8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

Don't put too much faith in GW over the initial rules. The Imperial book still lists the "unique" chapters without us, which means we're nothing more than Chapter Tactics again. I'm pretty sure we're never getting our identity back.

So much for New GW listening.

The only way for us to get more is to push via the correct outlet.  This might make some people mad at me or even get me banded for saying this but as good as this forum is for BT it does very little to get GW's eye.  It's just a forum and they don't care.

When GW opens up a avenue for feedback we as in every BT player that we can get needs to make our voice heard.  Also the current FB page is just PR deflection tool and not really a feedback location.

I'm not expecting BT to get anything more than the JJ/Ward love child that we have seen so I'm not going be disappointed with more of the same.  I do think 8th overall seems like it could be the best version of 40k but we are only given tiny elements without knowing the units and points.  If we do get something more than the JJ/Ward love child BT I will be happy.  

I have been trying to find a method to give more comprehensive feedback but have had little luck so far, but I'm going to keep trying.  

Who's JJ? I am of course familiar with Ward, but I do not know anything about this "JJ". I assume he has a negative relationship with the BT and their players; would someone mind bringing me up to speed?

LC's are going to be interesting how they compare to the rest of the weapons.  Will they have a +S, re-roll to wound as the classic element or maybe a they do a flat 2 wounds like we have seen in some of the blog posts with a few ranged weapons.

Who's JJ? I am of course familiar with Ward, but I do not know anything about this "JJ". I assume he has a negative relationship with the BT and their players; would someone mind bringing me up to speed?

I sent you a PM related to this.

18673302_10158639389010527_6600333545619

Crap... okay that actually looks pretty good to me now. Here I was thinking I wouldn't be buying any of these.

Meh, the shields on the guns are pointless and stupid looking to me. The "psyker' hood thing only fills me with the zealous desire to burn them like witches and the ski's still don't work for me. 

Basically, no amount of black can save these wretches in my eyes :lol:

Meh, the shields on the guns are pointless and stupid looking to me. The "psyker' hood thing only fills me with the zealous desire to burn them like witches and the ski's still don't work for me.

Basically, no amount of black can save these wretches in my eyes laugh.png

Seconded. Maybe after I finish everything else I have to do, and after reading numerous BatReps saying how these pulled through, and seeing someone else convert them into something... else

I was thinking of more that the new gorget turns into a massive bullet/shrapnel catch and the hood helps block that from behind...

That said I won't get worked up until I can read up on the new power armour and then decide how stupid it is in the context of the setting,

Really? The deathguard looked bigger than regular marines... to me anyhow...

Also, sadly, despite your valiant effort roujakis, I still don't like centurions. (I am ZEALOUSLY enthralled with all your other templars however)

Thank the emperor, it means I shan't have to truescale any centurions!

Had multiple looks just top be exactly sure... yeah, the Death Guard are Death Watch sized, but they are definitely not Primaris sized, my Templars are still decently scaled if compared to Death Watch since they are only half a head taller... unlike Primaris which are a full head taller in comparison to the Death Watch Space Marines...

While the new Plague Marines aren't taller, they are wider. Apparently the Cult troops are seeing some diversity in size.

On another note, I spotted a theory for the new Jet Pack Primaris guys: those aren't skids but anti-grave plates they're standing on.

If so, then I can accept the less dynamic poses.

That said, the lack of a melee focused unit (outside of the LT) for these new guys doesn't give me hopes for their ability to crusade. I mean I don't see even a combat knife on those models. Heck the Death Guard brought more melee to the fight than they did.

Very curious about the rules for the Hellblaster squad. Still gets hot? Maybe different rules like, instead of gets hot it can't fire for one turn. So instead of dying the unit can fall back and take cover while cooling off.

Gets Hot will probably have to change anyway, what with the change to how Blast weapons work - otherwise, the Plasma Cannon just became the worst heavy weapon by far. msn-wink.gif

Very curious about the rules for the Hellblaster squad. Still gets hot? Maybe different rules like, instead of gets hot it can't fire for one turn. So instead of dying the unit can fall back and take cover while cooling off.

Gets Hot will probably have to change anyway, what with the change to how Blast weapons work - otherwise, the Plasma Cannon just became the worst heavy weapon by far. msn-wink.gif

It'll probably go back to it's roots of rolling before firing, if you roll a 1, then suffer a single wound, if not, then shoot normally...

As for other non-blast Gets Hot weapon, maybe it would be the same...

After seeing the jump pack unit, i keep thinking about a unit of mechs from armored core.

They have the option of full flight but prefer use use the jump packs to fast skate on the ground.

Still not a fan since there's no melee weapons to be found.

So i'm working on a BT Deathwatch army until i see a proper codex. I retired my army when i stopped playing 12 years ago. I can't bring myself to update the old army.

However, if we get solid rules, i'll gladly build a new army from the ground up. But still no primarus marines. Eff those newbs.

If this continues it seems I'll move to AoS permenantly.

Those are some ugly ass models.

if what continues? They made some ugly models, it isn't the first time **Cough**Centurions**Cough** and won't be the last. I don't see anything to get all gloom and doom about.

No doom and gloom just bland and boring design.

I usually like GW new models.

But these ones are a miss in my opinion.

I will skip the starter set. Gonna wait for the box sets.

I think the warp is affecting the content of your transmissions, Sete. You should have a word with your astropath. tongue.png

Despite the fact I just finished them a few months ago, I'm tempted to steal their clear stands and attach them to some of my assault marines. I feel like having some airborne and others on the ground would make for really dynamic looking squads.

Taking a look today's blog post being a FW data sheet I wanted to work on some theory craft.  I normally find FW rules to be slightly better than GW providing them a purchasing incentive over the standard model range as well to compensate for monetary value of the models.  

Looking at the Hellforged Siege drill what can we take away for the possibly for the Assault Centurion siege drills?

This one is Sx2 -4AP and D of 4 with no abilities.  The assault centurion siege drill is S9 AP2 armor bane so how might it be converted and what is your best guess?

For me I'm thinking it will be Sx2 -4AP but the D value going from FW to GW I'm guessing most likely only D3 or static 2.

What is your guess?

Well this also tied into chain fist as we see that the melta rule would not work with it as written.  Do you think it will just be roll two dice and discard the power or simply re-roll failed to wounds with a Chain fist?

PS: sorry Acebaur about looking at centurions again but I'm curious on how these things might work.

I know that is why I said I'm sorry sweat.gif.

With a little more contemplation about chain fists being just modified power fists it could be something like.

Sx2 -3ap Damage is D3 and a minus 1 to hit.

So the element that most likely will be changed is the Damage value with some possibilities.

1. D6 - boring but more consistent with GW rule writing.

2. D3 + value - for example D3 + 2 - I like this system but we have not seen the new dev team so far.

3. static value like D = 3 .... boring but we have seen elements like this

This might become a very interesting option for termies.

I'm still curious about LC, siege drills and Crozius.

Yuck.  Yeah, not a fan of these jet packers.  And there does indeed seem to be some Tau design influence at work in places, which is all the more reason to ban them from my Crusade. :P

The gun shields on the Interceptor kit is to shield from muzzle flash.

Some weapons have that in real life :-D

PS: Centurions are fantastic

Except space marines don't need to shield themselves from muzzle flash, they have helmets and enhanced eyes that do that for them.  So.. yeah... they are still fail ;)

Archived