Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming BL stuff

• Please log in to reply
3110 replies to this topic

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,222 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?
Give French Dorn and Alpharius.

Kkthxbye

Love ya, BL. <3
  • Roomsky and JH79 like this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,150 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Id certainly want French, Abnett or ADB on it, though the Latter has almost outright said he does not like the Alphas so that seems unlikely. 

Agreed that there are a whole bunch of loose ends that need trimming with the Alpha Legion during the heresy and some resolution with what Omegon is actually up to right now. PoD was a satisfying resolution to Alpharius' arc but not the Legion's tbh.

• bluntblade likes this

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,503 posts

FYI, Brutal Kunnin' is now out on Audible, somebody flipped the switch a few days early.

• aa.logan and Roomsky like this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,193 posts

FYI, Brutal Kunnin' is now out on Audible, somebody flipped the switch a few days early.

Still not sure about this. Really want to support any xenos centric book produced but I’m not sure I could do a full novel from an orks pov. Could be a little over powering in a bad way. Audio could be even worse!

byrd9999

byrd9999

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts

Still not sure about this. Really want to support any xenos centric book produced but I’m not sure I could do a full novel from an orks pov. Could be a little over powering in a bad way. Audio could be even worse!

Have you read the prequel short story, "Where Dere's Da Warp Dere's A Way"? Mike Brooks gets the tone of the Orks absolutely spot on :) 

My son and I have been waiting months for the novel to come out. We re-read the short story last night and enjoyed it even more than the first time around. We can't wait for Saturday, a hardback day one purchase.

• Roomsky and Ubiquitous1984 like this

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 509 posts
Peter Fehervari interview’s up on Warhammer community: https://www.warhamme...-author-speaks/
  • Sandlemad, Dumah, DarkChaplain and 6 others like this

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

Peter Fehervari interview’s up on Warhammer community: https://www.warhamme...-author-speaks/

Goddamn he is such a consistently good interviewee, there's so much thoughtful stuff there.

In truth Fehervari is the last dude I'd expect to have a go at space marines, particularly what sounds like a deep-dive 'chapter culture' book, but he's selling it and making it actually sound relevant for horror.

• DarkChaplain, cheywood, DukeLeto69 and 1 other like this

Morovir

Morovir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts

From this we also know that he's got a new short story coming out at some point, probably in the next Horror anthology.

• cheywood, DukeLeto69 and byrd9999 like this

ETL_2015_Banner_03d_Primus_Inter_Pares.jETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 624 posts

Aaand just like that, my Space Marine fatigue/apathy has been expunged. This man is a proper genius.
  • DarkChaplain, Lord Marshal, JH79 and 3 others like this

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

Matteus

Matteus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
  • Faction: Enlighteners Chapter

Came across Thirteenth Psalm recently; a romp made worthwile from the presentation of the Chapter. I've not read too much from PF but that Chapter's situation is perfect for his attention.

The responses in the interview have such a delightful diction too. So naturally crafted. Reminds me of the Hitchens brothers.

• Dumah, DukeLeto69 and byrd9999 like this

Honorary, headless sergeant of the Silver Skulls Chapter

"Kindle the fire in their hearts, watch it burn brighter than the stars." - Chaplain Kehun of the Enlighteners Chapter

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,724 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Fehervari is the only person who could make me buy a Space Marine novel.

• Dumah, DukeLeto69 and byrd9999 like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,034 posts
Quoting Peter Fehervari from the interview...

“Embark on a twisted journey into the dark-bright heart of a tormented Space Marine Chapter that soared too high and gazed too deep, but be wary, for the revelations ahead might grow teeth and come after you.”

And THAT is how you sell a Space Marine book to someone who mostly steers clear of Space Marine books (although at this stage I would buy ANYTHING by Fehervari)
  • Lord Marshal and byrd9999 like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,222 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?
And I'm sold on it.

Fehervari is still my top have to read author.

Sounds really promising and with the praise he has received here, many should consider to give it a try.
  • DarkChaplain and byrd9999 like this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,784 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

His books are never available at the shop, I assume there is a reason. :D

Very interested in this one.

