Thousand Sons (30k Ahriman added)

Archaeinox

Thanks for the honesty bud! I really hate tanks... A lot.. biggrin.png

Maybe one day I will work on them more but I definitely enjoy the TS minis more so I'm sure that's obvious

Most of the time I run demon allies instead of vehicles so these were a quick way to get some of the formations used.. :\

IMG 20130627 192708

That's how mine look, You could possibly just add some striping to them, or brighten up the blue to match your army. But if you don't like tanks, then you don't and your troops look great, as do your sorcerers.

I'm starting to get some Daemons as well, you should share some pics of yours.

Wow. They do look great and it's been said that the vehicles don't look as if they fit in but I think that's because you did suc a great job on the infantry.

Again I find the speed at which you did these guys to be disturbing and the influence of the warp is strongly evident! ;)

You, Sir, are a thrice damned heretic! You and your warp spawned army deserve nothing but to be purged with bolt, flame and axe.... furious.gif

However, i must begrudgingly acknowledge that you have some very well painted heretics which come together to make a very fine army. unsure.png

I especially like the Fateweaver's wings. However I must echo GKTerminator's sentiments about the tanks.

All in all, very nice. :)

Keep up the good work! i look forward to seeing what you come up with next. :D

Cheers,

GM

Prot, I just uploaded a picture of my Fateweaver in the original post.

Looks beautiful man. Great job. The fade and blend on the wings is ace. Did you use any airbrushing? Or is that washing/wet blending?

really nice stuff. Can't wait to see the horrors/brimstones!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very clean and gorgeous. Man I'm jealous and a little disappointed... I hope we see some more Thousand Sons out of you yet!

I meant to ask you... on the Golds you must put something other than Nuln Gloss in there, right? I mean it looks like there's some Agrax in there?

Base stage: Retributor Armor spray, Agrax (glossy), drybrush Titanium Gold

after that it's Blue and Metallics/other details followed by the glossy Nuln Oil. It's ok if you just cover the entire thing because after it dries you might need to pick out some detail with the Titanium Gold/Silver and do the Yriel Yellow for the lines and Oroboros freehand

Those are fantastic, braziers are a nice touch. Very cool weathering too.

Since you seem to have the Thousand Sons transfer, any chance you could post or PM me a close-up picture of the "Pesedjet" snake icon.  Curious to see how hard it would be to try and freehand it on a tank or rhino.

• 3 weeks later...

30K Ahriman just really reflects the end of a time of innocence to me. I love the model, you've done it really well.

As far as your tanks, I always thought they looked fine. But I immediately saw difficulty in 'blinging' them up so I used a light sprinkling of Thousand Sons FW decals as well... As soon as I saw that glorious sheet of decals I pre ordered it even with the horrendous exchange rate to Canada. lol

Great job.

Archived