Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming BL stuff

• Please log in to reply
3110 replies to this topic

dcye

dcye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts

You can sign up for the black library email updates which at least goes out with the pre orders and gives you a fighting chance of getting to the web store on time.

I do get the email updates, I just thought it was supposed to be January for some reason and maybe I'd missed one or something. I missed Angron last year and had to pay like $200AUD for one on eBay so I'd rather not do that again 😭

Edited by dcye, 29 January 2020 - 02:09 PM.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts

You can sign up for the black library email updates which at least goes out with the pre orders and gives you a fighting chance of getting to the web store on time.

I do get the email updates, I just thought it was supposed to be January for some reason and maybe I'd missed one or something. I missed Angron last year and had to pay like $200AUD for one on eBay so I'd rather not do that again

Yeah I know it's not an ideal situation. It's one reason I never went for limited editions as you run the real risk of missing out on one in the middle of your collection. If they ever do a Dorn book though I'll try to be ahead of everyone else, hitting that refresh button!
  • DarkChaplain likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,193 posts

I do get the email updates, I just thought it was supposed to be January for some reason and maybe I'd missed one or something. I missed Angron last year and had to pay like $200AUD for one on eBay so I'd rather not do that again 😭

The emails are brilliant, sometimes you get them only an hour after the books are released and sometimes they still haven’t sold out! Woop woop

dcye

dcye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts

I do get the email updates, I just thought it was supposed to be January for some reason and maybe I'd missed one or something. I missed Angron last year and had to pay like $200AUD for one on eBay so I'd rather not do that again

The emails are brilliant, sometimes you get them only an hour after the books are released and sometimes they still haven’t sold out! Woop woop

Aye that's the reason I didn't start collecting the Siege Limited Editions. The first one was sold out before I even got the email haha.

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,503 posts

Valdor should be out on March 28, going by the new Audible listing. Good that they list it so far in advance, though I question the point, when other audiobooks only pop up on release, or sometimes even late. All I want is for them to announce the next Cain and G&F audios so I can continue my re-read adventures asap....

• Ubiquitous1984 likes this

Roomsky

Roomsky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,032 posts

Valdor should be out on March 28, going by the new Audible listing. Good that they list it so far in advance, though I question the point, when other audiobooks only pop up on release, or sometimes even late. All I want is for them to announce the next Cain and G&F audios so I can continue my re-read adventures asap....

Perhaps a delayed audiobook release? I've already picked up a copy of the non-limited edition (it's good, btw).

My webcomic, "Human," can be read here.

[WARHAMMER IS FOR EVERYONE]

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

Perhaps a delayed audiobook release? I've already picked up a copy of the non-limited edition (it's good, btw).

Wait, really? I thought it's not out until next week?

Grey Angel

Grey Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts

Warhammer Conquest subscribers can get an exclusive novella next month Blade Oath by Andy Clark, it’s about Silver Templar’s during the Plague War!

• Kelborn likes this

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 312 posts
Well that sucks, I really enjoy Andy Clark and wouldnt mind him covering a minor chapter
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Roomsky

Roomsky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,032 posts

Wait, really? I thought it's not out until next week?

My bookstore stocks from a bizarro dimension that got Spear of the Emperor a month late but put Valdor on the shelves before you could pre-order it off the website.

• fire golem, mr.crusader and MegaVolt87 like this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts

Well that sucks, I really enjoy Andy Clark and wouldnt mind him covering a minor chapter

I wouldn't worry, GW 'exclusives' end up released in a different format sooner or later.

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts

So I got an email yesterday from Black Library that said the coming soon section had been updated through May- but that appears to not have actually happened on their website haha.  All you can do at this point is laugh I suppose.

The pic in the email shows three new books, one of which is the Lion, so that's at least something!

-edit

Also Valdor was supposed to be up for pre-order this weekend, and the paperback version is up on Amazon, but not on the BL store and there is no advertising for it whatsoever.  It has been taken off the coming soon section though.  ?

Edited by caladancid, 02 February 2020 - 04:47 AM.

