Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming BL stuff

• Please log in to reply
2996 replies to this topic

malika666

malika666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,023 posts
Besides...Abnett's little corner of the 40k universe (Eisenhorn, GG, etc) is just too cool. It's beyond mere bolterp0rn and blatant product placements.

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Ubiquitous1984

Ubiquitous1984

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts

The increase in audio book availability is fantastic, long may it continue.  

• JH79 likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,154 posts
Once again ebay flooded with copies of Incarnation. Only 750 copies and yet the filthy scalpers have secured a stack of them. Glad I got mine but once again collectors are being hit by profiteers.

RedFurioso

RedFurioso

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 255 posts

Once again ebay flooded with copies of Incarnation. Only 750 copies and yet the filthy scalpers have secured a stack of them

Surely GW can track em down using the numbers on limited editions (scalpers show it on ebay) and don't sell books to those people in the future.
Surely they will not do so.

• Lucerne and Taliesin like this

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts

Once again ebay flooded with copies of Incarnation. Only 750 copies and yet the filthy scalpers have secured a stack of them

Surely GW can track em down using the numbers on limited editions (scalpers show it on ebay) and don't sell books to those people in the future.
Surely they will not do so.

Not sure that would be legal in every region. At least in the US consumers have a right to resell things they own (and the US is very mediocre when it comes to consumer rights). Either way it would be wasted effort unfortunately. New email, new credit card, and a friend’s address or a PO Box makes you a new customer. GW could track IP addresses I guess, but even that’s easy to fool unless you’re engaging in far more nefarious behavior than buying books.

G_R_H

G_R_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts
It is infuriating though innit, I’m down the Vulkan primarch Novella and First Wall from those two respective series and I’m looking at over £200 to update each collection.

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,154 posts

It is infuriating though innit, I’m down the Vulkan primarch Novella and First Wall from those two respective series and I’m looking at over £200 to update each collection.

Send GW an angry email. It’s the only way they will hear you. They certainly aren’t trawling b&c to gauge the mood.
Was this one on sale at the weekender?

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,184 posts

It wasn't, this was just released.

I have a feeling btw that BL are being more tight lipped ( even more) about upcoming releases than usual.

The Amazon listings haven't bene updated in some time. The Coming Soon section actually seems to become even less useful every month, listing products only once they have been well and truly been known for for some time, there is never even a novelty on it.

BL had an article on 2020 upcoming books on warcom last week or so with Neil that revealed....nothing at all.

Honestly if it wasn't for the great info we got at the the Weekender it would be a complete drought.

• Felix Antipodes, Lucerne and RedFurioso like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,682 posts

I wonder when more information on annandales space wolf audio drama collection thing will be released.

banana

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 227 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos
Anyone read any JC Stearns? Are they a good writer? Oubliette going on order next weekend seems interesting

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,461 posts

Warhammer Community confirms an audiobook for The Oubliette too, yay!

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,005 posts
Wonder why Oubliette & Sepulturum are premiering in hardback? Maybe Horror sales have been good enough to give BL confidence these will sell? I want both (they sound good) but will be waiting for paperback. House of Night & Chain was great (prob Annandale’s best book) and I loved the old school paperback style so want these to match.

Xisor

Xisor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,222 posts

Wonder why Oubliette & Sepulturum are premiering in hardback? Maybe Horror sales have been good enough to give BL confidence these will sell? I want both (they sound good) but will be waiting for paperback. House of Night & Chain was great (prob Annandale’s best book) and I loved the old school paperback style so want these to match.

Not an answer, but Castle of a Blood was hardback too, albeit small-hardback.

Edited by Xisor, 27 January 2020 - 07:48 AM.

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts

I think the reason they do some books in hardcover is to appeal to a wider audience. There are people who buy only hardcovers and there are people who buy only paperbacks. I guess they took the safer road to start with paperbacks and the sales are looking good so they decided to throw a few hardcovers in as well. At least that's my theory.

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,242 posts
@ Boytoy

Stearns is markedly better than the likes of Kyme, Thorpe, Swallow

The Oubliette is quite solid

...all IMO of course
  • Boytoy likes this

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts

@ Boytoy

...all IMO of course

Well, Kyme is getting Sepulturum hardcover next month. And I honestly haven't even heard of Stearns before Maledictions. Can't even find what he published before getting into WH.

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts

@ Boytoy

...all IMO of course

Well, Kyme is getting Sepulturum hardcover next month. And I honestly haven't even heard of Stearns before Maledictions. Can't even find what he published before getting into WH.
He’s written one or two Dark Eldar short stories outside of Warhammer Horror. One of them showed up in Inferno (volume 2 maybe). Pretty good in my mind, more for the plotting and knowledge of the Dark Eldar than the prose (not that the prose was bad by any means).

Edit: if you mean before getting into Warhammer in general I don’t think he’s published much. I found an old blog that mentioned 3-4 short stories but it seems abandoned.

Edited by cheywood, 27 January 2020 - 05:59 PM.

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts

Yeah, that's what I meant, before and outside of WH. I vaguely remember that story in Inferno 2. The book is coming out next month and I'm getting it right away. Will look nice next to Castle of Blood.

• cheywood likes this

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts

Yeah, that's what I meant, before and outside of WH. I vaguely remember that story in Inferno 2. The book is coming out next month and I'm getting it right away. Will look nice next to Castle of Blood.

Ah my bad, the acronym messed me up. I’m interested in The Oubliette as well. Grabbed the ebook from the advent calendar but not sure when I’ll get around to it.

Edited by cheywood, 27 January 2020 - 06:20 PM.

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,461 posts

Audible lists The Oubliette now, release on the 8th, read by Katy Maw, who doesn't appear to have any Audible listings at this point and as far as I'm aware hasn't worked with BL before (unless I missed some credit on an audio drama, but then, BL's site is terrible with crediting the voice actors in a lot of cases). She does, however, have an extensive list of jobs and roles on her website, so I'm curious what she'll bring to the table here.

dcye

dcye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts

Has there been any news on the Lion Primarchs Limited? I'm worried I'm gonna miss it.

Crowl

Crowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

Has there been any news on the Lion Primarchs Limited? I'm worried I'm gonna miss it.

I was going to ask the same. I'm worried too.

"...if you do, then you are bound by the authority of this mark to disclose it"

mycelium guy

mycelium guy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts

I'm fairly sure they said it would be released as a part of the black library celebration weekend in February much like the Angron book was last year if I am remembering it right.

So I guess keep your eyes open for news about that event, it should be fairly well talked about I would assume so hopefully you wont miss it too easily.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,260 posts
You can sign up for the black library email updates which at least goes out with the pre orders and gives you a fighting chance of getting to the web store on time.

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

First chapter of Sepulturum is available to read. Why is BL randomly previewing a not-particularly-anticipated book two months before it comes out? Your guess is as good as mine. Nice to see them doing it though. I’d love to see preview chapters on Warhammer Community regularly.

The post also confirms the BL Celebration will be on the 29th of February. The Lion LE, In The Regent’s Shadow and Kal Jerico: Sinner’s Bounty are all coming out that weekend I believe. There’s mention of some surprises coming during the week as well.

Edited by cheywood, 29 January 2020 - 01:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users