Vash's Battle video battle reports (updated vs GSC)

Vash

Gawd darn autocorrect :D

Good catch guys! 

But in all seriousness... I guess I was hitting him with social weapons. 

Concerning the bolter + meltagun combo... I am currently using combi-meltas, but in recent games, I wish I had meltagun + boltgun. But I don't want to be there again with using incorrect army list (shotgun + boltgun). But you are right, the FAQ exclusively excludes only the shotgun. And to be honest, to keep my DW competitive I need that extra punch. 

Yah, 30k might not be up to date with the toughest codexes in 40k, but with that Fellblade I can't really see many solutions with the Deathwatch. There was ceramic plating on that thing too. 

I did have a level 2 librarian and an inquisitor with Technomancy, but the Fellblade was protected to some extent and I had to prioritise objectives. 

After the game I know more on how to tackle lists like he had. Looking now on a more psyker heavy list. 12 Hull points is pretty harsh... 

I am still struggling with if I should make a battle report video of it all... Its is one sided, and all I do is fighting to get some maelstrom points. 

Every turn the Fellblade takes out one or two units. 

I am now fearing that I will be doing more and more allying with the Deathwatch... much due to the upcoming Ultra Primach. 

Oh well, I'll pick my fights more carefully in the future :) I hate to do it, but I think need to avoid the really hard lists if I am going to make battle reports. I have no problems with uploading losses, but it should be interesting to watch it at least (heck my first battle report video was a loss). 

Anyhow, I am back to the drawing board and exchanging the twitter guns for some serious dakka.

• 3 weeks later...

New battle report up. 

1000 pts vs Genestealer Cults. 

Really loved the game, even though it went sideways for the GSC player. But... even though he made som misstakes, he picked up the game from mid to end. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dcnXlIeE7o&feature=youtu.be

We did play one more game directly after. This just because both of us wanted to see what would happen if he was guaranteed a first turn and better psychic powers (I did roll for size, and rolled a 6... but we decided to skip that for the sake of the alpha strike form the GSC). 

That battle report will be edited later on. 

I for one love the shinies but I'm easily impressed by flashy graphics (child of the 80s and all that).  I can understand how some would consider it overwhelming, though.

Great batrep as usual.... I love looking at the army.

It is interesting to me how different our GSC experiences are. I never see the Astra component... maybe 1 tank (usually the big shell, no cover). My opponent always takes the 20 Genestealer thing and I can never get rid of it... if he doesn't roll a 6 on units, he hides them all over the table, and simply picks them up and re-rolls over and over until you are completely submerged in chaff units, and if you shoot any he just moves them away, picks them up, and they grow back free models... very annoying.

In fact I've only beat GSC once, and it was with my Grey Knights. I've never come close with my DW, so that's a great win. I'm typically pushed back and he's usually juggling 60-70 models... ugh.

Definitely a tough situation with the GSC.  I think they're a fun, characterful, and unique codex with a playstyle that is completely different from everything else in the game.  In many ways, they're exactly what the Alpha Legion want to be and just can't achieve.  That being said, it's an easy codex to min-max and play to advantage and it's sad because it's burying the character of this fun army.

FWIW, the GSC army I'm building has a full Neophyte Cavalcade (yes, Sentinels :D) and I'm saving up my pennies to build a Demolition Claw, because I think these options are uber-cool and because I'm not that concerned with tabling opponents  :)

The only way to chew through large amounts of Hull points with silly high armour is haywire.

But personally think trying to take that sort of junk in small points games distorts both sides the cure can end up being far worse as it can distort the game the other way by a huge margin

DA have a psychic power that makes units snap fire it completely derails super heavies, there's always a counter

Rock paper scissors etc

I for one love the shinies but I'm easily impressed by flashy graphics (child of the 80s and all that).  I can understand how some would consider it overwhelming, though.

Thanks mate. Might be because we both are from the 80's that I add all these things :D I made another battle report with flashy sound effects after this one. Though its a Farsight Enclave vs Grey Knights battle report. Yes... foul xenon, but I do play other armies too :D Check it out if you dare (on my youtube channel)

Great batrep as usual.... I love looking at the army.

It is interesting to me how different our GSC experiences are. I never see the Astra component... maybe 1 tank (usually the big shell, no cover). My opponent always takes the 20 Genestealer thing and I can never get rid of it... if he doesn't roll a 6 on units, he hides them all over the table, and simply picks them up and re-rolls over and over until you are completely submerged in chaff units, and if you shoot any he just moves them away, picks them up, and they grow back free models... very annoying.

In fact I've only beat GSC once, and it was with my Grey Knights. I've never come close with my DW, so that's a great win. I'm typically pushed back and he's usually juggling 60-70 models... ugh.

Thanks again. 

Well to be honest it was his first game with the GSC. And I was so pumped for this game and hoping to get my hands on a tough game. But... at this point level and with what he had painted it was hard for him unless he went first. And that is what we did in our second game. We ensured he got first turn. And that game was scary... he got the right psychic powers, perfect rolls on his cult ambush, and I was tabled in turn 3. Even though I was utterly killed, I was impressed over the GSC synergy when it all works. Well written codex, and next time I face him, I won't bring a friendly DW list. Though... it will be hard to beat the GSC with DW. 

Sp I might end up doing one game more with DW against the GSC and then ally some SoB into the mix (ordered som Grishnak War maidens... 50 of them)...

Until next game, thanks :D

Just a little side note.... for that psychic power that lets him shoot you with your own unit... it's a Focused witchfire, so it's only one model.

Oh... :D My poor bikers. 

Well that good to know. 

Archived