• Prot, MegaVolt87 and Ubiquitous1984 like this

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 509 posts
https://www.warhamme...rarycomingsoon/

The coming soon page has finally been updated. Relatively small update. The new 40k/HH books are:

Valdor: 21st March (pretty ridiculous to list it as coming this weekend then change it to a month later, BL needs to get their stuff together on the marketing side as always)
Manflayer: 25th April
Sons of the Selenar: 25th April
The Lion: 23rd May
Soulless Fury (Necromunda): 23rd May

Also the next two Warhammer Adventures books are listed for the 23rd of May and Lady of Sorrows (AOS) for the 25th of April.

Edited by cheywood, 03 February 2020 - 11:23 AM.

• caladancid likes this

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,197 posts

So I got an email yesterday from Black Library that said the coming soon section had been updated through May- but that appears to not have actually happened on their website haha.  All you can do at this point is laugh I suppose.

The pic in the email shows three new books, one of which is the Lion, so that's at least something!

-edit

Also Valdor was supposed to be up for pre-order this weekend, and the paperback version is up on Amazon, but not on the BL store and there is no advertising for it whatsoever.  It has been taken off the coming soon section though.  ?

It's been updated now I see. Manflayer by Reynolds in late April looks like the main new release.

• caladancid likes this

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,503 posts

I hate that they're still letting Kelly butcher Farsight. Had a real sense of dread when they listed it on WHC yesterday. Intrigued by Lady of Sorrows, as Lady Olynder has never really resonated with me as a character. Manflayer stands out as hugely exciting. Sepultrum and Anathemas are already preordered via Amazon.

But that Necromunda novel, Soulless Fury? Feth me sideways, I love that cover. It's so patently ridiculous, it's hard not to appreciate.

• cheywood and Shinros like this

Shinros

Shinros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 277 posts
  • Faction: Genestealer cults

I hate that they're still letting Kelly butcher Farsight. Had a real sense of dread when they listed it on WHC yesterday. Intrigued by Lady of Sorrows, as Lady Olynder has never really resonated with me as a character. Manflayer stands out as hugely exciting. Sepultrum and Anathemas are already preordered via Amazon.

But that Necromunda novel, Soulless Fury? Feth me sideways, I love that cover. It's so patently ridiculous, it's hard not to appreciate.

Agreed, difference is I like Lady Olynder and I am not all that confident with CL werner considering his other stories, but Soulless Fury is capturing my interest with a cover like that. Also a question DarkChaplain, I've been reading up on Necromunda, do you have any book recommendations? 

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 509 posts

Agreed, difference is I like Lady Olynder and I am not all that confident with CL werner considering his other stories, but Soulless Fury is capturing my interest with a cover like that. Also a question DarkChaplain, I've been reading up on Necromunda, do you have any book recommendations?

Not DC (obviously), but Josh Reynolds’ Kal Jerico: Sinner’s Bounty is great. I grabbed the LE after seeing it hadn’t sold out within the first day and am very glad I did. I haven’t read anything Necromunda besides a few short stories and it introduced the setting very well.
  • Xisor, aa.logan and Shinros like this

Xisor

Xisor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts
Edit: what's up with CL Werner's other stories!?

---

I think I like everything I've read Necromunda wise. Not always "loved", but definitely not resented reading it. (In contrast, say, to "disappointing" HH novels.)

The Kal Jerico originals are pretty pulpy romps, and haven't exactly dated brilliantly, but they're a fun glimpse into things probably well left in the '90s!

Sinner's Bounty is ace, anything Mike Brooks is a great shout, I'm really enjoying Terminal: Overkill, even though I'm only reading it very slowly and infrequently due to odd habit reasons.

The old novels and shorts, however, are usually great shouts.

Farrer's "Junction" and (brace yourselves) CS Goto' s "Salvation" are actually a lot of fun indeed.

Denny Flowers' novella is a very good yarn.

The only thing I've not hugely cared for is "Scar Crossed Lovers", one of the shorts in "Underhive".

The old anthology, "Status: Deadzone" was surprisingly decent, incidentally.

Only one I've got outstanding to read is Lucien Soulban's novel and - as said--to finish Terminal:Overkill. But I'm looking forward to those, so no trouble there.

