I still use some of my 2nd Ed paints. In fact they have worked on every single one of my loyalist infantry models as I use the Snakebite Leather pot for some of the basing - still going strong :D The old inks weren't great though, the washes we have now are many times better :P

We don't talk about the 3rd Ed paints... Fortunately I only needed to get a few thanks to the 2nd Ed paint stash I had, but those few turned to rock many years ago.

WF, it's great to hear that you still have some old snakebite leather! I miss the old that color. Its the base color for all my infantries' smocks, pistols, and lasgun casings. XV88 is a close match, but it's still not an exact match (it's slightly darker and has fewer yellow undertones).

A minutes silence for our lost snakebite leather. Such a great colour I used it on so many things back in the day! Never have found an exact replacement but I suppose it's too late now since I've been using other paints for so long. Anyway, I have got some painting done I'll try and remember to snap a (poor) photo to post up tomorrow :)

Surprisingly they all still work, and it kinda suggests how old I am?!

Yer supposed to say, "I got them off of ebay, yeah, ebay. That's where they came from." ;)

I still have a partial pot of Snakebite...what a wonderful color it is.

@Hod. Really nice Death cult Assassin.

@Arkaniss. I'm partial to a red jacketed trooper. Looking forward to see how these stormies come out

Not got as far on as i'd hoped with these guys, plan was to have the main highlights done not there yet that. That will handled next week, or this weekend if I have the time.

gallery_72518_9307_193058.jpg

Cheers baz! I shall aim to get a decent redcoat force by the time I'm finished ;) I'm tempted to supplement my olde Stormies with the new Scions later, I've seen so many excellent paint jobs for them, really turned my opinion around about them! Might steal the skull look for their masks too as that looks great :tu:

@baz: I never took a fancy to the Scions that came out, still thinking that the metal Kasrkin were some of the best GW IG sculpts ever.

But those Red Skull helmets you did....wub.gif

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey....

There are painted parts all over the painting corner... just the last few pieces to do then I can glue them all together and do the bases then all will be done.

No photos till then :(

Sunday is the deadline! I hope everyone is on target to complete - for those that have, plenty of time to plan phase 3's vow msn-wink.gif

I only realised today how close the deadline is. I got most of the work done today and if all goes to plan I'll get the bases and weathering done tomorrow. That being said I've had phase 3 planned since the start :)

For personal reasons...I have only tomorrow left to complete my vow and as a member of the Commissariat I will not spread lies.... I am concerned. :(

But failure is not an option - tomorrow could be a long night....

For personal reasons...I have only tomorrow left to complete my vow and as a member of the Commissariat I will not spread lies.... I am concerned. :(

But failure is not an option - tomorrow could be a long night....

The Commissariat set the standards, and we follow.

Archived