+++ Talon's Reach - An Armory Building Event +++

Race Bannon

Great stuff Guys!!

welcome to the challenge itvyper

@ Race...they should be Red Missiles bud :yes:  excellent work though.

first coat of green is on my 2 speeder guys, more tonight. i just realised all you Raven guys are lucky...black on black undercoat gives you such a head start (shakes fist at you all :biggrin.: )

cheers Mithril

Heh, missile color was a big deal to me when I started my Raven Guard. I decided on green because that's the green I used on my Raptors.

Interestingly enough, I looked over my painted collection and found there is not a lot of red ^_^

I duz_ have completed my vow of 1 Land Speeder for the Raven Guard Chapter!

gallery_87434_12256_360835.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_311262.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_539450.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_42325.jpg

Original Post:

I, duz_, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete 1 Land Speeder by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

gallery_87434_12256_265401.jpg

This event is actually perfect timing for me to get all my vehicles ready for the up coming tournament season! However I am with others when they say their infantry is lagging and I certainly have plenty of those to complete too!.

While I'm on a roll...

I, duz_, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete 2 Storm Talons by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.
gallery_87434_12256_503898.jpg

Duz, you make my speeders look awful now....

However, I have finished my last two vehicles for my second vow, I'll get the pic tomorrow, seeing as it's night now, and the light is awful.

Vows updated!

This week is THE week for completions and we still have another day left (depending on what calendar you use ;) ).

duz_ and Damo1701 are tied for most completions so far.  But there can be only one! :lol:  Not really, this is for fun so the mst you can squeeze out, the better for you and the Chapter :tu:  But seriously, there can be only one.

(:no:)

(:yes:)

(:no:)

There is still time for first completions to get in before the month ends so get brush to paint to gear!

OK so to start I'm not a buy a kit and sit on it for a while type so mine will be short and sweet.

I Leinadyor vowed this morning to assemble and paint 1 venerable dread for my Raven Guard.

I got it last weekend with a death watch getting started box, the total price is really good.

4am still on sprue

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh34/leinadyor/Raven%20Guard/dreadnought%20sprue_zpstpibnnep.jpg

6am assembled and converted with new fingers and a multi melta

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh34/leinadyor/Raven%20Guard/dreadnought%20before_zpslvheasz2.jpg

9am ready for pictures

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh34/leinadyor/Raven%20Guard/dreadnought%20after_zpskh9nsir5.jpg

Leinad

Land speeder typhoon done,

(i'm going with the idea of that guy from the last months white Dwarf (James Littler?) where he did his army to tabletop and then wen't back and added detail over time when he could,it makes getting your army basically done quicker whilst not skimping on quality)

so its done to a very basic lvl -

med_gallery_9146_7882_429735.jpg

cheers, Mithril

++ EDIT ++ Next vow will be either a Land Speeder Storm or Drop Pod, will update when confirmed.

Final Razorback done now...  That's it!  I literally have no more Ravenguard models to add to an armoury challenge.

For those who are curious, the turret is made from:

1) 32mmx3mm MDF base
2) Stormraven front landing gear leg
3) Stormtalon assault cannons
4) Leman Russ sponson top and bottom
5) Misc tiny bits to add to the effect

LMAO.

Unfortunately, I've exhausted my funds.

Ideas to expand my Ravens - 3 predator Annihilators - some decent anti-armour punch there, though expensive, 4 razorbacks, for tactical squads, 3 drop pods, 1 for Sternguard when not in a Raven, and 2 for the Contemptors, again, when not in a Raven.

However, I have a feeling the event will be over before I get the opportunity to get any of them.

Vow #2 1st update....

So after completing my first vow on Saturday afternoon/ evening, I took Sunday off to go paintballing. After work yesterday I sat down to start working on my Dreadnought for my 2nd Vow.

I thought would take a break for a little bit and come back to it the next day (today) but with it raining here I went back to work on it.

More pics in my Raptors WIP log

I'm experiencing mild fear with this, as I've read so many people's experiences with this kit. Nevertheless:

I, NiceGuyAdi, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete a Drop Pod by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

63Sqd_1_DropPod_OnSprue.jpg?raw=1

Great Work here guys, nice to see our forum being productive!!

@NiceGuyAdi... don't believe the fear hype, you'll do fine :wink:

Update time - base coats are on, ink wash tonight then touch ups and perhaps some plasticard and painted symbols on those doors(right where i have blu-tac stuck on em) ...and some atmosphere re-entry weathering :biggrin.:

med_gallery_9146_7882_373076.jpg

cheers,Mithril

First up, my land speeder. I decided to make all my land speeders of the Typhoon variety, as I like having the ability to outrange things that scare them. I also decided that the missile launcher housings would be painted in the color of the company they are assigned to, in this case the 3rd. 

IMG 20170301 011001

Next up, my Contemptor. 

I saw the pattern running over the front of it and thought it would look cool picked out in white, which I don't recall seeing anyone do before. I'm going to take my time on this one, as it will be the centerpiece of my army. I have plans to have him casually stepping on a dead Chaos marine on his base, but I don't know how well that's going to turn out.

And, yes, that is a real rock on the base. Which I now have to paint to look like a.....rock. Didn't think that through very well. 

IMG 20170301 010654

I have a Stormraven mostly built and primed that is stalled while I try to decide between lascannons or assault cannons on the turret. I might say screw it and get a whole second turret to swap out as the whim strikes.

Archived