Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming BL stuff

• Please log in to reply
3110 replies to this topic

aa.logan

aa.logan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts
  • Faction: Kartash’s pious stink

Conlin voicing Ghazghul at some point soon, apparently.

o.O

source.

tinfoil hat
( stares at the future, perhaps, conlin is doing a GHAZ video for 40k? beast ghaz vid)

Twitter. I’ll not say more in case the person who said that shouldn’t have.
  • Triszin likes this

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,197 posts

It looks like Sons of Selenar (LE) novella will be getting released this Saturday!

65 USD, that';s gonna be one of those super expensive 40 pound novella's.

I'll wait for the regular hardcover in a few months.

Malkydel

Malkydel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
https://www.spotligh.../6696-1277-7883

2019, Voice Over, Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, SAGA OF THE BEAST, Games Workshop (Black Library), Matthew Renshaw

So likely for the multi-disc audio teased at the Weekender
  • Triszin, aa.logan, DarkChaplain and 1 other like this

"I've seen into the hell behind reality. It stole my sense of humour."

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,503 posts

I wonder if it'll include Yarrick and Helbrecht.

No author info, huh?

Edited by DarkChaplain, 07 January 2020 - 04:42 PM.

Malkydel

Malkydel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

No author info, huh?

If it's the same audio they teased at the Weekender, the SW multi-disc one, then it's David Annandale
https://www.warhamme...ves8srtdhdf.jpg

Edited by Malkydel, 07 January 2020 - 09:34 PM.

"I've seen into the hell behind reality. It stole my sense of humour."

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,057 posts

Calling it now- Selenar is another patent pending McNeil trainwreck about Sharrowsue the special snowflake and his merry band of muppets.

No, I'm not bitter about the fiasco that was Seventh Serpent why do you ask.

• Jareddm likes this

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,797 posts

https://www.spotligh.../6696-1277-7883

2019, Voice Over, Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, SAGA OF THE BEAST, Games Workshop (Black Library), Matthew Renshaw

So likely for the multi-disc audio teased at the Weekender

I emailed him as a heads up, I dont want him potentially getting introuble because of warhammer fans.

Derp. -.-

Edited by Triszin, 08 January 2020 - 09:28 PM.

• Kelborn likes this
banana

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,724 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

No author info, huh?

Yarrick will get swatted aside and spend most of it in a coma. Helbrecht and the Black Templars fight to the brick of annihilation until Calgar and the Primaris show up to reinforce them, which is seen as divine intervention. Helbrecht becomes a Primaris.
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,503 posts

Calling it now- Selenar is another patent pending McNeil trainwreck about Sharrowsue the special snowflake and his merry band of muppets.

I'll still make the argument that The Seventh Serpent was reasonably decent, and Sharrowkyn not actually a mary sue, or even overpowered. His position as a character uninvolved with Meduson helped him greatly, not being an Iron Hand and such. He's also a Mor Deythan, which explains his shadowskipping powers. The only real issue with that was that, at the time of Angel Exterminatus and The Seventh Serpent, ForgeWorld hadn't gotten around to release their book for the Raven Guard yet, and Gav Thorpe's Corax novellas were limited edition, meaning the Mor Deythan concept wasn't actually well-explained to the readers. More down to scheduling conflicts than intent, I'd wager.

And if it's about somebody having a purpose for Nykona in mind yet, as per the end... well, yeah, that's most assuredly what we'll be seeing in Sons of the Selenar, and will likely also involve that big baddie somehow. Quite sensible, to pay out on what was set up, innit?

• dcye, hopkins and Kelborn like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,797 posts

No author info, huh?

If it's the same audio they teased at the Weekender, the SW multi-disc one, then it's David Annandale
https://www.warhamme...ves8srtdhdf.jpg

is there any new info on this one? the wolf audiodrama

banana

Xisor

Xisor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts

I'll still make the argument that The Seventh Serpent was reasonably decent, and Sharrowkyn not actually a mary sue, or even overpowered. His position as a character uninvolved with Meduson helped him greatly, not being an Iron Hand and such. He's also a Mor Deythan, which explains his shadowskipping powers. The only real issue with that was that, at the time of Angel Exterminatus and The Seventh Serpent, ForgeWorld hadn't gotten around to release their book for the Raven Guard yet, and Gav Thorpe's Corax novellas were limited edition, meaning the Mor Deythan concept wasn't actually well-explained to the readers. More down to scheduling conflicts than intent, I'd wager.

And if it's about somebody having a purpose for Nykona in mind yet, as per the end... well, yeah, that's most assuredly what we'll be seeing in Sons of the Selenar, and will likely also involve that big baddie somehow. Quite sensible, to pay out on what was set up, innit?
"It's explained by... Something that isn't an explanation"?

