Guilliman and Grand Master Voldus

Prot

Oh man I'm just dying now.... I think he looks great, and the bad news is I could see using him for a few models in the army, but not at "triumvirate pricing"!

I also am curious if he can really be as potent as Draigo for the points. I mean really Draigo is an incredible unit onto himself. This guy better be pretty amazing... or be 200 points you can't live without (IE: Celestine-esque).

He's actually the best of BOTH world's - with people hoping for a special GK Librarian, or the return of a special GM character.

He should be a kickass Librarian so...stock ML3? But he's also a GM with a (unique?) Daemon Hammer so...3-4 wounds AND 3-4 attacks base?

Will he compete with Draigo I wonder, I know Draigo is the tank and delivery system of our army and would have a different role to this new guy, but Im thinking 200 points would be about the cost of him, so what are the chances people will be fielding Voldus and Draigo together in say an 1850pt game? I mean, if he has great synergy with Draigo could he they be an even more potent combo than Celestine-Draigo?

Or how about if he FINALLY buffs our physic phase (eg. being warlord allows all GKs to harness powers on a 3+). So, what role do people want him to have in our army? At what points cost are you willing to pay for it? Would you be willing to drop a Dreadknight to fit him in or even Draigo? Or if you want him to sync well with Draigo in what way would it be as to finally take our army to the next level?

For a GK player his model is already tops, but thinking about the possibilities his rules could have what do you guys want? 

I think if he's a Grandmaster he could very well be ML3, BUT I will take ML 2 with built in re-rolls over that.

If he has a unique psychic power, that's got potential too, and is very likely. (thinking of Greyfax here.)

If he comes with stock powers, I'm hoping one of those is Sanctuary. The ability to have a guaranteed way of boosting the survivability of Terminators and Paladins is massive.

Also I'm switching out that Head for a Paladin helmet

Well, the best part, he is probably the least desired of the set in general, which means he should be the highest in quantity floating around on eBay next month. Great for any GK player. I was in the middle of deliberating what models I would buy for about 150-200points to fill out my current GK army but this answer that question fast.

As for the helmet option, I'm thinking he won't come with one, so curious for either GK termie helmets or paladin ones...What would you put? One poster already prefers a paladin, how about the rest of you?

I think you're right... the Grey Knight character will probably be the most numerous on ebay.... but then again I bet more people ally Grey Knights, then actually play Ultra's so it's tough to say really. Plus we really don't know what role Cypher plays in all of this. He might be a subplot device more than a 'must have' character. It's really hard to say.

I know this sounds petty but I'm -really- hoping for a side effect of this Grey Knight character to be some sort of fresh formation.

I know this sounds petty but I'm -really- hoping for a side effect of this Grey Knight character to be some sort of fresh formation.

Well I know I'm hoping for too much, but it would be nice if he comes with something that buffs our paladins (since they're in the picture). Our paladins really should be awesome.

I hope they become "better" at least.

Well I know I'm hoping for too much, but it would be nice if he comes with something that buffs our paladins (since they're in the picture). Our paladins really should be awesome.

I hope they become "better" at least.

While we are hoping.. screw it... let's hope for awesome like they should be =D At worst they'll remain the same... I mean it's not like they can get worse... right?!

Well so far in the new campaign every release of kick ass character trio was with new formations including these new characters affiliated armies.
So we have good chances to see a formation including GK and other space marines. I don't think we will have GK only formations though.

He may not have a problem with it. They kept the threat of chaos pretty close to the vest before the heresy.

That could be a factor against Guilliman agreeing to such a policy now: "If the Emperor had explained the threat of Chaos to us, maybe we would have recognised it and known not to fall for it."

We don't see Guilliman espousing such policies during the Heresy, though that could just be that he hadn't grasped quite the insidious extent of the threat.

His actions during the Scouring are likely to tell us how he'd react to a GK asking to purge apparently loyal guardsmen etc, but not sure we've any recent lore about that.

Depending on his set powers, he might even be a good REPLACEMENT for Draigo in a GK Star. A PML3 Libby with DLD will usually get Gate anyhow, making Draigo's redundant. I'm excited to see how it pairs with Celestine.

Honestly I'd feel a bit ripped off by that. Only because Draigo is one of the best infantry tanks in the game, and now we have Celestine. So to me this would feel like more of the same.

I bet he will be classified as a MC. He will probably have a lot of support auras and a couple of unique rules that buff troops. He was a great tactician right?

He will still pack a punch in combat though.

An MC means... no transport, and not able to join units.

I just don't want to see a full repeat of Celestine rules bashed with Belasarius. I know it will happen to some degree but really the army effect is what I look forward to the most.

For example I think one thing we could agree on is if Voldus improved, or complimented Paladins in some way that would probably be a welcome change to the state they're in now.

I'm absolutely torn between using my old Stern model as a proxy Voldus (replacing his sword with a hammer and probably finally sawing off his choppy chop hand and throwing on some other hand) or getting Voldus great model. While I appreciate how cool Voldus looks, I'm also a stingy censored.gif. Hence my conflict.

Archived