Heresy Weekender News and Discussion

helterskelter

Have received my copy of Inferno which I snagged off Ebay at a price that I only just found bareable.

Glorious!

What's the fluff around the badass black Custode scheme?

This is just about all you're going to get for that:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/330199-hh-weekender-schedule/?p=4643379

I would say that there's a few different schemes out there, this one is based on those based underneath the Imperial Palace.

Monarchia, anyone...? 

And the Fists jailed their own librarians at the drop of a hat...?

Seriously, these are a bunch of hyper-aggressive, genetically-engineered, super-soldiers who wipe out human civilizations every other weekend that refuse to bow the knee to their golden-armoured ultra-psyker tyrant of an Emperor. I don't know what anyone was really expecting?

That the Ultramarines or Fists have a relatively kinder record doesn't change their nature. Same goes for the Salamanders, or whoever else really.

I'd really like to personally read that passage on the IF and UM Abandoning/Assassinating some TS for a bit more context because unless the order had come from on High (like the Primarch or Emperor) the act does seem particularly out of place for these two legions.

If it does happen post Istvaan, then I can see it being a more likely occurrence.

Well, for context... From the Imperial perspective, I think when the Canis Vertex took a step forwards to the tune of the screams of the damned, alight in hellfire, in front of the Legio Custodes and hundreds or thousands of VIth Legion witnesses, the credibility of the Thousand Sons went riiiiight out the door. 

However, here is a picture of the relevant page. It won't have much of anything beyond the information I've posted. It's presented pretty dispassionately, because the Thousand Sons at this point, from the perspective of the Imperium, deserve nothing but absolute purgation. I think the rest of the book is going to provide the context for the most part... so I'm not sure this helps too much. But it's something.

http://i.imgur.com/TAIbTy0.jpg

Remember though, that these accounts are written with an Imperial historical view on things and as such the atrocities at the time is completely justified.

Just as the Wolves, if those Ultramarines and Imperial Fist groups got an order from the Warmaster about the Thousand Sons going rogue and using witchcraft after Nikea, they would most likely follow it.

Well, for context... From the Imperial perspective, I think when the Canis Vertex took a step forwards to the tune of the screams of the damned, alight in hellfire, in front of the Legio Custodes and hundreds or thousands of VIth Legion witnesses, the credibility of the Thousand Sons went riiiiight out the door. 

However, here is a picture of the relevant page. It won't have much of anything beyond the information I've posted. It's presented pretty dispassionately, because the Thousand Sons at this point, from the perspective of the Imperium, deserve nothing but absolute purgation. I think the rest of the book is going to provide the context for the most part... so I'm not sure this helps too much. But it's something.

"25,000 listed as killed in combat, and several thousand more besides, mostly of the Thirteenth Great Company, simply listed as missing"

Official FW Wulfen reference :)

Just looking at some of the bits of Inferno that folks have put up, the proofing situation is really quite funny for such a high-end book. You've got things like Schopenhauer quotes ('the arch-philosopher Skopenhar, M02') sitting alongside "Rights of war". On the same page as the correct spelling.

I must admit that "rights of war" is one of my biggest pet peeves and makes me instantly stop reading any post where it´s mentioned and shout enraged against the wall or any other inanimate object near me. I think I´ll have a seizure when I spot it in a FW edited book.

As great Sima Qian said:

Military weapons are the means used by the Sage to punish violence and cruelty, to give peace to troublous times, to remove difficulties and dangers, and to succor those who are in peril. Every animal with blood in its veins and horns on its head will fight when it is attacked. How much more so will man, who carries in his breast the faculties of love and hatred, joy and anger! When he is pleased, a feeling of affection springs up within him; when angry, his poisoned sting is brought into play. That is the natural law which governs his being

Just discovered an easter egg in Inferno: they snuck in a new Knight chassis name in a House Malinax color plate. "Achaeus," has that ever come up before?

Could be the Subjugator-like Knight chassis or the smaller one-weapon Knight chassis Darren Parrwood was sketching up? Will be neat to see.

That last sentence seems pretty ominous.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Vogon

Archived