New40K follow on Twitter
Pete @geekjockpete
New 40K website: https://warhammer40000.com/
www.frontlinegaming.org
Combat Phase aims to bring excellent resources to our listeners around the world. Here are some excellent sources, retailers and more to be sure to check out.
Enjoy!

you should edit the text - remove format veterannoob

msn-wink.gif

And thanks for the work well done again

whoops, lol! fixed.

Well done - as I mention before - for future interviews please ask more questions about upcoming stuff.

P.S. Link is not a link lol

I always always ask about upcoming stuff and get as much as they are allowed to say.

Embargos are a thing we should respect. Asking specific questions that could put an author into a bad spot in the middle of a show is often awkward.

You can always be sure that they'd LOVE to spill the beans and share their excitement about their work. But the simple fact is that usually they can't. They have to play by the rules.

Time stamps!! Woop woop

thanks to YOU good sir for reminding me :) This episode was our first Cursed ep in our 4-year run, meaning Robert's recording software doesn't work, his replacement made me sound like a bad Russian rip-off of Transformers in the 1980s and this final one is less than ideal but worked. Unfortunatley when I skype others I stop them if noise occurs but can't always keep the odd shuffle or scrape out of the show. Whatever, I listen to many shows and...we're doing just fine whistling.gif msn-wink.gif

Time stamps!! Woop woop

thanks to YOU good sir for reminding me smile.png This episode was our first Cursed ep in our 4-year run, meaning Robert's recording software doesn't work, his replacement made me sound like a bad Russian rip-off of Transformers in the 1980s and this final one is less than ideal but worked. Unfortunatley when I skype others I stop them if noise occurs but can't always keep the odd shuffle or scrape out of the show. Whatever, I listen to many shows and...we're doing just fine whistling.gif msn-wink.gif

A horror story for sure veterannoob

Struggle with the same issues while doing HH video episodes for the W40K community in my country. Such a pain the ass to have issues with recording software...

Just read the book.

Enjoyed it greatly.

Ahhh, awesome. Can you please go here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333364-carrion-throne-review-and-opinions/ and tell me why do you enjoyed it, what's the best parts of it for you and which characters are the best Sete?

Archived