Heresy Weekender News and Discussion

helterskelter

Not moaning or anything but I just find it a bit odd literally the entire thousand sons range had their models shown (apart from a couple) whilst the wolves only got the dread. I'm not a wolves player but slightly disappointed as I was wanting to see FWs take on the wolves especially GW fi overboard on the wolfyness. Also how come they didn't do the full reveal of what Magnus looks like I get they are trying to build hype but they have finished him I thought the whole point of weekender was to show off all the stuff they completed not hide most of it for later date

From speaking to the team, apparently the plan was to unveil the full Magnus this weekend, but the Leak of Guilliman changed that. Since GW had to rush to show off Guilliman 40k, they opted to not steal that thunder by having two competing Primarch reveals the same weekend.

**with as little sarcasm as possible** Did they say why none of the wolf stuff was available or give a timeline for release?

No timeline but someone (I can't remember who, sorry!) in the N&R said the Grey Slayers are done in CAD and the others are in progress.

In my opinion, of the armies released, Custodes required the most original work and TS were 2nd behind them. If any army needed work the least, it was Wolves. They have an extensive range of 40K parts which work perfectly well with the Heresy range and there are plenty of FW kits to kit bash with. Wolves were just lower priority, unfortunately.

I don't play 40k... and given what 1ksons just got in plastic I find that to be a... weak reasoning. FW themselves have stated 40k wolves and 30k wolves at very different and the fluff so far backs that up... Anyway I'll be curious to see what the reaction will be when Dark Mech, and daemons get lavished with attention and effort and one or both of the Legion armies are left with the "sorry we ran out of time/effort/care" response.

​I'll probably have completed something like 4k of wolves by the time they release the mandatory troop unit... anyway I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to be posting, I'm both frustrated and disappointed a more intoxicating mix has not been discovered by man.

Hey all, just had a chat with Rob Macfarlane about Space Wolf models that he's designed. I think this will make a lot of people very happy.

Grey Slayers are done, and are not just one kit. They are several different upgrade kits to cover all the weapon options, 10 heads a kit, an artificer armour sergeant, 20 shoulder pads, and then the weapon options. I'm not clear on there being different heads in each kit, but I expect it's the same base with different weapon options being what makes each set unique. Still, awesome!

Varagyr are half-finished, torsos & heads and pads done. Rob really wants to do running legs as well to emphasize their aggressive nature, with knotwork on the knees and carefully draped pelts that flow with the armour, but that's undecided as of now.

They've also planned out but not started on the models for Priests of Fenris, but there will definitely be models for Speakers of the Dead & Casters of Runes.

Only thing that hasn't been worked out so much is Deathsworn, and they should still arrive this year. 

I hope this is all true and gets released SOON

Point is Magnus is very overpowered compared to everything in the 30k meta. I don't get the massive delay with Inferno especially now that the rules don't seem well thought out...

If I want power leaps like this I'll stick to broken 40k combos.

QFT

Why couldnt you play drop assault vanguard and those type of rites? I realize the wolves make assault marines "legion support squads" but it says in the rites like recon company (in which recon marines would otherwise be non compulsory) that they become so(that being compulsory). I dont see why that changes for the wolves, unless im missing something. It should be so long as you take a rite that makes them compulsory you can take them as such.

Grey Slayers must be your Compulsory Troops in a Space Wolves list. The restriction on those Rites is that you must take X unit as your Compulsory Troops. Do you see the confliction? I did talk to Alan Bligh on this one, although the response wasn't a straight yes or no. He said that due to their rules, some Rites are indeed restricted to the Wolves. So, kinda rough.

Wow, this is getting sillier than I initially thought.

Never seen this much complaining in regards to a 30k Release cycle.......

the wolves will get their due, wait your turn. they have an entire range of plastics to play with, and some (from what I see) great new rules. 

No no figures *yet* is a bummer, but it sounds like its all in the pipe, and a long delay till the 1k sons stuff gets released generally anyway. 

Dang, really? I'm completely enamored with them. They're filled with little details that set them apart and feel very "Iron Warriors," tying in to the design aesthetic of the Contemptor and Domitar-Ferrum, but still very restrained. I think they knocked it out of the park.

Here's a shot I took of one up close & personal:

http://i.imgur.com/0Of7HpM.jpg?1

Dang, really? I'm completely enamored with them. They're filled with little details that set them apart and feel very "Iron Warriors," tying in to the design aesthetic of the Contemptor and Domitar-Ferrum, but still very restrained. I think they knocked it out of the park.

Here's a shot I took of one up close & personal:

http://i.imgur.com/0Of7HpM.jpg?1

I like them a lot. Understated but you would never confuse them for anything other than Iron Warriors.

Yeah for a 2 year wait the models are very underwhelming. I could have converted something more interesting. Now I have to decide if I want to do that, or just grab them when they go on sale.

