Order of the Sanguine Shroud

micahwc

Got it. So I could run a detachment of sisters, and then run another detachment to augment with some ranged fire power.

Yep! And all Armies of the Imperium are Battle Brothers (but remember they can't start in each other's transports).

Still haven't got a confirmation or anything for the parts I ordered. My credit card got charged, but I haven't heard anything from the company yet. Hmm.

It really annoys me that the sisters can't start in the Aeronautica Imperialis Valkyries. I love the Valkyrie model and really want an excuse to paint one, or six.

I'll have to look into allying an Ordos Hereticus inquisitor and some Imperial Valkyrie support.

Got the codex. There are some pretty broken combos.

RAW you can take a death watch squad of five marines, replace all their close combat weapons with storm shields, and give four of them heavy weapons. For 4 missile launchers with flak missiles this costs 260 points. They reroll 1s on pen tests and to wound rolls whenever they want. Armor save of 3++

I have fielded my vindicare a few times. It's an extremely cheap way to take out warlords or dangerous vehicles without much retaliation. I only can field it under certain circumstances since it's REALLY strong against certain armies. I just try and keep things fun for people.

Parts came in today. I through together a quick mockup. I will de-Xenos all the parts on the final version and add a death company backpack.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Z8ST5

These are dark eldar scourge torsos, eldar legs (guardians I think), death company arms and bolters. This one has an old head from Mantic, I still need to order heads.

I'll want to add habits as well, but I have an idea for that.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Well the armour still looks too thin, but that's an issue with the real Sisters models. Overal it ALMOST looks like a Sister. The shape of the armour needs a lot of work if I were going to even consider playing it as a Sister myself. I think the hardest part will be getting the signature shape of the shoulder pads. Plus, the the winged I on the left shoulder, the fleur on the right shoulder, and the Chaplet :D

I'm interested to see what you do, though I'm not sure I could use models that don't look exactly like the GW ones (I even have some complaints about the Grishnak Sisters).

I spent a lot of time scraping mold lines and xenos markings. I have a few bags of parts left to do. I plan on final assembly after air brushing my base coat.

I'm considering sculpting shoulder pads

I'm about halfway done with removing all the stuff I don't want off the models. My daughter was home from school sick last Friday, so I stayed home with her. We watched Netflix all day and I just scraped xenos stuff off with an exacto blade most of the time. It's not particularly difficult, but it is time consuming. I could only do it for an hour or so at a time without a break for my hands. Miraculously I managed to not cut myself yet doing this.

I bought some Fimo for sculpting shoulder pads. The plan was to try a bunch of times to get a should pad I like, and then make a mold of it. This sounds good in my head until I actually tried to do it and I realized how small shoulder pads on a 28mm model are. I may have to buy some.

Test paint scheme.

http://imgur.com/bHNsel4

First thing I noticed was the mold lines I missed. They show up a lot more once painted.

Second thing I noticed is that I really need to prime these gals. This one was done with just a base coat.

I painted a burnt umber basecoat, in bleached titanium over that, and zenithal unbleached titanium with a drop of Vallejo white.

This was mostly a test to see if the colors I bought would work. Paint is kind of dusty suggesting it's partially drying between the nozzle and the figure, so I need to get some retarder for it. I'll probably try glycerin, which works with most major acrylics.

Any thoughts on the basic offwhite color for the armor?

• 1 month later...
I'll be running a small sisters detachment consisting of three squads of battle sisters with flamer and heavy flamer, 2 squads of DCA, 2 priests with evicerators, 5 immolators, and 3 exorcists.

I posted these pictures on Reddit and got some constructive advice. I'm sculpting shoulder pads right now out of miliput white, trying to get the right one with the fleur de lis, I'm pretty happy so far with my first attempt, once it dries a bit I will file it to smooth it out and shape it a little. If it's good then I'll make copies of it.

My assassin bits finally arrived. I'll start clipping today but I'll probably take the weekend off since I'll be out of town. Going to the family farm to play with the new kids (baby goats)  and shoot a bunch of stuff.

I got my assassins mostly assembled. I'm not sure if I like them or not. They are Dark Eldar Wyches with a power sword on the right arm and the Dark Eldar knife on the left. I'll post pics later. I plan on casting some heads tonight for my battle sisters. I'm also going to cast shoulder pads. I spent some time last night sanding a shoulder pad to make the details of the fleur de lis pop out more.

Archived