Heresy Weekender News and Discussion

helterskelter

There's no caveat or anything that a roll of 6 is still always a hit against him or anything?

Hope this means changes to the psychic powers are coming soon. That was my concern for which way the Thousand Sons would swing on the power scale: the base psychic powers themselves are so wildly imbalanced that it seems ridiculously difficult to try to balance around them. You have some powers that essentially win you the game and other powers that practically do nothing.

But then you can just take a Sisters of Silence squad and turn the power off automatically :P

REALLY though, outside of playing it cutthroat or tourney environments, the average 30k player is unlikely to have this truly be an issue that comes up often.

Can Magnus even be shot if he has invisibility up?

Unless you used ITC/Houseruled invisibility, no, he cannot.

Ummmm unless 30k has different wording for invisibility that I missed you can still shoot at him, all shots are just snap shots. This does have the side effect of not allowing blasts and templates to target him, although he can still be hit by those if he is not the target.

The text: "Invisibility is a blessing that targets a single friendly unit within 24". Whilst the power is in effect, enemy

units can only fire Snap Shots at the target unit and in close combat will only hit models in it on To Hit
rolls of a 6."

And Magnus imposes an automatic -1 to all rolls to hit against him, so all Snap Shots automatically miss when he has Invisibility active.

All Snapshots are auto misses unless you can fire them at a BS other than 1

With invis up, 99% of shooting cannot hit him.

And Magnus imposes an automatic -1 to all rolls to hit against him, so all Snap Shots automatically miss when he has Invisibility active.

Welp guess I missed that............annnnddd yeah not seeing anything to negate that so, wow

Edit: in fact the BRB does the opposite of negate that: "When rolling To Hit, there is no such thing as an automatic hit and a roll of a 1 always misses."

Ah, that's true. What has BS >1 when firing Snap Shots? The only things that come to mind off the top of my head are Tau Markerlight shenanigans and the Custodes Boltcaster Swords.

Ah, that's true. What has BS >1 when firing Snap Shots? The only things that come to mind off the top of my head are Tau Markerlight shenanigans and the Custodes Boltcaster Swords.

I think there's a mechanicum warlord trait that gives bs2 snapfires but only for overwatch I think

Because the Cult Arcana rules ARE the Legion Tactics for the Thousand Sons, I wanted to share what I found on Facebook:

16406649_1880733268864306_71455729255805

I have a feeling that Pyrae and Raptora will be big takers in the 1k sons lists that I make, the invul save, and hammers of wrath for strong assault phases with bonus attacks. (Order of Ruin here I come!) 

I agree, those will IMHO absolutely be the go-tos, of course depending on the units.  The only other one I'd consider is the Corvidae, with Precognitive Strike (i.e. re-roll 1s To Hit if no move), on just the Ammitara Occult Intercession Cabal i.e. 1k Sons Super Scouts, because I can infiltrate, then snipe away, but this is a minor one compared to the aforementioned 2 Cult Arcana.  It's just how the Raptora (i.e. +1 to Invul a.k.a. proto-Mark of Tzeentch) makes a lot of sense with Cataphractii TDA, which brings us to...

The 3+ Invulnerable Red Army.  I think from a list-building perspective this will be why ppl will choose 1k Sons.  The Guard of the Crimson King RoW to make Sekhmet Terminators Troops, then maybe get other Cataphractii if you like, but mostly importantly they all choose the Raptora Cult Arcana.  They even have the option to Deep Strike.  They're basically a better version of Pride of the Legion + Orbital Strike RoWs in one, then they get proto-Mark of Tzeentch.  I'm not sure of everyone's opinion, but this really seems probably the all-TDA list people wanted (if you wanted to go all TDA, which I know has its own problems, but THIS seems the very best option to).

From a fluff perspective, I'd be very interested in a Loyalist 1k Sons pre-Blood Ravens (which I mentioned in the Age of Darkness forums or somewhere before) and I would the Corvidae Cult Arcana purely for fluff reasons (because I was advised well by our Fraters that Magnus had sent away the Corvidae before the Burning of Prospero).

But it's that 3+ Invulnerable Red Army that looks really hot right now.

Can we please stop the *Ridiculous* discussion regarding Magnus and Invisibility?    Its obviously an oversight by Forgeworld, and the minute they get wind of it, it shall be FAQ'ed like the other broken things within the 30k universe. 

Generally their track record regarding balance has been pretty good, mistakes they make they usually fix....this will be no different.

That being said; Anyone who tried this against me would hear laughter so loud their ear-drums would burst, then id proceed to pack up because that person committed the gravest sin; wasting everyone's time.

Their track record regarding balance has definitely not been great. It took an entire second edition to make Assault Marines viable and Destroyers are still over priced. But to echo the above, it won't come up in friendly games.

I'm most curious about the Adeptus Titanicus game. I really want to see models, prices, and projected release. I may skip over 1ksons entirely for it.

Does anyone know if the custodes non-transport tanks keep the "can only be taken if there is a custodes infantry unit in the army" rule? I want to make a sisters army with no custodes, but their only vehicle support would otherwise be just a transport unless they can jack the custodes tank.

No rules for Bjorn nor Gunnar Gunnhilt? Curious, I was expecting them. Ahriman and Amon get rules though. 

Thats because neither of them were a "big deal" at the time of Prospero... Yet oddly Geigor and Red-Knife who nobody has heard of (except geigor from BoP) are somehow big deals...

Odd that, why not Ogval, Otho Wyrdmake, Aeska Brokenlip, Bulveye??

Fw does what FW does, they have a reason behind it.

Archived