+ The Society +

Kastor Krieg

And so is the fate of all witches (unsanctioned by the God Emperor).

Be it at our hands, our Brothers hands, our Sisters hands and even the fickle hands of their own blasphemous (so called) gods.

All Witches must die!!! (the choice of the demise of the witch is your choice, blade, boltgun, flame. All are excellent choices.

Brother-Librarian Zophiel bursts in.

"I heard there are witches to slay!?

Where are they zeolous brothers, that I can commence burning them post-haste!"

Zophiel looks around, his psychic hood glimmering with repressed power, and the inferno pistol in his hand glowly warmly.

He notices several signs detailing the explicit torture and death awaiting all psychic mutant abominations.

Ahh.

Never mind, then.

Brother Templars, I understand your Zeal.

I'll tell you how we don't even need to spend a single bolter round, to kill our Warp-'gifted' (...no matter were the font of power is located.) brothers.

See, as weird as they are, they are Fenrisian Sons. So in a fight, they want to go out and kill something right at the front! Because they think they're special and "blessed", they want to kill something big and important.

Even more so if they march into battle as a group.

During my last campaign we had to face rebeling forces, secretly swayed by Chaos, and a force of xeno witches.

Runepriest Ulfr landed with his drop-pod right in the enemy lines - and while he heavily damaged an enemy Titan with his powers, he was shot to a puddle by mere recruits of the local guard.

Runepriest Gyralt even wrecked the Titan, shortly afterwards. ...but, as a young shaman, he never learned to chop a tree - and never learned to step back when it falls.

Even though Runepriest Ralfson killed one of the xeno witches with a large helmet, its bodyguards killed him in a frenzy.

And Runepriest Asron saved Grimnar himself, by distracting and sabotaging an enemy Baneblade! ...but it was the Spearhead of a squadron of tanks.

And that's how we won AND got rid of our witches, with ZERO work!

TL;DR:

Step 1: Tell the bookworms they're "friends"

Step 2: Send them on a suicide mission of "glory" and "honor" and a "saga-worthy deed"

Step 3: ???? (They die, probably)

Step 4: PROFIT!!!

You pups do not seem to grasp the whole "you shall not soil your soul by consorting with a witch", do ya now?

Hey, it's a cultural thing.

Fenrisian tribes tolerate the demented elders "seeing" things and knowing the unknowable - because you might be old and bonkers one day, too.

(...anyone who gets old on Fenris must be one of the hardest of the hard, anyway - so that feed demands respect in some way)

They babble something, you say "Yea, sure..." and go on with your day.

Same with the Runepriests before and during the battle.

Blood Claws do not listen, because they're already in a frenzy.

Grey Hunters are focused on their tactic and task.

Wolf Guard protect their jarl and know better anyway.

*shrug*

But did Russ not tell all his Brothers that they were not witches, it was different, they do not use the warp, they use the power of the planet, of fenris.

It matters not.

Witch, Shamen, Mystic, Sorcerer, Priest, Warlock, Seer. The name is irrelevant.

furious.gif ALL MUST BURN furious.gif

Note: Or be stabbed, shot, crushed, beaten, thrown out of an air lock or any other suitable death. Note: Emperor sanctioned Psykers must be watched until such time deviancy can be proven. Note: Actual proof is not required.

See below for reference.

"Krrnrrrrrrggghhhh"

Sound of Bolt Pistol being drawn. "Brother Blood Angel. That noise. Are you okay?"

"Yes Brother Templar, it was simply a cough. Harchooo, snyerrrrf."

Sound of Bolt pistol being cocked.

"Brother Blood Angel, your blue armour is covered in a green transluscant viscous fluid. Are you still okay?"

"Yes Brother Templar, fear not, I simply sneezed. Hnnnnggrrraaarrrrggghhh!!!"

BANG. BANG. "DIE WITCH."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brothers, has no one purged a witch in the last month?

*fights to hold back evil comments about getting rid of some particular witch in his life in the last month. The Space Wolf grins from ear to ear, but swallows any comment on his tongue, like good mjod, before speaking*

No, brother... not on the battlefield.

But a certain Psyker Inquisitor will face my forces in the next brawl. I'll make her suffer, no worries...

I was present for an Ork v Ultramarine battle, and must admit to supporting the Orks as the boys in blue were led by a Level 2 Psyker.

Although he was not slain, the Psyker was left with only a Vindicator Laser Destroyer for company. The Orks over ran the Ultramarines, taking control of the planet. 

The witch may have escaped the battle lust of the Orks, but I doubt he could have made it off the planet.

Brothers, has no one purged a witch in the last month?

None worth mentioning, until last night.

In a small points game, my EmpChamp leading a Crusader Squad tore an Aspiring Sorcerer and his Thousand Sons a new one :)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'll have to keep this going.smile.png

The other day a detachment of my St. Katherine's Mechandized Commandery of the Bloody Rose hooked up with two fireteams of my brand new Sisters of Silence to 'purify' a detachment of Dark Angels.

His Librarian and a squad of Terminators safely deep struck behind my lines, (damned teleport homers on bikes anyway).

One of my fireteams of SoS was close enough to chuck a Psyk-out grenade at them. The Librarian rolled 1 on the Perils table, and rolled 8 on his leadership. Since he was within 12 inches of my SoS, he immediately blew up and took four of the five Terminators with him, leaving one lone Terminator looking forlornly at what was left of his friends. (That also took care of the Psychic Phase for the rest of the game).

