Heresy Weekender News and Discussion

helterskelter

There is no cost justification for something that cannot be killed without the express presence of SoS.

The whole idea of Magnus and his sorcerous sons is that they're almost untouchable without anti-psyker support

With anti-psyker support, they're highly vulnerable.

That is a horrible design philosophy for a model game.

For take-all-comers pick-up play, I agree with you.

For a negotiated/curated experience driven by narrative and the collector's impulse, i.e. what GW wants its games to be, it's fine.

You can still roll it though, unless I missed a FAQ.

Lorgar was updated in book 5 / new red book - as well as in the current faq.

He only has access to Divination, Telekinesis, and Malific: and he can only select powers if he sticks to Divination and/or Telekinesis.

Point is Magnus is very overpowered compared to everything in the 30k meta. I don't get the massive delay with Inferno especially now that the rules don't seem well thought out...

If I want power leaps like this I'll stick to broken 40k combos.

You can still lock magnus up though, sure the second most powerful psker in the imperium at that time is powerful on tabletop. People are still going to throw a leviathan at him.

His army is still squishable.

Games will still be winnable.

I can see why FW had a hard time with these armies but now we have another dynamic to play to. It will be fun

Levi? He can D away vehicles...

People are so obsessed with slaming the wolves as OP they are missing the obviously busted crap in the 1kson army. Like I4 powerfist castallex with full invuln saves.

Yeah kinda annoyed with FW only real way of dealing with Thousand sons psychic shenanigans is take sisters of silence but that's bull as not every force is loyalist or can take allies (ROWs etc) and feels exactly like typical GW power creep

The only thing OP about the wolves is being in base to base with russ. Getting most rites of war closed off for them really sucks 

Well, it's technically just Pride of the Legion, Primarch's Chosen, Armoured Breakthrough... I think Chosen Duty... Legion Recon... Drop Assault Vanguard...... Can't do Fury of the Ancients because no Primus Medicae... uhh.... hm.

...Crap. That is actually kind of disgusting now that I tick down the generic rites.

The only thing OP about the wolves is being in base to base with russ. Getting most rites of war closed off for them really sucks

Well, it's technically just Pride of the Legion, Primarch's Chosen, Armoured Breakthrough... I think Chosen Duty... Legion Recon... Drop Assault Vanguard...... Can't do Fury of the Ancients because no Primus Medicae... uhh.... hm.

...Crap. That is actually kind of disgusting now that I tick down the generic rites.

That depends how that whole thing is ruled anyway, they might still be fine (some of them anyway).

Why couldnt you play drop assault vanguard and those type of rites? I realize the wolves make assault marines "legion support squads" but it says in the rites like recon company (in which recon marines would otherwise be non compulsory) that they become so(that being compulsory). I dont see why that changes for the wolves, unless im missing something. It should be so long as you take a rite that makes them compulsory you can take them as such.

Why couldnt you play drop assault vanguard and those type of rites? I realize the wolves make assault marines "legion support squads" but it says in the rites like recon company (in which recon marines would otherwise be non compulsory) that they become so(that being compulsory). I dont see why that changes for the wolves, unless im missing something. It should be so long as you take a rite that makes them compulsory you can take them as such.

Grey Slayers must be your Compulsory Troops in a Space Wolves list. The restriction on those Rites is that you must take X unit as your Compulsory Troops. Do you see the confliction? I did talk to Alan Bligh on this one, although the response wasn't a straight yes or no. He said that due to their rules, some Rites are indeed restricted to the Wolves. So, kinda rough.

Grey Slayers must be your Compulsory Troops in a Space Wolves list. The restriction on those Rites is that you must take X unit as your Compulsory Troops. Do you see the confliction? I did talk to Alan Bligh on this one, although the response wasn't a straight yes or no. He said that due to their rules, some Rites are indeed restricted to the Wolves. So, kinda rough.

If thats the way it is written then that is extremely lame and limiting. I wonder why they would set the wolves up like that? Oh well, looks like house rules will be on the way for my group.

Not moaning or anything but I just find it a bit odd literally the entire thousand sons range had their models shown (apart from a couple) whilst the wolves only got the dread. I'm not a wolves player but slightly disappointed as I was wanting to see FWs take on the wolves especially GW fi overboard on the wolfyness. Also how come they didn't do the full reveal of what Magnus looks like I get they are trying to build hype but they have finished him I thought the whole point of weekender was to show off all the stuff they completed not hide most of it for later date

If thats the way it is written then that is extremely lame and limiting. I wonder why they would set the wolves up like that? Oh well, looks like house rules will be on the way for my group.

I think because they are not meant to organize like other Legions.

Not moaning or anything but I just find it a bit odd literally the entire thousand sons range had their models shown (apart from a couple) whilst the wolves only got the dread. I'm not a wolves player but slightly disappointed as I was wanting to see FWs take on the wolves especially GW fi overboard on the wolfyness. Also how come they didn't do the full reveal of what Magnus looks like I get they are trying to build hype but they have finished him I thought the whole point of weekender was to show off all the stuff they completed not hide most of it for later date

From speaking to the team, apparently the plan was to unveil the full Magnus this weekend, but the Leak of Guilliman changed that. Since GW had to rush to show off Guilliman 40k, they opted to not steal that thunder by having two competing Primarch reveals the same weekend. 

From speaking to the team, apparently the plan was to unveil the full Magnus this weekend, but the Leak of Guilliman changed that. Since GW had to rush to show off Guilliman 40k, they opted to not steal that thunder by having two competing Primarch reveals the same weekend. 

Wow, that :cussing SUCKS. Rob would have come on his own in a few weeks time (and nothing would have been lost), that is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally :cussty. 

**with as little sarcasm as possible** Did they say why none of the wolf stuff was available or give a timeline for release?

Can only one unit be compulsary?

If a RoW says a unit must be compulsary, cant gray slyers plus x y or z be compilsry together?

Thus allowing access to other RoWs

Unfortunately compulsory is the first 2 troops choices. Which you can't fill twice, its really quite unfortunate as a AB Wolves list would have been extremely cool army.

Wow I really don't know what to say, quite a cop out from FW but we can't have them stealing GW thunder can we

This really is annoying why couldn't the stupid leakers just wait another few days till after weekender

**with as little sarcasm as possible** Did they say why none of the wolf stuff was available or give a timeline for release?

No timeline but someone (I can't remember who, sorry!) in the N&R said the Grey Slayers are done in CAD and the others are in progress.

In my opinion, of the armies released, Custodes required the most original work and TS were 2nd behind them. If any army needed work the least, it was Wolves. They have an extensive range of 40K parts which work perfectly well with the Heresy range and there are plenty of FW kits to kit bash with. Wolves were just lower priority, unfortunately.

Archived