Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming BL stuff

• Please log in to reply
3129 replies to this topic

Xisor

Xisor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts
Yeah, I always think "Ah, finally, books that I don't desperately want!"... And then somehow end up with more urgently, excitedly acquired books all the same.

That said, I'm now v hopeful that Divination will get a fancy LE release too, just like Incarnation's gotten.

I almost wish I could go back to being really fussy about what I actually did or didn't read!
  • Knockagh likes this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts
I miss the pulp. Horror has scratched that itch for me recently but I liked the almost throwaway paperbacks BL used to put out. I can get through a novel in a few days, so I prefer my 'big title' reads to be once a month and something I'm invested in, like gg. I will always get books like First Wall or Lion El'Johnson but I like to pick up a few cheap reads a month to space them out. The current list doesn't get me that excited but hopefully there will be a few surprises slipped in. I've enjoyed Inferno and I'm hopeful for the next gg and plague wars sequels. Something about the release schedule kills excitement for me, kal jericho and last chancers should have me really thrilled but because they've been teased for so long my anticipation is more of a sure, I can finally order that type feeling.

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,200 posts

From Amazon, Helsreach is getting a hardcover re-release in December as what looks to be part of a new series.

Black Library presents the Masterworks - a curated collection of novels celebrating the very best science fiction and fantasy set in the worlds of Warhammer.

When the world of Armageddon is attacked by orks, the Black Templars Space Marine Chapter are amongst those sent to liberate it. Chaplain Grimaldus and a band of Black Templars are charged with the defence of Hive Helsreach from the xenos invaders in one of the many battlezones. But as the orks numbers grow and the Space Marines dwindle, Grimaldus faces a desperate last stand in an Imperial temple. Determined to sell their lives dearly, will the Black Templars hold on long enough to be reinforced, or will their sacrifice ultimately be in vain?

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts

From Amazon, Helsreach is getting a hardcover re-release in December as what looks to be part of a new series.

I'm curious if it's going to be similar to 20th Anniversary Editions (regular hardcover, just the price tag a bit higher) or we're getting something fancier.

It reminds me, isn't also Horus Rising announced for this series/Masterworks?

Edited by theSpirea, 05 February 2020 - 03:01 PM.

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 512 posts
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-3/

Celebration announcement post with all the books available.

I think almost everything in there is old info, but they’re putting out 5 short stories the week of the pseudo-celebration so that’s nice.

Edited by cheywood, 05 February 2020 - 03:45 PM.

• Kelborn likes this

aa.logan

aa.logan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: Kartash’s pious stink
Once again they’re being infuriatingly ambiguous (or I’m just not reading properly)- they say the Lion book will be available in stores, but make no mention of its online availablity...

Grey Angel

Grey Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts

Once again they’re being infuriatingly ambiguous (or I’m just not reading properly)- they say the Lion book will be available in stores, but make no mention of its online availablity...

They confirmed that it will be available online on their Facebook page!
  • aa.logan likes this

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,879 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

And it says in the article:

If you can’t make it to a Warhammer store, fear not! All the books and merchandise listed above will be available online – and you’ll get the free Celebration anthology with your order!’

• aa.logan likes this

aa.logan

aa.logan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: Kartash’s pious stink
Me fail English?

That’s unpossible!
  • Xisor, fire golem, hopkins and 2 others like this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts
Will be picking up First Wall and Armageddon Saint for sure. Might go for the event models if the price is good. I do want the event anthology if the story by Danie Ware is new. Not sure I'm so bothered by the pin badges.
  • Xisor likes this

Lazarus Primus

Lazarus Primus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

Is there any reliable way of knowing about the siege of terra releases besides just being aware at 10am on a saturday and constantly refreshing the GW website? I'm honestly getting sick of missing the exclusive book releases.

Malkydel

Malkydel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Is there any reliable way of knowing about the siege of terra releases besides just being aware at 10am on a saturday and constantly refreshing the GW website? I'm honestly getting sick of missing the exclusive book releases.