He didn't feel sad for too long, as my fireteam swept in and the squad leader put him out of his misery with her Greatsword.biggrin.png

It did lead to a question though. The SoS get precision shot and precision strike when there is a psyker in the unit, and can reroll all failed to it rolls. But, since the psyker died during the shooting phase, did that cancel that out for hand to hand or not? I decided that it probably had, and played it that way, (since it was just a friendly game anyway), but I would be interested in what others think. unsure.png

So...you guys run around putting 'witches' on pyres, fire of righteousness. Interesting however I serve the Emperor. He is our father and not a god but a man who excelled with his skills and abilites. I turn down nought a single tool I may leverage against the enemies for they are effective in countering.

However that being said I have not brought one recent, as my armour costs a fair amount of points and many a techmarine is needed to maintain.

However I do give unto you some news for your tomes. I did some weeks past put to rest several of those space wolves priests they so call. However if one deems me a heretic for my service to the emperor then...raise your bolter and chainsword for I am Adeptus Astartes and I shall know no fear!

But seriously though, I did put down between 2 games something like 4+ of those psychic puppy dudes who found it funny to living storm me several times. Just giving you boys some kills to tally since I don't want 'em XD Consider me a part timer! (I'll try and find you boys a magnus alright!)

I turn down nought a single tool I may leverage against the enemies for they are effective in countering.

+ NO REST FOR THE WICKED. NO RESPITE FOR THE TAINTED. SUFFER NOT A WITCH TO LIVE! +

I turn down nought a single tool I may leverage against the enemies for they are effective in countering.

+ NO REST FOR THE WICKED. NO RESPITE FOR THE TAINTED. SUFFER NOT A WITCH TO LIVE! +

Must suck walking to fights then as I assume you have purged all Navigators and Astropaths from your Crusade? ;)

Must suck walking to fights then as I assume you have purged all Navigators and Astropaths from your Crusade? msn-wink.gif

Navigators are not psykers, Navigators are sanctioned abhumans. Astropaths are sanctified by a communion with the Emperor himself. Silence, heretic.

Must suck walking to fights then as I assume you have purged all Navigators and Astropaths from your Crusade? msn-wink.gif

Navigators are not psykers, Navigators are sanctioned abhumans. Astropaths are sanctified by a communion with the Emperor himself. Silence, heretic.

NOTE: since I'm going into full Ministorum mode here, I'd like to say that irl I find the idea of treating someone simply as a tool rather than a human being utterly repulsive. I hope to the Emperor that no one actually takes offence from the following.

As an educated member of the Ministorum, I must point out that Navigators are in fact psykers, tainted by the Immaterium. However, unlike other psykers, it is not actually possible to get anywhere without them, just as it is impossible to communicate across vast distances without the aid of an Astropath. It is an unfortunate fact of life that the usage of such individuals is unavoidable. However, that is not to say they are to be trusted, or even treated as an equal. They are required to do their duty, and stay out of the way otherwise. Anything more, and they are to be cast out as the heretical scum that they are, the small grace bestowed upon them by their service cast off. On outside of Navigators and Astropaths, no psychic taint is required at all, praise be to Him on Terra, and so we shall see that none enters in. Believing that a Navigator is not a witch is simply delusion, and one that I cannot abide. They are a witch, and, unfortunately, they have their place in His Imperium. In all other regards, burn the witch; Imperator Vult!

But mutants are to be abhorred too...

Coming from someone clinging to 3rd-5th edition lore, the basis for the Black Templars and their ZEALOUS ilk hating the witch is laid down in Sigismund not willing to deviate at all from the direct commands of the Emperor. Not even for his own Primarch, let alone Guiiliman.

Thus, the council of Nikaea was never rescinded by Him, so witches are still forbidden. The Crusade was never ended by Him, so it continues. The Emperor never said to break up the Legions, so we won't. He said He is not a God, so that's what we believe.

Navigators and Astropaths were sanctioned and approved by Him, so they are allowed.

The BT hate select psykers and tolerate others, simply because the Emperor commanded them to do so. There is little further theology/moral system/logical deduction for why, nor is one needed. There are only His words and commands, even after he has been dead 10,000 years.

Quite literally, Zeal is it's own Excuse.

Greetings brothers and sisters. I see that we're all upholders of the Nikaea Edict here. Allow me to introduce my (unfinished) DIY - the Conflagrators. They're not keen on witches. Or heretics. Or people whinging about 'collateral damage'... :D

Appreciate the shout-out in the OP, Kastor. :tu:

But mutants are to be abhorred too...

Coming from someone clinging to 3rd-5th edition lore, the basis for the Black Templars and their ZEALOUS ilk hating the witch is laid down in Sigismund not willing to deviate at all from the direct commands of the Emperor. Not even for his own Primarch, let alone Guiiliman.

Thus, the council of Nikaea was never rescinded by Him, so witches are still forbidden. The Crusade was never ended by Him, so it continues. The Emperor never said to break up the Legions, so we won't. He said He is not a God, so that's what we believe.

Navigators and Astropaths were sanctioned and approved by Him, so they are allowed.

The BT hate select psykers and tolerate others, simply because the Emperor commanded them to do so. There is little further theology/moral system/logical deduction for why, nor is one needed. There are only His words and commands, even after he has been dead 10,000 years.

Quite literally, Zeal is it's own Excuse.

Good old Lore.

:cussing GW and their shenanigans.

Archived