+++ Talon's Reach - An Armory Building Event +++

Race Bannon

Yeah, I'm still trying to decide whether to do assault cannons or lascannons in the turret, and whether I want hurricane bolters or not.

The turret isn't blued yet. Just have the assault cannons there so I don't lose them.

2/3 of my vow done.

aimg_2904f5lib.jpg

With painted interior, but yeah, I forgot bringing the other head to basecoating. Soon...

aimg_2905e4b2l.jpg

Next up will the the last flyer, a corvus blackstar count-as stormraven.

As a side question, how long will this event go? I've got another two rhinos on the table, but might have to delay them due to ordinatus reasons. And what will be the next, characters or squads or what? Hope it's squads, would definitely help my army project. :biggrin.:

THE JUDGE HAS DECREED!

Realityburn can substitute the Land Speeder vowed for the Storm Raven.

Seriously, this event is for fun and getting your Chapter ready for the table.  So, if an accident happened and the model was lost, then it's all good with me.  :tu:  I'll update the OP tomorrow though because ... computer.

^_^

THE JUDGE HAS DECREED!

Realityburn can substitute the Land Speeder vowed for the Storm Raven.

Seriously, this event is for fun and getting your Chapter ready for the table.  So, if an accident happened and the model was lost, then it's all good with me.  :thumbsup:  I'll update the OP tomorrow though because ... computer.

:happy.:

HOOORAY

Vows updated!

SO ... one.  Month.  Left.

Damo1701 has pretty much smoked everyone for this event unless anyone else pretty much doesn't sleep or eat while having glue, paint, and brushes attached to a servo harness and taking pics while posting them all at the same time.  :lol:

Seriously well done dude :tu:

For the rest of us, do not stop!  Even if you have 1 vow completed, that is a victory for the Chapter!  I'll have more to say about this at the end of the event.

For those of us without a "before" pic, it may be too late to post them.  So, at the very least, please have a completed pic.  Although not in the rules, proof is in the pudding ;)

Keep painting Brothers!

I should have my 2nd Talon done this weekend. Despite my best efforts last weekend I couldn't get everything I wanted done. I only have to finish the cockpit and wahsing the recesses though.

I have a minor detour after that. I've been called out for a painting challenge at my local store. So will need to do my Chaplain. After that however will be my 2 drop pods...

decals, lack of :censored: decals in the box has :censored: me off. I need 4 assualt markings per land speeder and GW in their infinite wisdom gave me 1 a box....:down:

I have a local friend hooking me up with some. It's just the annoying factor. Both pilots are done tho. Hoping to get cracking on the gunners and typhoons themselves today or tomorrow. I'll get pics tonight for sure. Plus I was binge watching HIMYM on Netflix while painting and season 9 kind killed the painting mood. I'll start another series I've seen before to get my painting mojo back :)

Don't say that, the modern series is soooo good. How do you not just put it on the TV and watch/listen if only for the sole reason of Bear McCreary's soundtrack is simply amazing. He's the sole reason I gave Walking Dead and Black Sails a shot to begin with, because of how much I loved the BSG soundtrack.

Vows updated!

SO ... one.  Month.  Left.

Damo1701 has pretty much smoked everyone for this event unless anyone else pretty much doesn't sleep or eat while having glue, paint, and brushes attached to a servo harness and taking pics while posting them all at the same time.  :laugh.:

Seriously well done dude :thumbsup:

For the rest of us, do not stop!  Even if you have 1 vow completed, that is a victory for the Chapter!  I'll have more to say about this at the end of the event.

For those of us without a "before" pic, it may be too late to post them.  So, at the very least, please have a completed pic.  Although not in the rules, proof is in the pudding :wink:

Keep painting Brothers!

Thanks.  Wasn't my intention to steam ahead like that.

Had I had the vehicles in sets, the result would probably be different.  The fact that I had dribs and drabs, and kept having to decide to repurpose other vehicles kind of helped.

As it happens, if we do another one of these for infantry, I probably will only get a single vow completed, mainly due to the fact I find infantry really dull.  I have 5 bolter scouts, and a butt-load of MKIV marines to paint, plus adding the fancy new RG transfers, FW combi-weapons, and so on.

Ah well, we'll see.  I'm still trying to paint 5 Imperial Fist Tactical marines to replace some of the MKIV I'm switching from them to the RG.

Archived