---

It's a very different 40k, more pulpy, more personal, varying between more miserable and more silly, but I find them a great contrast to the more dour and earnestly serious bigger 40k stories.

Edited by Xisor, 03 February 2020 - 02:27 PM.

• aa.logan, cheywood and Shinros like this

Roomsky

Roomsky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,032 posts

Valdor: 21st March (pretty ridiculous to list it as coming this weekend then change it to a month later, BL needs to get their stuff together on the marketing side as always)

Well, certainly grateful my local bookstore didn't get the memo. Probably the most egregious error BL's managed in a while, though.

• caladancid and Ubiquitous1984 like this

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,503 posts

I've not read a single thing from the current load of Necromunda stories (yet), I believe, so I'm afraid I have nothing to offer right now.

As for Werner, I actually rather like his books, generally. His WHFB stuff has been mostly excellent, with my biggest disappointment being his Darkblade finisher for The End Times (while the short that was supposed to tease a return of Darkblade as a new series a few years earlier was great). I absolutely hated his Realmgate Wars: Wardens of the Everqueen, though. It had so many canon conflicts and followed a really tiresome battle-after-battle-after-battle structure, all while squandering the potential Josh Reynolds had set up in that storyarc before.... Yuck.

His Castle of Blood was great and a solid addition to Warhammer Horror, though.

That Valdor screw-up is certainly funny, though. I wonder if there was a production error that delayed things?

Edited by DarkChaplain, 03 February 2020 - 04:34 PM.

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts

I've not read a single thing from the current load of Necromunda stories (yet), I believe, so I'm afraid I have nothing to offer right now.

As for Werner, I actually rather like his books, generally. His WHFB stuff has been mostly excellent, with my biggest disappointment being his Darkblade finisher for The End Times (while the short that was supposed to tease a return of Darkblade as a new series a few years earlier was great). I absolutely hated his Realmgate Wars: Wardens of the Everqueen, though. It had so many canon conflicts and followed a really tiresome battle-after-battle-after-battle structure, all while squandering the potential Josh Reynolds had set up in that storyarc before.... Yuck.

His Castle of Blood was great and a solid addition to Warhammer Horror, though.

That Valdor screw-up is certainly funny, though. I wonder if there was a production error that delayed things?

The Valdor fiasco is so strange! I haven't bought a physical book from BL in years but I ordered it from Amazon and it shipped yesterday.  So no clue what BL is going on about with their release schedule.

I am a CL Werner fan.  His Brunner the Bounty Hunter and Witch Hunter series for WHFB are some of my favorites.  From the 40k side, I really liked Cult of the Warmason.  Castellax not so much, but can't win them all.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts
First wall still not listed in the coming soon section. What is listed is a bit meh, in my opinion. Still no sign of the next Gotrek collection either. Unless they are hiding some big titles I might end up saving some cash for the next few months.

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 587 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

Just saw Manflayer is coming soon, pardon me while I squee like a small child.

• Xisor, mc warhammer, Sandlemad and 3 others like this

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

mc warhammer

mc warhammer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,633 posts

Just saw Manflayer is coming soon, pardon me while I squee like a small child.

yesssss
  • StrangerOrders likes this

It always amused me that the GW Mail Order ‘Trolls’ as we (starting with me) had always styled ourselves insisted as being rebranded ‘Space Marines’. Why anyone would want to be associated with semi-lobotomized, hypnotically indoctrinated slave-soldiers in thrall to an uncaring (and possibly non-existent) god I couldn’t imagine. - Rick Priestley

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 205 posts

First wall still not listed in the coming soon section. What is listed is a bit meh, in my opinion. Still no sign of the next Gotrek collection either. Unless they are hiding some big titles I might end up saving some cash for the next few months.

I'm actually quite excited for the upcoming months. There are more than 10 books I plan to get, and I'm sure they will sneak in a few not listed in the Coming Soon section.

I'm getting all Horror books, Lady of Sorrow hardback, remaining AoS paperbacks. And of course Manflayer, Lion, Warriors and Warlords, and Inferno 5. That's around 10+ books in 4 months. 

• Xisor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users