+++ Talon's Reach - An Armory Building Event +++

Race Bannon

Finished!

Was still at home sick today but pushed myself to be semi productive and get at least one of my drop pods done.

Unfortunately there's no hope of me completing the second in time. 3 colour minimum maybe well see how I go.

gallery_87434_12256_268820.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_232389.jpg

Just awesome man just down right awesome

Finished!

Was still at home sick today but pushed myself to be semi productive and get at least one of my drop pods done.

Unfortunately there's no hope of me completing the second in time. 3 colour minimum maybe well see how I go.

gallery_87434_12256_268820.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_232389.jpg

get feeling batter man great work

Well, as is per the normal with anything involving a timeline and this game, I of course waited until the last minute. My lady made plans for the weekend, which meant crunch time to finish my LSS tonight. I also assembled two drop pods, got them primed and based, but I just didn't have it in me to finish those tonight unfortunately.

I intend to post a seperate thread early next week soliciting feedback on my work, because frankly I am not happy with this at all. Its been over 10 years since I have picked up a brush (roughly) and this was my first time using my airbrush (to prime and basecoat), also a first time using etched brass (The Chapter symbols turned out great, the "scroll/badge" on the hood went terribly though). Also, this is my first time using a palette and thinning my paints. Everything in my younger life was straight from the pot. Towards the end of this I got pretty sloppy.

I also wanted to try a chipped/scraped effect on the paint to accentuate damage/wear & tear. Oh well, all in all, at least I can say its done (I still want to slip a few transfers on, and I cant decide how I want to magnetize the driver/gunner yet so I can hot swap weapons, so its not 100%). Aynway, here's the pic:

gallery_16835_12912_677323.jpg

On another note, I didn't originally intend to black out the canopies.

I was going to tint them, but I did it after I had already glued everything in place and didn't realize you were supposed to do it from the inside. So I ended up having brush strokes everywhere and decided to just black it out instead.

The red on the hover engine housings is to indicate that it is assigned to the 3rd Company.

I, Valaas, for the glory of the Raven Guard 4th Company and the Ravenspire, vow to complete a Raven Guard Contemptor and Landspeeder Storm by 11.59pm on April the 15, 2017.

Depending on how I get on and how my Tale of Many Gamers painting challenge is going, i'll maybe manage a second vow later!.

Cheers,

Valaas

Like my Shadow Strike Kill Team....'On Time.....On Target' (just :wink: )

Vow complete.....

Contemptor:

IMG 20170406 010025

Scout Team 7 - Landspeeder Storm:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/Valaas/Raven%20Guard%204th/IMG_20170415_235219_zpsnksqhh32.jpg

Apologies for the poor photo, unexpectedly I had to make a 120+ mile trip south today, as my Father was admitted to hospital with pneumonia! Currently house/dog sitting for him. But it does mean my photo booth and the completed passengers (Scout Team 7) for the Landspeeder are currently back at the LZ in Aberdeen. I'll post some proper pics with the crew in my 4th Company PLOG later next week when I get back home.

Cheers,

Valaas

I hope your dad recovers well Valaas.

And that's it. Talon's Reach has ended! If you've completed a vow after this post, please do show pics, yet they will not be officially counted :(

Thank you to everyone who showed interest and participated ^_^

Being a family holiday on my end means I may not get to do much other than this post. I do have some stealth skills with my old age :lol:

Ok gang, so ... what an event!

Let's throw numbers around:

20 participants

39 vows

32 completions for an 82% completion rate!

12 participants completed what they promised for a 60% rate.

(Check my numbers, I don't want to leave anyone out or insult anyone for their efforts)

Technically, with ShinyRhino's vow completion promise above, the numbers are a wee bit better.  Without proof, then the numbers here are what they are.

As you all know, Damo1701 really bust a move on painting!  With the help from NiceGuyAdi, your badge of honor is available in post 1.  Wear it with pride Brother ^_^

No shame for anyone to not finish.  Life has a funny way of getting in the way and just wanting to participate means a lot to me ... uh ... Corax!

I think Talon's Reach was a great success and our armories have expanded for the efforts :tu:  Again, the thread will stay open for anyone wanting to keep posting their finished work as promised.

And now for something completely different ...

Archived