paint swatch share?

jumai

Just wondering if anyone's interested in sharing colour swatches of their paints. I find these handy to make for myself when I'm planning colour schemes; being able to see other peoples' swatches would also help a lot with matching/comparing colours I don't have or am thinking about buying.

Anyhow here's mine. I just made up a new set, so it seemed like a good time to share. Since my armies are Word Bearers and Beastmen, the Red and Brown/Neutral ranges are the ones I own enough paints in to be worth sharing.

gallery_55880_5095_834957.jpg

gallery_55880_5095_305292.jpg

gallery_55880_5095_568514.jpg

The main colour block for each paint is supposed to show a covering layer. The other two blocks are non-covering layers thinned with water. Since I had a sketchbook laying around, these are on good quality art paper, so the background should be a clean, consistent white.

These colours are mostly either Citadel or Vallejo Model Colour paints, with the following exceptions.

"Air Light Grey" is a Vallejo Model Air paint. "Quinacridone Crimson" is a Liquitex soft body acrylic. "Red Ink" is Vallejo Game Ink. "Flourescent Red" is Demco Acrylic Flourescent Red (student quality paint; probably wouldn't recommend due to chunky pigments).

The second column of red paints are seperate because they're special purpose in some way. I just have them that way for me.

Anyone interested, please post your own!

Archived