They're including LE and general BL releases in the weekly "coming next week" posts on WarComm; the ones on a Sunday.

"I've seen into the hell behind reality. It stole my sense of humour."

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts

Found a bunch of upcoming books

Lone Wolf by Dan Abnett / 08-12-2020, Hardcover

Classic Black Library graphic novel, colourised for the first time!
Shadrac - an isolated Imperium world at the mercy of the insidious tyranid menace. All resistance has fallen, all hope has been extinguished. Only one last of survivors remains and their time is quickly running outas more and more of the tyranid host closes in on them. As the alien horde makes its final advance, all that can save them is a miracle. And then is arrives.

Bloodquest by Godron Rennie / 15-09-2020, Hardcover
Part 1 of the classic Bloodquest graphic novel, colourised for the first time!
Exiled for the loss of the fabled Blade Encarmine, Captain Leonatos of the Blood Angels Space Marines and his brave battle brothers set forth upon a quest that would take them halfway across the universe and to the very brink of madness and reason.

Bloodlines by Chris Wraight / 06-08-2020, Paperback

The first title in the new "Warhammer Crime" imprint. Try to unravel the secrets lurking in the sprawling city of Varangantua. In the immense city of Varangantua, life is cheap but mistakes are expensive. When Probator Agusto Zidarov of the city's enforcers is charged with locating the missing scion of a wealthy family, he knows full well that the chances of finding him alive are slight. The people demanding answers, though, are powerful and ruthless, and he is soon immersed in a world of criminal cartels and corporate warfare where even an enforcer's survival is far from guaranteed. As he follows the evidence deeper into the city's dark underbelly, he discovers secrets that have been kept hidden by powerful hands. As the net closes in on both him and his quarry, he is forced to confront just what measures some people are willing to take in order to stay alive...

Uprising by Denny Flowers / 29-09-2020, Paperback

Great collection of stories from the Underhives of Necromunda...

At the poison heart of Necromunda, a sickness festers: where the word of Helmawr is law, the many go hungry&; but murder is cheap, and meat is everywhere, for those willing to take it. While the nobles of the spire sit and watch, bloody-handed gangers war in an endless battle for survival.

The venator Yar Umbra cuts a swathe through Hive Primus, chasing the promise of escape from Necromunda. A cawdor juve, desperate to prove himself, finds a statue of the Emperor that will change his life forever. A corpse guild drudge learns what his superiors are desperate to keep forbidden. And Caleb Cursebound, ninth most dangerous man in the underhive, thief of the Hand of Harrow, flees to the remote mining settlement of Hope&;s End, pursued by those who would see his reputation forever tarnished&;

This anthology contains the novella Low Lives by Denny Flowers, and nine short stories by some of Black Library's finest authors.

Helsreach by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, 08-12-2020, Hardcover
Black Library presents the Masterworks – a curated collection of novels celebrating the very best science fiction and fantasy set in the worlds of Warhammer.

When the world of Armageddon is attacked by orks, the Black Templars Space Marine Chapter are amongst those sent to liberate it. Chaplain Grimaldus and a band of Black Templars are charged with the defence of Hive Helsreach from the xenos invaders in one of the many battlezones. But as the orks numbers grow and the Space Marines dwindle, Grimaldus faces a desperate last stand in an Imperial temple. Determined to sell their lives dearly, will the Black Templars hold on long enough to be reinforced, or will their sacrifice ultimately be in vain?

Daemonifuge - 20th Anniversary Edition by Kev Walker / 01-06-2020, Hardback
20th Anniversary edition of the classic graphic novel, colourised for the first time. Ephrael Stern - Sister of Battle - Daemonifuge! Tainted soul or living weapon against the dark forces of Chaos? Under investigation by the Inquisition, Ephrael Stern and the Inquisitor Silas Hand must place their trust in each other as they emback on a dangerous quest to discover the origins of her power.

