Gathering Storm

G_R_H

Posted · Hidden by Prot, April 20, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Prot, April 20, 2017 - No reason given

One last question for you then, Mr. Heritor: why are you the last post in so many topics in the Black Library section of this forum? Is it because you're trying to keep the conversation going? Are you trying to establish yourself as the authority on Warhammer novels? Do you love the setting so much you feel an urge to join every conversation about it? Or are you just a tough scrapper who always needs to get the last word in? Inquiring minds want to know!

Seriously though *checks page two of the forum* dang *page 3* double dang *page 4, page 5 * This is getting wierd, man.

Posted · Hidden by Prot, April 20, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Prot, April 20, 2017 - No reason given
Though I'd like to hear that as well, I fear that we're heading off topic to much. ^^"

Guys that's enough. Way off topic and if you want to personally criticize each other take it to PM's... please.

Oh. *balloon pops, stops what I'm doing and has a short think*

Damn, you're right.

Heritor, I'd like to apologize for my part in that. I've no excuses, only explanations. I think I got frustrated in our debates, and instead of continuing to argue with you I started to criticize you over them. In doing so I let my feelings get the better of me, and in hindsight I realize that was wrong of me. I'm sorry for that, and hope you can forgive me. *deep breath*

Alright, sorry for the interruption. I promise I won't let it happen again. Once again, deep apologies. Thank you.

How are their voices? Did they get good voices for Greyfax and Yvraine?

Also, on an unrelated topic: HeritorA, why do you not have an avatar for your profile? You post so often, I thought by now you would find something for others to identify you by.

Greyfax bad, Yvraine probably good. Dont like both actually, but Yvraines less.

As for the avatar - I use Ultra HD render of Alpharius, but can't add it here, so no avatar for me.

Guys that's enough. Way off topic and if you want to personally criticize each other take it to PM's... please.

Prot - it wasn't critic. We were sarcastic to one another. Too grumpy grandpas.

Well, if that's how you feel, then in the spirit of sarcasm (may it never fade): *deep breath* Gee, Heritor, you know I really do feel sorry for you. I can't imagine what it must be like having to read book after book, day in and day out. Truly, with so many being sub-par, it must be torturous forcing yourself to turn page after eye-twitching page, all for us, so that the innocent masses can know beforehand where to tread in this endless swamp of literature. Truly we are indebted to you, and for the many dollars you have saved us from spending frivolously, I thank you. :P

Now on to topic, quick question, feel free to spoil me: What exactly was Magnus' deal in the third Gathering Storm book? I mean, we all know Why he went after the Space Wolves, that's been building up for years (or millennia), but what was his motivation for going after Robo-Tay? I don't remember him having any specific beef with the Ultramarines? Did Abaddon put him up to it? Was he following some Master Plan? What was that, Magny-man, not cool. Not cool at all.

I don't quite understand Magnus' involvement either. Was his motivation the challenge of it? Was there some possible future that he could see that meant he had to kill Guilliman?

I really like how they had Magnus kind of toying with Guilliman's fleet, pushing it in certain directions until it was whittled down and the Red Corsair touch was nice. The fleet Magnus has created and amassed is impressive. The Tizca replica super ships, all of it started to make me think they are trying to make Magnus the anti Guilliman, but I can't see it. There has to be more to it.

Magnus just doesn't typically care that much about being anti Imperium, but on the other hand who could act as the anti Guilliman? It can't be Abe. Mortarion isn't in the storyline yet. I think it goes without saying this is building to a massive story mechanism that has significant changes to Abaddon...,. Maybe even his death? It wouldn't be the first time chaos existed only to make the Imperium look good.

Still with the end of that story I don't believe Magnus is truly trapped by Ynarri. But I still don't know what future role Magnus would have in all of this now.

Perhaps they simply used Magnus because he was the only Daemon Primarch they had a model and rules for. Unimaginative, but practical. Also good excuse to get the Sisters of Silence in on the action.

And everyone knows the Real Anti-Guilliman is Lorgar. Magnus and the Space Wolves have their thing, and the Ultramarines have their own thing with the Word Bearers.