• byrd9999 likes this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

aa.logan

aa.logan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts
  • Faction: Kartash’s pious stink
Much as I’m tempted to get in on the Brootal Kunnin’ action at the earliest possible opportunity, I fear the audiobook won’t do the subject justice- the preview clip was amazing, and the narrator good, but no way on earth was I buying him as an ork, however exceptional.
  • Roomsky likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,193 posts

Much as I’m tempted to get in on the Brootal Kunnin’ action at the earliest possible opportunity, I fear the audiobook won’t do the subject justice- the preview clip was amazing, and the narrator good, but no way on earth was I buying him as an ork, however exceptional.

I listened to the preview clip but I still think it would be a struggle. The names alone would be hard going.

byrd9999

byrd9999

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts

“Embark on a twisted journey into the dark-bright heart of a tormented Space Marine Chapter that soared too high and gazed too deep, but be wary, for the revelations ahead might grow teeth and come after you.”

And THAT is how you sell a Space Marine book to someone who mostly steers clear of Space Marine books (although at this stage I would buy ANYTHING by Fehervari)

Are you listening to me, Black Library? I will buy anything with Peter Fehervari's name on it!

Guaranteed sale, right here.

• DarkChaplain and DukeLeto69 like this

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,197 posts

The Reverie sounds excellent. Havent really felt the draw to read a Fehervari book yet but this one certainly does, that interview makes it soumds super intriguing.

Agreed with the others, shame its not a hardback release.

Master Ciaphas

Master Ciaphas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,356 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I second that! Peter Fehervari is an awesome writer! I still have Requiem Infernal on my to-read list, but everything else that Black Library has published from him, I have read...and loved. 

• DarkChaplain and byrd9999 like this

Never Forget, Never Forgive

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpghmpEPhP.pngIvRHEXT.png

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,034 posts

Are you listening to me, Black Library? I will buy anything with Peter Fehervari's name on it!

Guaranteed sale, right here.

Absolutely!

There are only a handful of BL authors where I can confidently say I will buy everything they write. Fehervari is one of those.
  • Dumah and byrd9999 like this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,193 posts
You know things are bad when your arranging to take your kids to the park with a mate and his kids on a Saturday morning and you need to check BL release schedule to see if you need to be hitting refresh at 10am. Tragic. Needless to say we aren’t meeting until 11 now

Edited by Knockagh, 18 September 2020 - 05:43 PM.

• JH79, byrd9999, theSpirea and 1 other like this

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,338 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I’ve said here previously about how long I’ve been waiting for the Infantryman’s Handbook reprint - so delighted to get that ordered today. At the current rate of other releases, amongst Horror, Crime, etc. I’m struggling to read my backlog mind!

I’m wondering if they’ll ever do a follow-up to it - perhaps pooling further Regimental Standard materials...
  • DarkChaplain likes this

bdbspeeddemon.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

BL preview for end of the year stuff: https://www.warhamme...-black-library/

Novella series 3, an advent art box, more advent short stories, Lone Wolves graphic novel colourised reprint... and a limited mega edition about Space Wolves and which has a connection to one of the above. Lone Wolves sequel?

lAdgVdQIgIEf8L6W.jpg

S4e9QuWQ08eRFVEM.jpg

8P5c9XDpgOJZlnFK.jpg

I'm a a little concerned about the colourisation there, I've seen too many cases where it's been done badly and detracts from the art. The b&w style used for Lone Wolves was pretty good and clearly meant to evoke a certain play of light, particularly in the nocturnal scenes, and I'm not convinced it'll be improved by the addition of colour.

The Necromunda slave ogryn book looks interesting though.

Edited by Sandlemad, 30 September 2020 - 02:00 PM.

• cheywood and Roomsky like this

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

The way its written makes it seem like a fake out. "This year’s limited mega edition also has a link to the cold, white stuff, as well as grey armour, brutal savagery, and one of the other releases above."

The Ork above is also wearing grey armour- so it might be the Orks? 

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,197 posts
A Wintry Surprise
Okay, Christmas is only in winter across half the world, but you can’t deny there’s a certain tradition connecting snowy vistas and the festive season. This year’s limited mega edition also has a link to the cold, white stuff, as well as grey armour, brutal savagery, and one of the other releases above. That’s all we can say for now – join us next Wednesday to find out more…

No no its not going to be a graphic novel...but what will it be? It sounds Space Wolves related for sure from all those hints, but that would rule out ADB's Emperor's Spears 2 as the mega limited edition , or Abnett's Penitent. So something we have not even had a hint of?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users