Order of the Sanguine Shroud

micahwc

I've decided to nix the sanguine shroud idea completely and go instead with an offshoot of the sacred rose. I'd like to branch out into astra militarum / tempestus scions, and probably start some blood angels again.

Vallejo spray primer is arriving in the mail today. I'm still not satisfied with my sister's paint. Gonna try it again. Right now they are too candy cane looking. I think the combination of a warm off white and red just looks like a barber pole. I think it may work better with a cool off white and red.

I do think my tank turned out okay. I primed with white, pre-shaded with dark brown, and then sprayed the off white color. The more I can use my airbrush the happier I am with my final results.

My new plan is to prime grey, pre-shade with a bluish grey, and then airbrush white over that. Hopefully this will tone down the candy look to them. Then I'll spray a clear coat, and shade with oil paint.

Painting these gals has been really frustrating. I know I used to be able to get good results and for whatever reason I am not right now. I just can't seem to figure it out.  

Did some shading with the airbrush. Got tired of fighting with it so I took a break for the night. Got 14 girls who look like this now. These are all the same girl from different angles to show the shading.

http://imgur.com/a/khsKZ

I love using the airbrush but I hate how temperamental it is. I spend more time cleaning it than I do spraying paint.

I'm gonna take a break from ordering new stuff probably until 8th drops; I did however order some turrets for my Immolators to install my multimelta and heavy flamers to. I have magnets so I can swap them out or make them rhinos. When I'm all done I'll have 5 rhino chassis, three turrets for multi melta and/or heavy flamers, and two "exorcist" whirlwind turrets.  

I played around with some instant mold and the scorpius turret. My first effort turned out better than I thought it would but not as good as I hoped. Learned stuff doing it though, so it will be better next time. The details turned out really well, it's just that my mold was too thin in a couple of areas and ripped, so my millaput leaked out and deformed in a couple of places.

I'm fairly certain the scorpius tanks I ordered are not genuine Forgeworld, but are instead recasts. I didn't know recasts even existed until after I ordered these so I don't feel too bad about it, but I kind of feel bad about it. Interestingly enough, the turret for the scorpius fits the standard turret hole on the standard rhino/razorback/predator top. I think I'm going to stop with what I have and start some blood angels and astra militarum. I'll do a combined Baal Defense Force for 8th with all my favorite units.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm redoing the arms in my sisters after some reddit feedback.

My favorite was, "damn girl, you lift?".

The marine arms are too large. They will be replaced with sister of silence arms with bolters/flamers.

The sisters of silence will have swords.

My imperial witch hunter crusade force will consist of an inquisitor with alcolyte retinue, 3 5 gal battle sister squads, 3 sisters of silence squads, 3 rhinos, 2 exorcists, 10 death cult assassins, and two platoons of supporting astra

Militarum.

I think it's actually a fluffy list. An inquisitor tracking down rogue psykers with Sisters of battle and sisters of silence; commandeering some infantry to assist.

I got 5 tanks mostly built today. 3 immolators with immolation flamers and 2 exorcists. I'll have a taurox prime as well after it arrives. I think six vehicles will do well at drawing firepower.

Archived