+++ Talon's Reach - An Armory Building Event +++

Race Bannon

Corvus Blackstar heading for basecoat. If it had to be done again i'd leave the top =I= bit instead of cutting it, ended up reconstructing most of it with platicard.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/MinkGoblin/IMG_0081_zpsaspyiblh.jpg

Bonus

Front View with the two entries for the RaceBannon-off competition later

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/MinkGoblin/IMG_0080_zpsqp2r3mqq.jpg

@Shrieker.... Waaay Cool :wub:

i like the effect of the tops showing they pop up fire then pop back down flush with the fuselage ..... That is Pure WIN !!! :cool.:

cheers Mithril

ps i like your race bannon's too 

@Shrieker.... Waaay Cool :wub:

i like the effect of the tops showing they pop up fire then pop back down flush with the fuselage ..... That is Pure WIN !!! :cool.:

cheers Mithril

ps i like your race bannon's too

I didn't even notice the tops at first.

I retract my previous statement.

Finally managed to go to the store for basecoating the blackstar, as the weather is too bad to just do it outdoors. This took so long, I've already finished the first of the two shown rhinos. Guess it's time to make a vow for them, even as the current vow isn't completed yet. At current speed, that one should be done by next week, half of the wet blending is already done.

I, MajorNese, for the Raptors, vow to complete two rhinos by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

aimg_2914uiuia.jpg

aimg_2915fnusw.jpgaimg_2921h1up3.jpg

Vows updated!

Oh, and mine is complete :happy.: More details can be found HERE.

gallery_6494_11942_67361.jpg

Btw,
I, Race Bannon, for the Raven Guard Chapter, vow to complete one Rhino by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_54354.jpg

This one will be close. Reeeeal close.

Sorry in advance if I'm impeding here but I've been lurking this thread for the past some days and yalls models have pretty much convinced me to focus my dedication with this hobby into the Raven Guard (I've been going back in forth trying to decide on a Chapter for some months now). Pretty awesome models I've seen here from everyone and can't wait to see more. Spent quite a few hours doing research on the Raven Guard today and I'm asking myself why I never gave them the time of day till now to get more in depth with their lore.  

Welcome to the Ravenspire!

It's great to read about your inspiration from this event ^_^ If you're willing, there's three weeks left to participate :tu:

If it helps, I've eyed the Raven Guard since 2004 and only just got into them seriously last year. Other than a hiatus from the game, I was spooked by the Black! So when I came back it was as a fresh start, so to speak.

Anyways, keep looking around and enjoy a great Chapter!

Sorry in advance if I'm impeding here but I've been lurking this thread for the past some days and yalls models have pretty much convinced me to focus my dedication with this hobby into the Raven Guard (I've been going back in forth trying to decide on a Chapter for some months now). Pretty awesome models I've seen here from everyone and can't wait to see more. Spent quite a few hours doing research on the Raven Guard today and I'm asking myself why I never gave them the time of day till now to get more in depth with their lore.

We expect to see a sitrep and WiP thread of yours shortly! :) ;)

As well as obligatory vow. ;)

Got about 20 Marines sitting in some CLR to strip the previous Chapter I almost decided on (Salamanders) paint off to start anew, and some more but I'm kinda fond of the paint jobs I did on them so for now they'll be left alone. Currently I don't have any vehicles, but a trip to my local gaming store in the afternoon tomorrow is going to change that... Expect my vow tomorrow. :thumbsup:

My hobby goal with 40k has been to collect a full Space Marine Company... just never knew who would get the honor till stumbling upon this thread.

Got about 20 Marines sitting in some CLR to strip the previous Chapter I almost decided on (Salamanders) paint off to start anew, and some more but I'm kinda fond of the paint jobs I did on them so for now they'll be left alone. Currently I don't have any vehicles, but a trip to my local gaming store in the afternoon tomorrow is going to change that... Expect my vow tomorrow. :tu:

My hobby goal with 40k has been to collect a full Space Marine Company... just never knew who would get the honor till stumbling upon this thread.

Raven Guard 3rd Company :)

Couple reasons.

1) Red and black look awesome together

2) Only Company that currently lacks a Captain in the fluff, so you can make up your own (like I did)

3) Also one of a couple companies that has a non Forge World character with his own rules.

I considered the 4th Company because green is my favorite color, but the 3rd won out. Or you can say screw colors and do the 5th.

First one was:

I, MajorNese, for the Raptors, vow to complete a Corvus Blackstar and two Land Speeder Tornados by April 1st, 2017.

Second one was:

I, MajorNese, for the Raptors, vow to complete two rhinos by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

Both done. The internet provider didn't provide internet this weekend, so things got done. Before the ordinatus arrives, I guess I can fit another one or two vehicles. Not many more left to build though.

I, MajorNese, for the Raptors, vow to complete a LandSpeeder Storm by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

aimg_2922ltlnc.jpg

First one was:

I, MajorNese, for the Raptors, vow to complete a Corvus Blackstar and two Land Speeder Tornados by April 1st, 2017.

Second one was:

Both done. The internet provider didn't provide internet this weekend, so things got done. Before the ordinatus arrives, I guess I can fit another one or two vehicles. Not many more left to build though.

I, MajorNese, for the Raptors, vow to complete a LandSpeeder Storm by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

aimg_2922ltlnc.jpg

<3

Moar corvus pics!

Corvus Blackstar oh wow yes! (What were you planning on counting that as again)?

Welcome Bedouin2 and good on yer for jumping in here. Good on Race too for starting this thread up to hook in more Raven Guard (and successors) aficionados.

Only three weeks left? I better get a move on!

Corvus Blackstar oh wow yes! (What were you planning on counting that as again)?

Counts as Stormraven. The only good looking conversion based on the stormbrick raven is a storm eagle IMO, so I'm using the stealthy looking corvus instead. Nose mounted typhoon, turret mounted lascannons, just those two switched places on my model because it fits the model a lot better this way. Tempest speeders count as stormblobs talons (missiles and assault cannon, fits directly), so the entire flyer group can be fielded as a Storm Wing formation.

Archived