Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming BL stuff

• Please log in to reply
1313 replies to this topic

Izlude

Izlude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 216 posts

From Battle Bunnies site:

http://battlebunnies...-and-cover.html

-Most of this I think we know but the coverart for Dark Compliance looks awesome...wish it was not a audio. Since it is from French, I hope this is sort of a "sequel" to The Warmaster he did which I thought was fantastic. 

-Tallarn: Too bad I have all of the books (awesome by the way). The new coverart looks great although I like the original one with the IW raider busted apart with steaming IW termis coming out.

-Fulgrim: The whole eagle landing on his arm...ha ha seems very Fulgrim-like. I think this will be good. I just bought Primogenitor from Josh Reynolds (which I heard nothing but good things) so I think this one will be really good. It is nice the coverart for the Primarch series is getting better. Maybe they listened to us, Guilliman and Russ was pretty bad with Magnus and Pertie looking better and now Lorgar and Fulgrim actually look badass.

With the new Guilliman waking up, I would love a novel about this. Sort of like Vulkan in the Beast series where he is disgusted with the Imperium. I can't imagine Guilliman when he wakes up being happy...some heads will roll. Also his interaction with Cypher and of course how he gets the Emperor's sword...would be very cool indeed.

• Brother Lunkhead, ruralguardhipcat, Roomsky and 1 other like this

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,075 posts

Dark Compliance sounds interesting. It sounds very much like Horus really flexing his muscles and making a bold statement whilst building up a support mechanism for his Heresy.

Spoiler

gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,351 posts

Dang but they've brought Josh Reynolds onto the HH team in a big way and no mistake. He's got a good handle on the EC so Fulgrim is an insta-buy, which I had not expected.

I guess Tallarn is going to be an anthology or Garro-style composite novel based on the existing works and audios.

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts

Dang but they've brought Josh Reynolds onto the HH team in a big way and no mistake. He's got a good handle on the EC so Fulgrim is an insta-buy, which I had not expected.

I guess Tallarn is going to be an anthology or Garro-style composite novel based on the existing works and audios.

I believe Tallarn will be more like an omnibus as it will include the novella Tallarn Executioner and the short novel Tallarn Ironclad. What will be interesting is to see whether all related shorts and prose versions of audiodramas are also included seeing as some have been released in another anthology?

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,530 posts

It is safe to say that all the Tallarn:-prefixed shorts will be in. Only The Eagle's Talon and Iron Corpses were printed elsewhere by now, but the John French shorts are still up. Hoping for something new as well since there were some holes in the Tallarn plot that I'd like to see stuffed somehow.

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 786 posts

Looks like they re-arranged the order of the Horus Heresy series going by these pics.

It shows Tallarn omnibus as coming out in August, which is precisely the slot Book 45 would get, which was first supposed to be Ruinstorm.

So Crimson King, 44, in June, then Tallarn, 45, in August, and then Ruinstorm, Old Earth and maybe finally the SW vs Horus novel.

Also, Fulgrim is shown as an October release which is when we would expect the next Primarchs novel after July's Lorgar release. So assuming Fulgrim is a Primarchs novel and not one from the HH series, it will come before Ferrus Manus and Ferrus does not release in 2017.

Which means that both the mystery books 43 and the original no 46 are turning out to be reprint anthologies.

I had hoped for a bit more news on upcoming HH novels during this seminar to be honest.

There was a lot more news during the BL Live day for instance.

Edited by Taliesin, 05 February 2017 - 11:16 AM.

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts

Looks like they re-arranged the order of the Horus Heresy series going by these pics.
It shows Tallarn omnibus as coming out in August, which is precisely the slot Book 45 would get, which was first supposed to be Ruinstorm.

So Crimson King, 44, in June, then Tallarn, 45, in August, and then Ruinstorm, Old Earth and maybe finally the SW vs Horus novel.

Also, Fulgrim is shown as an October release which is when we would expect the next Primarchs novel after July's Lorgar release. So assuming Fulgrim is a Primarchs novel and not one from the HH series, it will come before Ferrus Manus and Ferrus does not release in 2017.

