8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

I can accept the legs after seeing the back side:

http://i.imgur.com/1fEEpYj.jpg

They're less boots, and more a part that straps to the leg.

That and I'm pretty sure these guys are Jet Pack troops between the legs, the poses, and all those rocket nozzles.

the back makes it look even more like they ripped appart a tau suit and strapped the buts they liked to a marine.

Also I'd like to welcome the SW, DA, BA, and DW to codex black templars.

But it'd be heresy to steal xenos tech. HERESY I TELL YOU!

Also don't look at the broken webway gate below the Imperial Palace, clearly that isn't there and the Emperor never stole technology from the Eldar....

All I can say is that if I do use Interceptors, that hood is the first to go. Hopefully they have some kind of movement advantage that will make them useful as a expendable brute force alpha strike. But as they'll most likely cost more than the current Jump Assault troops... we shall see.

On the way to work I had a revelation, I started to picture Guilliman talking more like Zapp Brannigan, and in that voice saying things like, "Look humans! I have made the ultimate soliders of the 41st decathlon, we're saved!", and the Primaris marines in unison scream, "LEEERROOYY JENKINNNSSSS", while charging into battle.

Meanwhile, the Black Templar Neophytes breathe a temporary sigh of relief. For there are new meat shields to be fielded. 

The only thing that makes me nervous about the Primarus marines is the fear their generic, uninspired sci-fi aesthetic is the future of 40k. What attracted me to the IP most was the way they blended baroque fantasy and science fiction. It's what separated 40k from every other sci-fi setting. I'll reserve judgements until we see a full kit, but I will be incredibly disappointed if Warhammer starts moving away from it's "grimdark" roots and more towards sleek, shiny spacemen. It's just boring to me.

On the plus side, the rule changes across the board seem ace. Considering their moving away from codices and USRs and more towards individualized unit types and flavorful characters, I don't see what the big deal is about supplements. Between chapter tactics, rules that allow for a variety of builds, crusaders with rules that (allegedly) reflect our fluff, and the potential for our characters to become viable again, why is there so much negativity?

Though we might not be returning to the glory days of 4th, this will be the first time since then we'll be able to make an army that fits our fluff, has some flavor, and has the potential to be "competitive" as well.

All I can say is that if I do use Interceptors, that hood is the first to go. Hopefully they have some kind of movement advantage that will make them useful as a expendable brute force alpha strike. But as they'll most likely cost more than the current Jump Assault troops... we shall see.

On the way to work I had a revelation, I started to picture Guilliman talking more like Zapp Brannigan, and in that voice saying things like, "Look humans! I have made the ultimate soliders of the 41st decathlon, we're saved!", and the Primaris marines in unison scream, "LEEERROOYY JENKINNNSSSS", while charging into battle.

Meanwhile, the Black Templar Neophytes breathe a temporary sigh of relief. For there are new meat shields to be fielded. 

Apparently they fly and are not traditional assault marines.

The squad size 3 is a little strange unless they are a 2+ armor save.

They have 6 wounds for the three of them following Primaris stats we already know.

Right but that is 4 less wounds than the other squads.  I just find this strange on the squad size 3 feeling a little light.  Then again they could have something like "squirrely" making them harder to hit via zooming around.  

Does the squad size 3 feel normal to you?  I know odd numbers have a nice visual as far as display composition goes but we really don't have a lot of SM units that are 3 models.  

Just odd to me I guess.

The squad size 3 is a little strange unless they are a 2+ armor save.

They have 6 wounds for the three of them following Primaris stats we already know.

Right but that is 4 less wounds than the other squads.  I just find this strange on the squad size 3 feeling a little light.  Then again they could have something like "squirrely" making them harder to hit via zooming around.  

Does the squad size 3 feel normal to you?  I know odd numbers have a nice visual as far as display composition goes but we really don't have a lot of SM units that are 3 models.  

Just odd to me I guess.

Crisis suits come in teams of three. :p

I mean, I prefer multiples of 5 for the base size of a Marine squad, but seeing as we're getting Astartes brand Crisis Suits, I'm not going to stress over this oddity too much.

