+++ Talon's Reach - An Armory Building Event +++

Race Bannon

Liking that orange!

Which one are you using? My experience with using it was horrible! I'd rather paint pure white! Ha

The base was Ulthuan Grey(it so looks like white :laugh.: ) and then i have an old foundation pot of Macharius Solar orange (not sure what the new Equivalent is???) that i used as the orange base, i then will highlight it with trollslayer orange from the new line of paints.

@ShinyRhino- use the B&C gallery, i never have a problem with that one.

cheers,Mithril

++EDIT++ Looked up the table for old to new paints and it seems Jokaero orange replaced my Macharius solar orange as a base colour, looks like it's a trip to the GW shop this week to replace the old nearly empty pot :sweat:

Ugh Jokaero! Good luck with it.

Lahmian medium is your friend.

Lemme know if you find a trick to using it.

:eek: Now you got me worried, i'm doing 2 x StormTalons a StormHawk(conversion/counts as) and a few more speeders in the 6th Co colours so that Jokaero better be nice to me...

thanks for the luv on the OJ Race :thumbsup:

Question - i have a dark angels Nephlim that i have NEVER used, so i'm converting it to my Raptors chapter (re-painting and hoping to change weapons slightly) into a StormHawk...whats the best load out for a StormHawk?...

old nephlim -

med_gallery_9146_7882_60917.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Oh yeah, the Nephilim is a very sexy model.  It's pricy, relatively speaking.  It's a bit big for my tastes, but I may get over that is I can make the nose weapon more like what the Shawk can use.  If you have the model(s), then go for it :tu:

Having said that, I've been convinced the Skyhammer is the most cost-effective upgrade.  I'm leaning a bit to the Icarus gun over the Las-talon.  Since that is a free upgrade, then why not magnetize the nose gun ^_^

I duz_ have completed my vow of 2 Rhinos for the Raven Guard Chapter!

gallery_87434_12256_357990.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_321313.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_30902.jpg

(My first RG Rhino I painted is in the background for good measure :wink: Do I get bonus points for first blood? :cool.: )

Original post:

I, duz_, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete 2 Rhinos by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

gallery_87434_12256_26823.jpg

(Edit: Added before pics)

For my next vox:

I, duz_, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete 1 Land Speeder by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

gallery_87434_12256_265401.jpg

This event is actually perfect timing for me to get all my vehicles ready for the up coming tournament season! However I am with others when they say their infantry is lagging and I certainly have plenty of those to complete too!.

Congrats Duz!

I am showing great willpower to only start on my vows within my Tale of Many Gamers Schedule..... Contemptor planned for February and Landspeeder Storm for March.

Though I'm weakening......the Contemptor is calling!

Cheers,

Valaas

Question duz_ was that freehand or stencil. Amazing either way man. Congrats

Thanks! :)

The for the camo on the two rhinos I vowed, I used masking tape. It actually turned out better than my last experience! Just some minor touch up required. My first attempt was free hand and you can see the lines aren't as sharp.

The RG markings et al are "FW" upgrade kits.

Yay!

My Forge World order came in today. Including my Contemptor and most of the bits I need to finish the rest of my army.

My Land Speeder is probably 80% done now. I'll get some pics up in my WIP thread soon.

I've been busier modeling than I've been in a long time. It helps that my wife has had the fires of modeling and painting re-stoked as well, so it's something we can do together. I can't post pics of what she's working on though, as they are filthy xenos bugs. :whistling:

I, Damo1701, for the Ravenguard vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought (including Magnetising the ranged arms)  by 11:59 PM on April 15th, 2017.

I, Damo 1701, for the Ravenguard vow to complete a Stormraven  by 11:59 PM on April 15th, 2017.

I'll edit and upload pics.  Neither vehicle was started until yesterday anyway...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Damosmy/IMG_0910.jpg

Nice vows!  I am really looking forward to seeing the Sraven in RG colors here :thumbsup:

Contemptor Bannon.

Veteran Sergeant Bannon of the Vanguard Veterans of the Ravenguard fell in battle versus the vile Word Bearers after finding an enclave of them after Horus fell.  He and his squad destroyed the traitors, however, four brothers never returned.  Sergeant Bannon was critically injured, barely surviving the return to orbit, where the techmarines interred him in a damaged suit of Contemptor armour.

With Sergeant Bannon barely clinging to life while repairs were undertaken, the Ravenguard made all speed for Deliverance.  Upon arrival, Sergeant Bannon walked tall, amidst the remnants of his squad.  Never one for ornamentation, as it interfered with his stealthy approach, Sergeant Bannon requested his dreadnought armour be painted to echo his destroyed suit of power armour.  

Now, Sergeant Bannon enters battle equipped with either a Kheres Assault Cannon, or the tank busting Multimelta.  He carries a Power Fist in death, as he did in life.  Every time he wakes, he requests a Dreadnought Jump Pack, to which the techmarines have to disappoint him.  To settle this, Sergeant Bannon joins his brothers of the Sternguard in a Ravenhawk assault group.  Taking the fight to the enemy from the rear of a Stormraven.

This was the push I needed to get him finished, and named him after you Bannon, as I had been drawing blanks for a name since I bought him.

Is that a Vow completed?  Still working on the Raven.

:eek:

Dude!  I am honored ^_^  You should see the actual "Race Bannon" mini I have that started my whole thing.  Not RG, per se ... but will be :devil:

It's a completed vow, although try to pack in the models into one vow - that's the challenge :tu:

:eek:

Dude!  I am honored :happy.:  You should see the actual "Race Bannon" mini I have that started my whole thing.  Not RG, per se ... but will be :devil:

It's a completed vow, although try to pack in the models into one vow - that's the challenge :thumbsup:

Would love to see it.  Glad you like the fluff too :)

I don't have many vehicles that need painting for my RG unfortunately...  I already have a completed Stormraven, 2 Stormtalons, and another Contemptor.  Got a few Speeder Storms, will have a look as I get a chance.  I'll add to my vows as I look at what I can realistically do :)

When I update the OP I'll post Race here too.  He has a make-over coming to him, admittedly.

Regardless, this event is going well for the first of its kind as I know it.  We are sure to have a non-vehicle version because ... infantry.

Archived