Sounds like most of FW's descisions they seem to love holding finished models back to create hype and draw them out which leads to them being lack lustre on their actual release, I thought the moriats were pretty choice looking when they were revealed ages ago but now meh I've seen better conversions

the Tyrants are the same the helms are pretty swet but everything else..... yeah the cyclone launchers just look bland

They do seem a little bland but it's not like they've been designing them since Extermination. They've only just got around to them. And the up-side is they will fit remarkably well alongside most peoples conversions. And we have a Primarch, not everyone does.

In any case, it could be worse - imagine being a White Scars player! :( Those guys and girls should be the only people with a reason to complain.

There is no cost justification for something that cannot be killed without the express presence of SoS.

The whole idea of Magnus and his sorcerous sons is that they're almost untouchable without anti-psyker support

With anti-psyker support, they're highly vulnerable.

That is a horrible design philosophy for a model game.

Perhaps...but I'm referring to fluff, not design philosophy

In the fluff, the TSons are further balanced by their tendency to mutate when drawing upon too much Warp power

Well, this hasn't been brought up so much either, but the Thousand Sons do have crazy drawbacks. If any model in their force suffers a wound from Perils, THE WHOLE ARMY takes a Pinning test. And they suffer -1Ld the rest of the game and can't sweep if you kill their HQs.

You can't really count on the former, but the latter? HQ hunting will be a pretty real thing against Thousand Sons armies. Admittedly easier said than done, and some lists will do it better than others, but still.

Not to mention it's clearly supposed to be a nerrative game, and narratively you would have SoS to counter Magnus and all the psyker shinanigans. It was balanced, it was balanced within the narrative.

Well not just the narrative, but within the rules of the game. Yes, thats what they are there for.

There's always the Tyrant Siege Terminators, which took 2 years to be released, and to be honest, are a little underwhelming in my opinion.  Though I can't really complain because the Iron Warriors are  supposed to be more utilitarian than anything.

Yeah for a 2 year wait the models are very underwhelming. I could have converted something more interesting. Now I have to decide if I want to do that, or just grab them when they go on sale.

Other than the helm, I aint thrilled with them.

Happy I kit bashed my own

I don't know what everyone who's disappointed with them was expecting. I mean, how much different do Cataphractii termies with missile need to be? Everything but the arms is customized for this one specific unit, and I think they look extremely appropriate for the IV Legion.

The Tyrants look ok. I dont like the body that has the bionic leg though.

Justaerin are still the best looking termies imo, only thing that could challenge them for mine will be the Custodes ones (assuming they will be like Collected Visions termies)..

There's always the Tyrant Siege Terminators, which took 2 years to be released, and to be honest, are a little underwhelming in my opinion.  Though I can't really complain because the Iron Warriors are  supposed to be more utilitarian than anything.

Other than the helm, I aint thrilled with them.

Happy I kit bashed my own

I don't know what everyone who's disappointed with them was expecting. I mean, how much different do Cataphractii termies with missile need to be? Everything but the arms is customized for this one specific unit, and I think they look extremely appropriate for the IV Legion.

http://i.imgur.com/0XZlBUO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PSSYAPn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9un0gxu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NtrkhzJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6NOQZ1S.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6yvEvL0.jpg

Look how rad and stylized all these other ones are. I think we were expecting Tyrants to be more unique- like smaller Iron Circle. The Tyrants are pretty uninspired compared to a lot of the others. I don't think I'd care, but it took them more than two years to basically add some hazard stripes and IW shoulderpads.

Let's see...

Customized helmet? Check.

Customized torso? Check.

Customized shoulders? Check.

Customized legs? Check.

In character with their Legion, as are the rest of the customized termies posted? Check.

As someone else mentioned, the IWs are the most utilitarian, non-glamorous Legion in terms of appearance.

Personally, I think the Red Butchers are awful, and the Firedrakes and Gorgons are meh at best.

All of the other Terminator units are also called out for some kind of unique organization/role/characteristic/distinguishing features.

Tyrant Siege Terminators are specifically noted as Cataphractii Terminators with mounted missile launchers. Mission accomplished?

Let's see...

Customized helmet? Check.

Customized torso? Check.

Customized shoulders? Check.

Customized legs? Check.

In character with their Legion, as are the rest of the customized termies posted? Check.

As someone else mentioned, the IWs are the most utilitarian, non-glamorous Legion in terms of appearance.

While they aren't perfect (the torsos are a tad uninspired and the ptergues on the arms are too long), they are a solid 8/10 and match the IW design aesthetic that Forgeworld have chosen to go with. Even if you don't like the majority of the models at least you've now got a legitimate option for a cyclone missile launcher that matches the Legion design aesthetic, unlike 90% of your options in the past (third-party and GW).

Archived