So, they fly around like Iron man, hovering, bobbing around etc. Hmmm, don't how I feel about that, in principle. Seems a little silly, doesn't feel grimdark enough or something. 

Seems like someone has been talking to the Tau again. More HERESY!!!! 

So, they fly around like Iron man, hovering, bobbing around etc. Hmmm, don't how I feel about that, in principle. Seems a little silly, doesn't feel grimdark enough or something. 

Seems like someone has been talking to the Tau again. More HERESY!!!! 

Well they look like Jet Pack Infantry and start in units of 3 and have 2 wounds each and a 3+....

It sounds like I'm talking about Tau.

Well they look like Jet Pack Infantry and start in units of 3 and have 2 wounds each and a 3+....

It sounds like I'm talking about Tau.

You forgot the part where they forego their melee weaponry in favor of shooty shooty. And then they add ridiculous little baby shields so noone comes up and slaps them in the face as they deserve furious.gif

I'm not in the against primaris camp, but these Interceptors better stay away from my desk or they can expect some serious chopping conversionwork.

Just athought but Centurions also come in units of three plus.

Then again they can at least turn a hereitc into ground meat paste with the assault version.

Just athought but Centurions also come in units of three plus.

Then again they can at least turn a hereitc into ground meat paste with the assault version.

I just picked up a box of them last week and I'm still converting my assault centurions.  I'm excited for more than one unit inside a transport.  

Everything shapes up to be great. Multiple units in a transport (I wonder how expensive a Spartan Tank will be in points) topped with reasonable rules for charging out of vehicles, Centurions no longer being the most goofy unit in the SM range - great stuff!

Interesting that Primaris Marines now have Lieutenants. I'm wondering whether they'll also keep Sergeants and Captains in their rank system. It feels a bit silly that they need such bloated organisation, while we successfully operate and Crusade on the basis of brotherly ties and honour.

If this continues it seems I'll move to AoS permenantly.

Those are some ugly ass models.

if what continues? They made some ugly models, it isn't the first time **Cough**Centurions**Cough** and won't be the last. I don't see anything to get all gloom and doom about. 

If this continues it seems I'll move to AoS permenantly.

Those are some ugly ass models.

if what continues? They made some ugly models, it isn't the first time **Cough**Centurions**Cough** and won't be the last. I don't see anything to get all gloom and doom about. 

HEY! Centurions aren't that bad... :p

They just need the proper pieces to make them look like proper Templars...

Also, just watched the trailers and had a look at the models from the GW announcements (it was disclosed at 3AM here Down Under) and I'm glad that we I have more confirmation that Primaris Space Marine are "officially" not a re-scale, just more Space Marine releases... as the Death Guard, ALL the Death Guard models are exactly 28mm Heroic scale... which means I can keep Crusading Eternally with my 28mm Heroic Scale Templars, even though there are bigger, but not as good looking Marines out there.,,

Really? The deathguard looked bigger than regular marines... to me anyhow...

Also, sadly, despite your valiant effort roujakis, I still don't like centurions. (I am ZEALOUSLY enthralled with all your other templars however)

Thank the emperor, it means I shan't have to truescale any centurions!

Roujakis, not trying to rain on your parade but asthetics is subjective and imo centurions are bad models, mostly due to the overly static poses. Yours are definitely much better than stock but still not my bag(don't get me started on their fluff :lol:)

I think my main issue with centurions is the static pose and should really have just been snap fit for all the life they bring to the table.

But come on I do like Assault Centurions as how much more Templar can you be.  

"I can't make up my mind if I want to man a hurricane bolter today or burn a witch?  Maybe I just want to punch a Ork really hard.  OH wait I can do all three with an Assault Centurion suit!"

It is kinda like a Zeal turducken.

We're getting off topic, but my main gripe is that they supposedly do a job that in the fluff is what terminators are for. Plus the concept of power armor inside power armor is just dumb to me.

Back on topic, I'm really looking forward to 2 wound terminators and I'm hoping that LC's will get some kind of rule to grant them an extra attack as having only 2 attacks could really be detrimental to them depending on the rest of the rules

Archived