30k Castellax and Praevian

Targetlock

Greetings Fellow battle-brothers smile.png thought you might enjoy seeing my latest unit for my loyalist shattered legion. My Praevian and his Castellax retinue from my loyalist Iron warriors.

Castellax and Praevian 2

Built from the kastelan kit with only minor modifications, the third is an old rogue trader robot slightly too small to be a dreadnought.

Castellax

Praevian

The Praevian built from a large variety of bits, not shown in the pic is the bolter in a harness on his back.
Hope you guys enjoy, sorry about the small pics. comments and questions more than welcome smile.png

Ok so i got some better pics smile.png but they are too big for the gallery so forced to link to Photobucket.

Praevian:

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/targetlock1/media/Praevian_zpsnw1rhchg.jpg.html?filters[user]=137257445&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Castellax and Praevian group, picture taken at my local gaming store:

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/targetlock1/media/P1010203_zpsnunnj9zb.jpg.html?filters[user]=137257445&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

Enjoy :)

Awesome work Targetlock! I have a few critiques. 

1. You gotta finish those bases! Get some baking soda from the grocery store for a very cheap and quick way to add some texture (with white glue).

2. I would like to see more definition on the metallics. Wash the metallics with black (nuln oil should work). Then go back over them again with your metal paint. If you have a brighter silver, do some edging with that to finish it off!

3. Holy crap look at that old Dread! Nice man!

Awesome work Targetlock! I have a few critiques. 

1. You gotta finish those bases! Get some baking soda from the grocery store for a very cheap and quick way to add some texture (with white glue).

2. I would like to see more definition on the metallics. Wash the metallics with black (nuln oil should work). Then go back over them again with your metal paint. If you have a brighter silver, do some edging with that to finish it off!

3. Holy crap look at that old Dread! Nice man!

firstly thanks for the feedback, its all helpful :) 

1. yeah I'm still getting the hang of improving my bases and that sounds like a good technique, ive just been using Martian Ironearth followed by Ironcrust.

2. for the metallics i do leadbelcher followed by nuln oil, then agrrax in the recesses but yeah chainmail could be worth a try as i have that for highlighting.

3. Yeah that dude is pretty old :) too small now for a dread i feel, just added a Defiler mask and some extra plating.

Archived