The implications of Guillimans return for the Imperium.

Angel_of_Blood

Rg opens the door to the throne room

DORN . whats up G

RG. :cuss are you doing here

DORN . me and valdor been chilling in the basement yo.

RG. !!!!!

DORN. Vulkan says hi

RG.!!!!!

DORN. How did you get dads sword. Gives cawl a dirty look

RG how did you let the imperium get this bad DORN ?

DORN. You gave them power and barred the legions from politics. This is your doing you fool. Hands RG a red painted helm. I think you earned this.

Lol

I really wish the like button worked for kindles. You made me chuckle so loudly I woke the dog!

So, I heard this mentioned in a few places, don't know where it comes from.

Apparently in the next book, once Guilliman returns to Terra, he walks in to the Golden Throne room and discovers he's not the first Primarch to arrive.

Again, this could be bogus/whishy stuff.

That would be pretty interesting however...

They did awake someone in the basement.

Dorn the Templar I can see returning, a faith based counterpoint to RG, but not Dorn the castle builder. Imperial Fists just don't seem popular enough, probably still due to aversion to painting yellow.

I think the loyalist Primarch will return for one of the top selling chapters.

The Lions return could spoil the mystery around the DA. Sang is dead, and if they do something for BA it'll be more interesting than a Primarch.

So I think it'll be Russ next, he re-appeared when Wulfen started showing up everywhere and went straight to Dad. Not home as he's worried his mutants deserve it, Magnus style.

Just my thoughts.

Oh God... It's true, isn't it.

Well, I guess it's going to be Dorn. The two brothers Crusade once more as they did so long ago?

Didn't your source say Dorn was being released or were they mistaken?

He did indeed.

But I fear he may have seen the Guilliman artwork and assumed it was Dorn.

I actually made a topic about this after Guilliman was revealed. The artwork on the White Dwarf shows a Golden Primarch with a Gun under a hand which could be artificial. It basically looks exactly like the description of Dorn I was given.

Now, he may have seen more (not been in touch since Guilliman reveal) in which case a lot more people will be happy.

From my understanding of the leaks, what's been implied, and what I can extrapolate from it.

Russ is a very very long way away.

I personally expect him to be the last primarch to arrive, even after a dead one comes back. (imho)

From my understanding of the leaks, what's been implied, and what I can extrapolate from it.

Russ is a very very long way away.

I personally expect him to be the last primarch to arrive, even after a dead one comes back. (imho)

I think it's too hard to guess their order right now.

With Russ "just" being in the Warp, on some quest of his own (Vengeance? Tree of Life? Something else we don't yet know?), he could come back next - or only after all Daemon Primarchs are released and his loyal brothers desperately try to reunite.

I think GW might try to keep it balanced, giving Chaos the next Primarch after Guilliman, then another loyal one...

...and sprinkle some Xeno "big players" in between, just like the Yncarne, to bring them up to speed. ("Beast"-like Ork Warlord? Silent King or a C'tan Shard? Etc.)

I agree that with the return of big leaders like Primarchs we'll see an escalation. A restored C'tan is almost guaranteed whilst how big Ghazghull might get will haunt all our dreams.

As such I can see the status quo being maintained as returning Primarchs just won't have the space to disrupt the fractious Imperial institutions.

On the whole Guilliman discovering he isn't the first Primarch to arrive:

Is the Golden Throne still connected to the Webway?

If so I could see GW throwing us a curveball and somehow bringing Khan back. Could create some nice literary friction, as Roboute and Jhagatai never did get along that well.

Jagatai didn't get along with anyone because he was never around.  I will point out though that the Khan did side with Guilliman on the questions of Codex adoption and the splitting of the Legions (according to the 7th Edition Codex: Space Marines).  So if he backed Guilliman's play then, he might be inclined to keep backing it.

RG is a populist power grabber and nothing more. He will not change anything in the Imperium for the better except his personal position.

Source please. And no, Imperium Secundus does not count, because he had no way of leaving or even knowing what happened to the rest of the Galaxy .

The codex doesn't count either because it also diminished his own power, and the actual government that the emperor himself set up (the high lords, aka the council of Terra) pretty well forced him to do that. It was a "split the legions or we will get rid of the legions" situation .

Jesus Christ this is old.

