Heresy Weekender News and Discussion

helterskelter

Do we have rules for the emps or just the knowledge he will come. I have a bet to settle

He will come. No rules yet

Dang thanks though. My buddy thinks he'll be as much as a Titan (in points and in actual cost)

I bet him he'd be a little more that's Horus in terms of both

So are the legion rules/units considered to be top tier? Just wondering how they will work with say the other legions.

I would say they are very on par with top forces. Russ is god tier in cc. Magnus being able to sling ferocious spells like a joke is pretty powerful as well. Spells for days. And he's the only primarch that can actually confidently tank a D hit.

I'm super keen for any news about the mechanicum units from inferno. Anyone?

Secutarii (plus a new variant "imbued" with the power of titan machines), an (unimpressive) assault Triaros variant, and that's it. Nothing else new for them.

Unimpressive in that it's worse than a Triaros?

Secutarii (plus a new variant "imbued" with the power of titan machines), an (unimpressive) assault Triaros variant, and that's it. Nothing else new for them.

Unimpressive in that it's worse than a Triaros?

It's called an assault tank but doesn't really feel assault-y. It's main armament is a long range AP4 mortar (with rad shells), and lightning gun sentinels. Its role seems confusing.

Nice catch in the Astartes Commisar there!

Rad mortar sounds fun, though I agree it's a departure from the in-your-faceooeration of astartes assault tanks. 40k skitarii are able to irradiate their surrounding...may be the idea here is softening up enemy positions with something that gives your troops an edge ahead of the actual assault?

I also quite like the idea of the psychic cybernetika bots....and did someone mention a psyker Warlord titan?!

Awesome, thanks for the response. Quick follow up. Are they an independent force or have they been added into the overall taghmata options?

The assault triaros actually have assault or is it open top or?

Cheers.

Absolutely fantastic.  Forgeworld has hit it out of the ballpark with the 1k sons rules (and with others!) 

After reading over Magnus and all the other pages for the cults, and rites.....I am impressed. Powerful, but not mind-numbingly so, with very strong innate bonuses, but also innate weaknesses. 

I have a feeling that Pyrae and Raptora will be big takers in the 1k sons lists that I make, the invul save, and hammers of wrath for strong assault phases with bonus attacks. (Order of Ruin here I come!) 

Forgeworld continues the very strong background of strong fluffy rules, while not going overboard. 

Magnus is the only thing I question; having 5 rolls on any table he wishes INCLUDING Sanctic Daemonology....it makes me question competitive events, I have not met one 30k player I would qualify as "abusive" to the rules, any real 40k fans of the novels fork over the cash and time to a Heresy army.....but in competetive events I would expect a person to take Magnus and his Sehkmet Rite and spam invisibility on him....combining that with his already innate bonuses and him being the only primarch capable of tanking a D str hit without being insta-removed....makes for an incredibly strong combatant without him meaning to be. 

Dont get me wrong; As with 40k, I LOVE my 30k version of Big-Red......but that is a concern in competitive events with Invisibility being all but a guarantee on Magnus when choosing all 5 lore rolls on Telepathy.  The rest of him feels about right as he is hard to pin down, very strong, semi-weak in melee (As weak as a PRIMARCH can be) but his shooting is bar none the best of any primarch in the game through Witchfires and his unique "super charge" psyker ability. 

I may have to do a 30k Sons Tactica thread to go along side my 40k Wrath of Magnus thread.................

Archived