+ The Society +

Kastor Krieg

The Emperor's not the God of Mankind you say? I can hardly let that slip by.

primes flamer

Burn in shame!

Which is exactly why the BT and SoB both hated each other (in addition to the SoB being descendant from the Brides/Daughters of the Emperor, and being in violation of the spirit of the Decree Passive after the Apostasy, which the BT helped end).

One worships the Emperor as a god, the other as the greatest man ever.

For fanatics, the smallest differences mean the world.

The Emperor's not the God of Mankind you say? I can hardly let that slip by.

primes flamer

Burn in shame!

Which is exactly why the BT and SoB both hated each other (in addition to the SoB being descendant from the Brides/Daughters of the Emperor, and being in violation of the spirit of the Decree Passive after the Apostasy, which the BT helped end).

The Sisters are specifically not in violation of the Decree Passive. The high lords were silly and said "men under arms" and apparently that actually does mean that only men are banned. And when they realized the oversight, Thor convinced them not to change it, so that the Ministorum could have the Sisters, both to serve the Ministorum, and to police it to prevent another Vandire from happening. And I should note that it was the Custodes and the Sisters themselves who actually ended the Age of Apostasy.

But of course, the Emperor is a God, and so you need to go burn. :P

The Sisters are specifically not in violation of the Decree Passive. The high lords were silly and said "men under arms" and apparently that actually does mean that only men are banned. And when they realized the oversight, Thor convinced them not to change it, so that the Ministorum could have the Sisters, both to serve the Ministorum, and to police it to prevent another Vandire from happening. And I should note that it was the Custodes and the Sisters themselves who actually ended the Age of Apostasy.

But of course, the Emperor is a God, and so you need to go burn. tongue.png

Note I said the SIsters violate the original spirit of the Decree Passive, which was to detooth the Ecclesiarchy.

And it was the Black Templars (along with the Imperial Fists) who were the chapters that led the main effort to end The Reign of Blood by beginning the Second Siege of the Imperial Palace. I would imagine that they are also among the main proponents of the Decree.

The uncompromising and fanatical Black Templars wouldn't be happy for the purpose and spirit of the Decree to be sidestepped by wily politics, let alone allowing the heretics to escape justice by sanctioning their continued existence. They aren't forgiving of heretics and traitors.

And of course, the Emperor is not a God, and so you need to go burn too. ;)

Yeah I was just referring to how the marines never actually broke the Ecclesiarchal palace's defenses. They would have eventually. There were about 1000 Sisters left when the fighting ended.

The corruption of the Reign of blood is one of the Sister's driving motivations, especially the Order of the Valorous Heart, my personal favorite. They were decieved, and maybe by rights should have been purged. I think it kinda adds some depth to the organization. Surely Dominica and her 5 companions were redeemed, they saw the Emperor in the flesh (or what's left of it) and lived, and killed Vandire.

And do note that the Sisters are meant to police the Ecclesiarchy (the Ordo Hereticus was created at the end of the Reign of Blood for similar reasons). The Sororitas answer to the Ecclesiarch, but other Ecclesiarchy officials have no actual authority over them(though I imagine Sisters tend to listen when a cardinal talks) per the organizational chart in the 2E codex

As for whether the Emperor is a god? The Templars and Sisters are never going to see eye to eye on that one.

Of course, that might have something to do with the fact that the Sisters average about 5'10" while the Space Marines average about 8' tall. Kind of hard to see eye to eye on anything with that big a difference.biggrin.png

+ TO CHAINSWORD, OR NOT TO CHAINSWORD. THAT IS THE QUESTION +

Brother, that is e rhetorical question.

For the answer is always Chainsword, the only deviations are thus, the chainsword is not a chainsword, it's a Power Weapon. But the answer is still in the positive. Or the chainsword is not a chainsword, it is a Bolter/Flamer. But the answer is still in the positive.

There is only a SINGLE negative answer. That is when the alien/traitor/witch/heretic/mutant has already been killed by said chainsword or burnt by said flamer. furious.gif

For the answer is always Chainsword, the only deviations are thus, the chainsword is not a chainsword, it's a Power Weapon. But the answer is still in the positive. Or the chainsword is not a chainsword, it is a Bolter/Flamer. But the answer is still in the positive.

There is only a SINGLE negative answer. That is when the alien/traitor/witch/heretic/mutant has already been killed by said chainsword or burnt by said flamer. furious.gif

Or another negative answer is - When the Chainsword is a Force Weaponmsn-wink.gif

Or another negative answer is - When the Chainsword is a Force Weaponmsn-wink.gif

Burn.

Burn!

BURN!!!

BURN!!!

BURN WITCH!!!

IT WOULD NEVER, NEVER BE A FORCE WEAPON.

Excuse my outbreak, we Templars do not carry Force Weapons. We use them as lights to guide us to our enemies, for our enemies tend to be holding them.

Archived