Imo it's fairly obvious a schism will occur. In the heresy the ultramarines protected their own empire

Considering they were literally TRAPPED. I mean if your house was completely locked down, and there was literally no way in, are you going to make sure you get the mirderers clear of your house, or beat hopelessly against the wall, unsure if your neighborhood is even still ok. Keep in mind, there are murderers already directly attacking you.

When was it established that the High Lords forced the Codex? The proper response is the same as what the Ultramarines later did to the High Lords, which was presumably kill a great deal of them to trim their bloated bureaucracy down to standard levels. The only political peers Guilliman had to worry about in the past was his surviving loyalist brothers who were moodier than he, and the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Jagatai didn't get along with anyone because he was never around.  I will point out though that the Khan did side with Guilliman on the questions of Codex adoption and the splitting of the Legions (according to the 7th Edition Codex: Space Marines).  So if he backed Guilliman's play then, he might be inclined to keep backing it.

Indeed. In fact, Guilliman remarked in Know No Fear that he had great respect for the Khan.

RG opens door...

DORN: Took you long enough.

RG: Seriously?

DORN: Heard Magnus was back, wanted to make sure he wouldn't...

MAGNUS: I'm here! Here to finish what Horus-"

DORN: *Stabs Magnus through the chest*

RG: ...........

DORN: Going back to bed, wake me up in another 10k ok?

On a different note, how do you think the Daemon Primarchs will react to Guilliman's return?

Magnus already seems to be in full action mode, and may be trying to carve out his own empire (or create something worse).

Fulgrim and Mortarion are both hinted at being involved with Abaddon's crusade.

But the other Daemon Primarchs have had nothing hinted about them.

The Primarchs closest to getting annoyed by RG's return is Fulgrim (who wounded him) and Lorgar, because of all the pre-heresy stuff.

Still, I can't visualize Lorgar breaking his meditation just yet. So is RG vs Fulgrim round 2 coming up? Or is Mortarion showing up first more likey?

Btw, guys, here's a very interesting quote from Atia's blog.  It actually aligns with a lot of what was discussed here:

"Thousands of years.  And look what has become of them.  Of us.  Idolatry.  Ignorance.  Suffering and squalor in the name of a god who never desired the title."

- Roboute Guilliman

Khan will be the rumoured 'loyalist turns traitor' Primarch just because the White Scars are arguably the least popular loyalist Legion. They can throw out their twist without upsetting as many people as if it was say... Dorn or the Lion.

On a different note, how do you think the Daemon Primarchs will react to Guilliman's return?

Magnus already seems to be in full action mode, and may be trying to carve out his own empire (or create something worse).

The Primarchs closest to getting annoyed by RG's return is Fulgrim (who wounded him) and Lorgar, because of all the pre-heresy stuff.

Still, I can't visualize Lorgar breaking his meditation just yet. So is RG vs Fulgrim round 2 coming up? Or is Mortarion showing up first more likey?

I would think that Guilliman's return would be an ideal hook for GW to bring Lorgar out of meditation if that's what they want to do.  That said, I'd bet that, if there is to be a second Chaos primarch model, it would be Morty or Angron because they seem to be established as having done the most stuff since the heresy.  Angron even has a ruleset for 40k.

Here's an interesting thought: Might Lorgar's reaction when he wakes up be similar to Guilliman's?  Guilliman awakes to a decaying and hidebound Imperium.  Lorgar awakes to a Word Bearers legion that has been overtaken by the BLegion and is consumed by internal squabbling between Erebus and Kor Phaeron.  

I would think that Guilliman's return would be an ideal hook for GW to bring Lorgar out of meditation if that's what they want to do. That said, I'd bet that, if there is to be a second Chaos primarch model, it would be Morty or Angron because they seem to be established as having done the most stuff since the heresy. Angron even has a ruleset for 40k.

Here's an interesting thought: Might Lorgar's reaction when he wakes up be similar to Guilliman's? Guilliman awakes to a decaying and hidebound Imperium. Lorgar awakes to a Word Bearers legion that has been overtaken by the BLegion and is consumed by internal squabbling between Erebus and Kor Phaeron.

I would lose my censored.gif for Lorgar to finally step away from his meditation, having achieved whatever he wanted to achieve.

In terms of models, yeah, I'd prefer to see Angron and think him or Mortarion would definitely be easy money for GW.

Depending on what exactly his M.O. is, Lorgar may indeed finally cut down those individuals holding the traitors back from "real" chaos.

Archived