The Imperial Infantryman's Handbook by Graham McNeill / 29-09-2020, Paperback

The ultimate introduction to life as an Imperial Guardsman!

Welcome to the Astra Militarum, Guardsman! You don't know it yet, but this book is your new best friend. In its pages, you'll find everything you need to know in order to defeat mankind's enemies and prove yourself worthy of being a trooper in the Imperial Guard. It'll teach you how to march, how to shoot, how to maintain your weapons (and how to request replacements if you misplace yours), and much more. Learn the prayers and benedictions that will protect you from your foes, and how to best kill each of the Imperium's enemies with minimum effort. It's the essential guide for every Guardsman.

CONTENTS
Imperial Munitorum Manual
Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer
The Benedictions of the Emperor

• Kelborn, Roomsky, bluntblade and 1 other like this

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,339 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Delighted if The Infantryman's Handbook is coming back - that's great news! Missed the last reprint/collated edition and have been waiting since in hope.

• DarkChaplain and Preliminary Bombardment like this

bdbspeeddemon.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,522 posts

Same here, was miffed it sold out so quickly. I got my Primer sitting on the shelf, of course, but I wanted the complete thing.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,556 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Lone Wolf in colour? I had a flick through it at the time but missed out on getting it. That's one I want for sure. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,728 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Lone Wolf is fantastic, one of the few examples of both Marines and Guardsmen being presented very well together whilst retaining distinctly 'true' to the background.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts
Does anyone remember if they did book marks at last year's Black Library day? I've got a lovely leather burgundy one from the day a couple of years back and I'm eager to get a spare one in case it should go walkies. Despite having a bit of swag from last year I seem to have missed out on bookmarks, if they were available. Fingers crossed they have them this year.

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,339 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I’m sure that they didn’t - but they were lovely artefacts, and I too would love another! If they were a regular stock item, I’d probably ensure I had a little collection for books on the go.

bdbspeeddemon.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

kamedake88

kamedake88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts

Has there been any word on anyone's radar about the coming of "Darkness In The Blood"? The whole radio silence on the most anticipated books in the line-up is really starting to irk me.

Edited by kamedake88, 19 February 2020 - 12:02 AM.

It's also quite funny to think that countless billions of pilgrims and Marines over the millennia stop at the Temple of Correction to worship at the feet of a giant Slannesh fish nugget. - kamedake88 

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,832 posts
Ya, I keep looking for any new info on David annandales spacevwolf audio set that's all hush hush, and keep finding nothing

Edited by Triszin, 19 February 2020 - 12:27 AM.

banana

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 512 posts

Has there been any word on anyone's radar about the coming of "Darkness In The Blood"? The whole radio silence on the most anticipated books in the line-up is really starting to irk me.

They’re seemingly releasing all the non-heresy standard editions (everything besides the Primarchs and Siege) 6 months after the limited editions. I’d expect it in June just like Spear of the Emperor last year.

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
For those who haven’t read it the excellent Faith and Fire by James Swallow is being serialised in White Dwarf starting this month. It’s over the course of a year which is a little extreme for me but some might go along with it. Brilliant book although I think Hammer and Anvil is better.

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
Interesting new feature on Warhammer community

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-3/

Nothing groundbreaking but it would be nice if this turned into a regular series hopefully filling a few holes in the process.

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts

The upcoming BL Celebration's 2020 short stories have been revealed.

Six tales from the 41st Millennium, the Mortal Realms and the Great Crusade will set you up nicely for Celebration Day. You’ll get a look inside Trazyn the Infinite’s esoteric museum, where a monster is on the loose. You’ll see what happens when a victim of the Ossiarch bone tithe takes matters into his one remaining hand. You’ll witness Rogal Dorn at his darkest, and you’ll also get to read William King’s first-ever Warhammer Age of Sigmar story, an epic tale of the Knights Excelsior. Add in a duel centuries in the making on a T’au Empire sept world and an underwater hunt for a mighty beast, and you’ll have plenty of exciting tales to fill your eReader with.

f75810b2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users