Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

terminator lists

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Marshal_Roujakis

Marshal_Roujakis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,153 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars Chapter

I used Strike Force Ultra at 1850 pts. with decent effectiveness... just avoid Knights and Equivalent as they can make short work of even SS+TH Assault Termies...

Although, Strike Force Ultra uses a Dreadnought too... but I guess he counts as a grampa Termie...

'No matter the laurels of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are Space Marines, the Adeptus Astartes, the Angels of Death! And more than this.' he said, his voice dropping quiet. 

'We are Black Templars. Victory is its own reward.' - High Marshal Helbrecht - 'The Crusader' - Crusade to the Ghoul Stars -

Spoiler

The Vengeance Crusade Thread

Warhammer 40,000 7th ed. Fast and Furious Version

TRIBUN

TRIBUN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Legion
I ordered the vanilla codex, so I'll see what I can do with not metal guys. :)

dehumanizerpl

dehumanizerpl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
You could use Anvil Strike Force with Land Raider Spearhead, Land Raider command and four auxiliary mechanised infantry with terminators or assault terminators for 1850 pts.

Edited by dehumanizerpl, 11 February 2017 - 11:47 AM.

• Sugarlessllama likes this

Sugarlessllama

Sugarlessllama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Consuls

That is not a bad idea at all.

19.jpg

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,155 posts
  • Chapter Name: Anges de Vindication

Not 100% sure, but I think Dark Angles can have terminators as troops

We can... not really. Courtesy of some bad rules a Deathwing formation will auto-lose the game by having no models on the board at the start. The Terminators themselves kinda suck too. Grey Knights work a lot better.

How do you auto lose?  I don't know the Deathwing rules but wouldn't it be the same as a drop pod army?

Because there's no models on the board at all in a pure Deathwing formation.

+Quod vult valde valt+

Marshal_Roujakis

Marshal_Roujakis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,153 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars Chapter

We can... not really. Courtesy of some bad rules a Deathwing formation will auto-lose the game by having no models on the board at the start. The Terminators themselves kinda suck too. Grey Knights work a lot better.

How do you auto lose?  I don't know the Deathwing rules but wouldn't it be the same as a drop pod army?

What's the ruling on the Death Wing itself?

I thought they have a chance to arrive Turn One similar to Strike Force Ultra or automatically arrive Turn One like Drop Pod Assault... don't have the new DA dex mind you...

Do they have to stay in Reserve until Turn two like standard Deep Striking Terminators?

'No matter the laurels of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are Space Marines, the Adeptus Astartes, the Angels of Death! And more than this.' he said, his voice dropping quiet. 

'We are Black Templars. Victory is its own reward.' - High Marshal Helbrecht - 'The Crusader' - Crusade to the Ghoul Stars -

Spoiler

The Vengeance Crusade Thread

Warhammer 40,000 7th ed. Fast and Furious Version

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,155 posts
  • Chapter Name: Anges de Vindication

What's the ruling on the Death Wing itself?

I thought they have a chance to arrive Turn One similar to Strike Force Ultra or automatically arrive Turn One like Drop Pod Assault... don't have the new DA dex mind you...

Do they have to stay in Reserve until Turn two like standard Deep Striking Terminators?

I'll have to check but I remember the controversy being that they stay in reserve. So you need like, one dreadnought to place at the table out of technicality. 

+Quod vult valde valt+

robofish7591

robofish7591

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 179 posts

Its been a while since I played my Dark Angels, but if I recall correctly, the deathwing force org chart and formation in the new codex are both required to start in reserves.  I think, I'm not 100% sure on this though, you can start on the board if you are dreadnought or in a land raider.  Anything in reserves gets to choose what turn it comes on, but it specifically lists turn 2, 3, and 4.  I was very disappointed in the deathwing rules in the new codex.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users