To be honest, Sharrowkin & the Space Ninjas annoy me in a way I would not have expected. I love exceptional characters, and I tend to love wise-cracking mavericks too.

I'm not sure I've ever quite managed to put my finger on why this bugs me in such a tremendous way.

But it does bug me. And reading more about the Sisypheus Friends, or people's varying, detailed and well argued apologetics on the matter, has not yet improved anything about it.

Edited by Xisor, 08 January 2020 - 06:02 AM.

• Lord_Caerolion and Red_Shift like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,222 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

Sharrowkin - love or hate him

But do so in the upcoming Selenar thread or in one of numerous others here on BnC in which his existence already birthed discussions. msn-wink.gif

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts

It looks the amazing Coming Soon page was somewhat updated.

Warriors and Warlords - 18.04.

Warriors and Warlords

Inferno 5 - 04.04.
Inferno 5

I hope the stories in the Warriors and Warlords are new, or at least half of them.

Edited by theSpirea, 08 January 2020 - 08:43 PM.

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,193 posts
I’ve completely given up on BLs coming soon section if it wasn’t for the good folks on here announcing releases I wouldn’t have a clue,

A little off topic so I hope I’m forgiven but Dan Abnett has written a silver surfer one shot as part of the annihilation scourge. It’s fantastic. My all time favourite comic character written by Abnett is pretty cool.

Anyway.....can’t wait for the refresh derby on Saturday for Sons of Selenar. Nightmare

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

I’ve completely given up on BLs coming soon section if it wasn’t for the good folks on here announcing releases I wouldn’t have a clue,
A little off topic so I hope I’m forgiven but Dan Abnett has written a silver surfer one shot as part of the annihilation scourge. It’s fantastic. My all time favourite comic character written by Abnett is pretty cool.
Anyway.....can’t wait for the refresh derby on Saturday for Sons of Selenar. Nightmare

Agreed, and now I'm paranoid that I missed one of "The Primarchs" books. I think I have every one but may have missed Lion.
sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts

Lion El'Jonson: Lord of the First isn't out yet but should be up pretty soon-ish.

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts
I'm convinced I've missed the standard hardback release of First Wall, especially now the next limited edition in the series is up for pre order.

Grey Angel

Grey Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts

I'm convinced I've missed the standard hardback release of First Wall, especially now the next limited edition in the series is up for pre order.

First Wall hardback will be released next month.

Edited by Grey Angel, 11 January 2020 - 10:09 AM.

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts

Good news, you haven't missed that one either. It should be our end of February/beginning of March.

The one up for pre-order now is Sons of Selenar. It's a novella, it's not the 4th book in the Siege of Terra series. We're getting standard hardback of Sons of Selenar probably mid April.

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,193 posts

This isn’t the next in the series it’s a little novella. The first wall isn’t out yet in general release until early spring I think.

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,503 posts

Mephiston: Blood of Sanguinius is now listed on Audible for release on February 1st. Funnily enough, they screwed up the cover file:

Spoiler

....yeah. Seems about right, doesn't it? :')

The upcoming Imperial Fists Space Marine Conquests novel is also getting one, being Fist of the Imperium. Out the same day.

Strange that they'd do another SMC audio when they skipped over all but Devastation of Baal and Apocalypse, with the latter getting one to tie into the Apocalypse refresh, I'd assume.

• Roomsky and JH79 like this

Grey Angel

Grey Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
The Horusian Wars: Incarnation Is finally getting a limited edition release next Saturday!
  • Knockagh likes this

malika666

malika666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,049 posts
Any info on more Gaunt's Ghosts audiobooks? I just finished Ghostmaker, I need part 3!!!

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

JH79

JH79

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 425 posts
  • Faction: Wardens of Darkness

Void Stalker just dropped over on Audible... also looks like Mephiston's cover art has been fixed.

@malika666 - assuming that Black Library don't want to blow their Ghosts load in one hit i would assume something along the lines of bi or tri monthly releases... speaking of older material we're also due Ahriman's trilogy which, if i were to hazard a guess, will follow on the heels of the Nightlords and maybe start around March. 2020 should hopefully be a good year to help fill out the audio back catalogue!

• malika666 and Ubiquitous1984 like this

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,503 posts

Hopefully they'll also continue Cain and Gotrek & Felix asap. Also still missing Beasts in Velvet and Silver Nails, come to think of it.

I'm frankly more excited to pick up new/audio editions of old back catalog novels than entirely new releases lately. Re-reads can be fun, especially when done with a different format, and some stuff I skipped entirely getting re-released is always nice. I never got to Ahriman past Exile and shorts, and I read that first novel when it originally released, so I'm stoked for that popping up.

One day they might even record a Fehervari... I can dream, right?

Edited by DarkChaplain, 22 January 2020 - 11:12 AM.

• Xisor, Felix Antipodes and Ubiquitous1984 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users