Which means that both the mystery books 43 and the original no 46 are turning out to be reprint anthologies.

I had hoped for a bit more news on upcoming HH novels during this seminar to be honest.
There was a lot more news during the BL Live day for instance.

The Fulgrim book is 99.99% certain to be a Primarchs book.

I too am a little disappointed by the lack of news. The seminar was called "road to terra" so thought we would get a bit more insight into their plans rather than a bit of info on some audiodramas.

Remus Ventanus.

Remus Ventanus.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,199 posts
  • Faction: The XIII, Ultramarines.

Old earth? Whats that about?

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,530 posts

Third and final Salamanders novel by Kyme. Vulkan and co are headed to Terra, and it seems to play into another shattered legions plotline (likely Meduson vs Tybalt Marr) as well. Answers for Vulkan's involvement for the rest of the Heresy inbound.

• Remus Ventanus. and Kelborn like this

HeritorA

HeritorA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 3,552 posts
  • Faction: Hydra

Third and final Salamanders novel by Kyme. Vulkan and co are headed to Terra, and it seems to play into another shattered legions plotline (likely Meduson vs Tybalt Marr) as well. Answers for Vulkan's involvement for the rest of the Heresy inbound.

sadly Meduson vs Tybalt Marr would be written by Kyme :( It started with Abnett and ended with Kyme.... nuke.gif

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 786 posts

Crimson King now officially confirmed for June.

https://www.warhamme...-team-liveblog/

R_F_D

R_F_D

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

But it is referred to as an audio drama?

Izlude

Izlude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 216 posts
I guess 2016 was the HH year. At least based on the list if you don't count the anthology, Primarch series and audios not too many offerings for HH. I guess Ruinstorm and Old earth would be this year in which case not as bad.

I am only gettimg Old Earth for the Meduson/Marr showdown but clearly this won't be up to the same standard already setup in the Meduson anthology (Def a strong offering).

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
I wonder whether BL and FW are thinking of coordinating the release of Ruinstorm with the next black book Angelus (ie. Stuff about Blood Angels and Dark Angels)?

One of the sections in Angelus is The Passage of the Angel of Death which I reckon is probably Sanguinius' journey through the Ruinstorm back to Terra!

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,280 posts

But it is referred to as an audio drama?

Yeah I noticed this and was coming here to cry - I had hoped for a last novel by Graham :(

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Spoiler

lajetee.jpg

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,530 posts

Its a novel. Warhammer Community made a mistake copy/pasting their table. We know it is a numbered entry from BLL at the latest.

• R_F_D likes this

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 786 posts

I wonder whether BL and FW are thinking of coordinating the release of Ruinstorm with the next black book Angelus (ie. Stuff about Blood Angels and Dark Angels)?

One of the sections in Angelus is The Passage of the Angel of Death which I reckon is probably Sanguinius' journey through the Ruinstorm back to Terra!

They tend not to do that. Besides, Angelus is probably not due until the next Weekender, and Ruinstorm was scheduled as book 45 even so it's gonna be earlier. Very interested in the Blood Angels journey to Terra myself, so in that sense Ruinstorm can't be released soon enough.

Angelus looks stunning btw. It's a shame they can't work at a slightly faster pace and get two of those out a year. 

I guess 2016 was the HH year. At least based on the list if you don't count the anthology, Primarch series and audios not too many offerings for HH.

It has that feeling yeah. Definitely the first half of 2017 is very quiet IMO, seems like a lull in the schedule, I guess the second half should/could have some surprises that compensate a bit.

But no covers yet for Ruinstorm, Old Earth and the SW vs Horus or Beta Garmon books suggest these are unfortunately a fair few months away.

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts

They tend not to do that. Besides, Angelus is probably not due until the next Weekender, and Ruinstorm was scheduled as book 45 even so it's gonna be earlier. Very interested in the Blood Angels journey to Terra myself, so in that sense Ruinstorm can't be released soon enough.

Angelus looks stunning btw. It's a shame they can't work at a slightly faster pace and get two of those out a year. 

