Jolemai

After a long and arduous last month or so, I have my vows semi completed. Wanted to do some greenstuff work and remove those couple lions, but real life intervened. Not sure what could be considered in our out of competition, but hopefully they at least look pretty. First, a Captain in PA with hammer and shield.

He's a fairly minor conversion idea. Mk III armor with a plastic BA chestplate, hammer (from deathwatch sprue?), a stormcast deathmask, and a sanguinary guard wing as a shield.

Next is a Captain in what I'm considering modified Terminator armor. My idea for him is that he's a Terran veteran, hence the almost custodes styled irregular armor (I.e. No bulky hood piece). The laurels in place of an iron halo (and eventually the painted shoulder shield) harken back to his time his company spent attached to the XIIIth before the discovery of the IXth primarch. Influenced heavily by this time, he has an overly keen tactical mind but is sometimes scorned by his brothers for a lack of more artistic pursuits. He reveres Sanguineous but, had it been Guilliman turning instead of Horus, his loyalties may have been sorely tested.

Kinstryfe that shield conversion is one of my favourite things in this whole thread. Simple but I love the aesthetic.

Good luck to all who entered :)

Edited by Code 187

So I got all excited as the banner showed GBBO finalists, I go looking and can't find a finalists thread...

That's because the thread's not up yet. This part of the competition has been hampered by RL stuff for those involved, but it will be up very soon :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...