In case you're wondering, the list of rivalries clearly goes as follows:

Imperial Fists vs. Iron Warriors

Space Wolves vs. Thousand Sons

Ultramarines vs. Word Bearers

Iron Hands vs. Emperor's Children

White Scars vs. Death Guard

Blood Angels vs. Black Legion

The last six are more ambiguous, but if you go by the Horus Heresy then the Dark Angels have a thing with the Night Lords now (Salamanders might also want to have a word with them). World Eaters just hate everyone, Raven Guard are too emo to have a specific grudge, and who can even guess what's going on with the Alpha Legion.

I'm sure someone already posed the question, but hitherto now (I.E. pre-TGS three), had Magnus and Guilliman ever, on page,... spoken?

I assume they must have off-page, but I can't think of a meeting between them pre-TGS.

Regarding the rivalries...

I think Brother Dougal's list is on point

I would add that in addition to WS vs. DG, the WS may also have a rivalry with the EC...Khan and Fulgrim don't get along and PoH features quite a bit of animosity between WS and EC. This animosity may have been further compounded on Terra and survived into 40K.

Not sure if BA may also have a word to say with the NL...based on the NL trilogy.

I guess it's just what I thought then. This was a campaign book in the end, they had to have models and battles for people to run through. And with Magnus being the only Daemon Primarch so far, they were limited on options for who could go up against Guilliman. Only other candidate at that point might've been Abaddon, but do you think the Despoiler could've put up a fight against the Avenging Son?

Well, if that's how you feel, then in the spirit of sarcasm (may it never fade): *deep breath* Gee, Heritor, you know I really do feel sorry for you. I can't imagine what it must be like having to read book after book, day in and day out. Truly, with so many being sub-par, it must be torturous forcing yourself to turn page after eye-twitching page, all for us, so that the innocent masses can know beforehand where to tread in this endless swamp of literature. Truly we are indebted to you, and for the many dollars you have saved us from spending frivolously, I thank you. tongue.png

Now on to topic, quick question, feel free to spoil me: What exactly was Magnus' deal in the third Gathering Storm book? I mean, we all know Why he went after the Space Wolves, that's been building up for years (or millennia), but what was his motivation for going after Robo-Tay? I don't remember him having any specific beef with the Ultramarines? Did Abaddon put him up to it? Was he following some Master Plan? What was that, Magny-man, not cool. Not cool at all.

He has a plan - Tzeentch plan said and run into motion. As you could guess from the Saturday release of the new W40K 8th edition map - Planet of Sorcerers has broken into the Realspace to stay. And by doing it Magnus has started building his own ' Ultramar' - like Macragge in the heart of the Roboute Empire msn-wink.gif

I guess it's just what I thought then. This was a campaign book in the end, they had to have models and battles for people to run through. And with Magnus being the only Daemon Primarch so far, they were limited on options for who could go up against Guilliman. Only other candidate at that point might've been Abaddon, but do you think the Despoiler could've put up a fight against the Avenging Son?

honestly, it's kind of nice to see a new pairing. and don't forget that fulgrim did turn up in a way during the course of the story.

this isn't superhero comics, so we don't have to only have batman and the joker fighting again and again.

So, any spoilers on the story from this audios? smile.png

Take inquisitor and emanation of Yanneid (of whatever - same crappy 'reworked' eldars, now even worse emo type) - send them in 'Indiana Jones' mode to find something, shoot/kill some 'nazies' (chaos) and make scary faces along the road.

Story ends. teehee.gif

So, why didnt the Emp just use the gate on the moon. Instead of well opening up the back door to humanity. 

Is the question Im most asking.

First we should ask if he did know about the gate on the moon, or if it was hidden from his sight.

You know what smells like bull:cuss?

Eldar could not have a gate at Macragge because reasons, but they can at Luna? GW please.

Well, Macragge's an out of the way nowhere world. Terra's basically home to a C'tan shard, give or take a few AU.

Nevertheless, point taken. Eldrad managed to deliver Harlequins into the Imperial Palace, for what it's worth.

Eldar could not have a gate at Macragge because reasons, but they can at Luna? GW please.

Your please will fall on deaf ears. They are all hobos where ;)

Well, Macragge's an out of the way nowhere world. Terra's basically home to a C'tan shard, give or take a few AU.

Nevertheless, point taken. Eldrad managed to deliver Harlequins into the Imperial Palace, for what it's worth.

Another roll eyes moment in generally a good book. With all the wards and stuff (as especially mentioned in the newest Carrion Throne. Even Crowl thinks if security is 'this' now - how more unpregnable it was before (including in M32).

Archived