The implications of Guillimans return for the Imperium.

Angel_of_Blood

One of the ideas behind the Council of Terra, the forerunner of the High Lords, was to keep the rule of the Imperium of Man in strictly human hands. No legion dudes allowed!

I keep seeing this pop up, and it's not true.  The Primarchs and the Legions were not deliberately kept out of ruling the early Imperium because they're post-humans; if anything, they were always seen as being more loyal to the Emperor pre-Heresy because of the methods of indoctrination used on them and the fact that they're all technically blood-relatives of the Emperor.  The reason no post-humans sat on the Council of Terra was because they were too busy spread throughout the galaxy pushing the boundaries of the Imperium ever outward.  They were needed fighting the Crusade, not sitting at a council arguing politics.

I don't think that's how they would do it. I better picture them and sitting to discuss a very specific topic.

I don't think they'd come as representatives, more as advisors or as a plaintiff/petitioner/claimant (my legal English is broken, take the best pick for someone that has a request)

Anyway, apparently RG is having a hard one getting over how censored.gif is the Imperium:

GW Facebook

Edit: Sorry, I did not thought it was considered cussing this way, it will not happen again.

I dont blame RG at all! Not the Imperium that he wouldve wanted to be revived into...

It's silly to think a single Chapter Master can speak for them all anyway.

Calgar... it's possible he's died by the time of Gulliman's revival. He's not a plastic model after all.

I like the idea of 2 Ultramarines forces though; the old Chapter and the new one raised to crusade with Guilliman. Doubt it'll go that way though.

Calgar will remain in control of the Ultra's.

Guilliman will take over the emperors/horus's position as "warmaster" and direct any and all imperial forces

Seeing the WD pictures etc shows Calgar fighting in front of Guilliman.

What a tag team lol!

Seriously think that there will be an honour guard of Ultramarines who stay with Guilliman at all times, essentially like an Honour Company thing.

The thing is I don't see how any of the other primarchs when they return will see this in a positive light. 60% of the SM chapters are Ultramarines descendants, RG has a position with his own name on it and will probably act like the de-facto ruler of the Imperium. Russ,Lion,Dorn and Corax would have some serious issues with this.

I feel like players of 40K have a lot more problem with this than the primarchs would, lol. Guilliman already de-facto ruled the Imperium in the years following the Heresy, and the only thing the primarchs took exception with was when he tried to break up the Legions.

Otherwise, they either know they aren't leaders, or like in Russ's case, can't be bothered to actually lead the Imperium. That's boring work for scholars and bean counters.

And while I don't like the Imperium Secundus storyline from the Heresy novels because it seems like such a sloppy and half-considered plot element, in those stories, Guillman was clearly willing to do the work while someone else ended up as the figurehead, and at the very least, The Lion was along for that ride.

Archived