Ash Raptors - Raven Guard successor chapter.

Wolf_Lord_Hardrada

• 4 weeks later...

Some pictures! (Via Imgur as I'm having real issues getting their file size small enough to upload) http://imgur.com/a/Ur5Ax

After giving them an ink (agrax) wash I was quite unhappy with how dark their armour had gone but its grown on my now, and I think it works quite well with the purple pads.

Next job will be painting some landspeeders and assembling a drop pod and a scout sniper squad. Then I might get round to buying some kind of HQ...

I should also explain that the 'beak' on the barrel of that first bolter is due to a botch job of drilling the barrels. Most of the rest of the squad went quite well though.

[Edit: Helps if I add the link don't it?]

• 3 weeks later...

Well war009 I took your advice on those pens, picked up the pigma micron 005 and its fantastic! Got my three bare headed marines inked up quite quickly. Not so great on the straight lines aspect of things, but for a first attempt I'm happy with what I've learned.

By now you should be aware of my issues with pics tongue.png But I'll get some taken tomorrow. I'm also very happy with how the skin colour came out, having followed our Lord Rhodes' advice. Makes me want to paint more flesh...which is odd, I hate painting skin!

[Edit: typos]

Archived