I guess 2016 was the HH year. At least based on the list if you don't count the anthology, Primarch series and audios not too many offerings for HH.

It has that feeling yeah. Definitely the first half of 2017 is very quiet IMO, seems like a lull in the schedule, I guess the second half should/could have some surprises that compensate a bit.
But no covers yet for Ruinstorm, Old Earth and the SW vs Horus or Beta Garmon books suggest these are unfortunately a fair few months away.

On the BL and FW coordinating...yeah I realise they have never done that but was just speculating that they might. Ruinstorm is due earlier but interesting that it did not get a confirmed release date at the HH weekender.

Re Beta Garmon...think I read that the new Adeptus Titanicus game is set during that conflict?

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts
Lorgar...by Gav Thorpe...aaarrrghhhh

Well, I hope that means The Lion is written by ADB, Wraight, or French
  • Biscuittzz likes this

HeritorA

HeritorA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 3,552 posts

First half of 2017 sucks big time.

I guess 2016 was the HH year. At least based on the list if you don't count the anthology, Primarch series and audios not too many offerings for HH. I guess Ruinstorm and Old earth would be this year in which case not as bad.

I am only gettimg Old Earth for the Meduson/Marr showdown but clearly this won't be up to the same standard already setup in the Meduson anthology (Def a strong offering).

Exactly - I get it for the same reason, will read the death of Marr and simply resell that book.

Tallesin it seems they preparing main releases for BL Weekender at November.

As for the time before it  - we will have Crimson King (june), Black Crusade (august) and Ruinstorm (september).

On the BL and FW coordinating...yeah I realise they have never done that but was just speculating that they might. Ruinstorm is due earlier but interesting that it did not get a confirmed release date at the HH weekender.

Re Beta Garmon...think I read that the new Adeptus Titanicus game is set during that conflict?

Leto - Beta Garmon would be mentioned in the new Adeptus Titanicus game. It is not fully set at Beta Garmon.

In general it covers 2 big events for Titans in HH - Great Slaughter at Beta-Garmont/ Titandeath nuke.gif

Lorgar...by Gav Thorpe...aaarrrghhhh

Well, I hope that means The Lion is written by ADB, Wraight, or French

We could only pray Elite.gif

hopkins

hopkins

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 876 posts

josh reynolds doing HH stuff is great news

• Augustus likes this

HeritorA

HeritorA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 3,552 posts

josh reynolds doing HH stuff is great news

but not a numbered novel - only audios and novellas and shorts. All HH numbered novels are planned and taken by the authors.

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,530 posts

Doesn't really matter what format it is, or if it is numbered or not. Josh writes good stories with vivid characters and his sense for gallows humor is always appreciated. I'd rather seem him focus on his own niches like Fabius than squeeze him into the mainline Horus Heresy series just cause. Most plotlines have run their course and are being wrapped up, best to let him start something new where he can.

• Sandlemad and hopkins like this

HeritorA

HeritorA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 3,552 posts

Doesn't really matter what format it is, or if it is numbered or not. Josh writes good stories with vivid characters and his sense for gallows humor is always appreciated. I'd rather seem him focus on his own niches like Fabius than squeeze him into the mainline Horus Heresy series just cause. Most plotlines have run their course and are being wrapped up, best to let him start something new where he can.

Indeed it is so. His Lukas the Trickster stories truly shine as an example how a talented author could breath fresh life into an old and dusty character.

As for his Fabius series - it is only his Fabius for me now. After a masterpiece of Primogenitor I can't wait to read the second part.

As for his HH stories - it's probably would be the same breath of fresh air as he did for the Lukas. This time it would be Blackshield Endryd Haar from Xana Incursion and Fulgrim.

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
Anyone notice that BL have sneaked Cult of the Warmason by CL Werner (a Genestealer cult novel) into the the April coming soon! Defo wasn't there last time I looked!

I have never read anything by CL Werner so not sure how good he is. Will be interesting to contrast to the virtually perfect Genestealer Cults by Peter Fehevari!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users