Im one of you too! thanks to incredible karma and Celestine

dude163

Hi all. 

I went 1/3 on the new triumvirate box to get the Celestine mini as I made looking Fede to painting it. 

ORIGINAL PLAN : build her up as a slaanesh demon prince for my chaos marines :sad.:

Read the rules and thought imperial may be cool. But I have too many armies as it is , eldar , dark eldar , harlequins , death guard.  I've been working to get 40k going locally after it died out, last year we had 2 people playing every Tuesday , now thanks to effort on my part we had 19 last night. 

So to help out new players I've been donating gear and loaning dice , templates and teaching 7 new ppl. I asked on FB for anyone who had armies for sale to help out new players and got a deal on grey knights that the buyer backed out of after " I'll def buy it off you if you pick it up fir me " so I got 30 GK for 120 CAN 

As I was lamenting about my accidental purchase of Grey Knights a pal at the game store pipes up " too bad you weren't in here yesterday a guy brought in some sisters of battle fir sale, but I gave them to a pal " my 13 yr old daughter wants to start 40k so I thought sisters would be rad 

DANG missed em  !!  But .....That night , my pal messages me   That guy decided he wanted magic instead and he bought the army back would I want it ?  Sure what is there and how much ? 

51!!!!!!! Minis. Holy cow this could be too much " Matt. That's like 800-1000$ !!"  Matt : " dude ,  how about 100-150?"  Me " I played a music gig last weekend and have 105 cash right now or I can get the 45 next week ". Matt. " nope 105$ is good. Come get em !!"   He got them plus half a high elf fantasy army and half a dark eldar army   All for 10$. Flipping the 2 others for 25 each all minis broken ) and mine for 105. Still an AMAZING DEAL !!!

So I grabbed traitor legions last night. Do I still need the sororitas digital ? 

GW is sold out of canoness too. I even called them , anyone have a veryduan extra ?

Do sisters of silence work well with AS I have 5 of them from prospero 

Thanks a lot fir any advice. I've always wanted a sisters army. Now I have the two I wanted , harlequins and AS

Edited by dude163

Edit: Ah, welcome to the B&C! Didn't notice that this was your first post! 

Awesome find! also:

ORIGINAL PLAN : build her up as a slaanesh demon prince for my chaos marines :sad.:

Burn In Shame

Anyway, welcome to the Sisters forum! Here's your flamer and three barrels of the Emperor's Holy Promethium. Just make sure you only use it to burn heretics/mutants/xeno/witches. I'll know if you are doing otherwise. :biggrin.:

Codex: Imperial Agents has all the Sisters rules. It's slightly different from the e-codex, but I consider the changes good ones. You need Fall of Cadia for Celestine's new rules.

From what I can see here's what you have:

Repentia (big chainswords) [9], though I can't tell if you have a Mistress of Repentance. Not a legal unit without one.

Seraphim (jump packs) [6] 1 at least with hand flamers and a Superior with PP/PS 

^not the best unit in the codex, but my favorite :biggrin.:

. . . the rest is a massive blob, and I'm not sure I can make out exactly what's there. I see several Sisters Superior with Power Swords, and what I think is the Canoness with combi-flamer, though it looks like she might be missing the big Ecclesiarchal I from her right hand.

Looks like a good mix! Congratulations! Could you get a list of exactly what's there, or an image with everything lined up so their weapons are visible?

Edited by Servant of Dante

Personaly I would pick up the digital sisters codex if you can because the combined Imperial Agents codex (if I recall, and can't remember what) is missing a thing or two that the digital sisters codex has.  However it has been stated by GW that both the digital sisters codex and IA are valid codexes as it is more of a choice in which one to use.

Edit NM: looking at the comparison thread the only thing missing is Saint Celestine. So esentaly the CIAgents plus the rules for celestine in the box set make the new sisters dex.

Edited by foxlight713

The only thing mission is Celestine, and the Crusaders DCA and Arco-flahellants have been spit off into seperate unit entries. But you can put them back together via a formation and you can get more of each than in the e-dex.

Did I forget anything?

But they cannot be in the same unit? I was hoping to use crusaders as tanks in the front of the unit . 

Also : what can I use as inquisitors/priests etc , or even arco flaggelants? Ill be using sisters of slaughter as DC Assassins 

But they cannot be in the same unit? I was hoping to use crusaders as tanks in the front of the unit . 

Also : what can I use as inquisitors/priests etc , or even arco flaggelants? Ill be using sisters of slaughter as DC Assassins 

No, they can. You can have a bunch (up to a hundred I think) of them in an Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclave Formation, and all the models in the formation form a single unit. You can mix and match crusaders, DCA, and arco-flagellants however you want.

well, GW makes arco-flagellant models. In my opinion they'd be pretty hard to proxy - they have a very distinctive look, but I'm not a fan of proxies in general. 

Inquisitors can look like just about whatever you want, though I personally would avoid using Space Marine heads. Same with priests, though generally they have robes. GW makes priest models too, you could use those as a reference if nothing else.

Thats a good deal you got.

You even have the original canoness with combi flamer in there.

Thats a rare find. I ended up paying 30$ each, on ebay, for two that I own and I considered it a good deal.

In comparaison:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OOP-Citadel-Warhammer-40k-Witch-Hunters-Sisters-Of-Battle-Canoness-/322419102788?hash=item4b11ad1444:g:eM8AAOSwnNBXUnUa

• 4 weeks later...

What is the best way to get sisters tanks ? Convert rhinos ?

The plastic immolator/exorcist sprue comes with enough parts to convert several rhinos (but only one exorcist/immolator per box) - door/roof panels, icons, etc.

A rhino is a rhino so the only converting needed is paint and decals.

Many people like to use Immolators for all the extra bits you get in the kit.  You can then use the Immolator turret or a plain rhino top hatch depending on how you want to use it in a game.

A rhino is a rhino so the only converting needed is paint and decals.

Many people like to use Immolators for all the extra bits you get in the kit.  You can then use the Immolator turret or a plain rhino top hatch depending on how you want to use it in a game.

That's what I'm doing to get more Immolators, the problem being that the turret is at the back (unless you convert a platform to bring it forward some), But the loss of two or so inches range is not a problem for me.

Welcome to the B+C and the Sisters. All that for £50 is a really good deal! :happy.: Now, the most important question is, which Order are you going to paint them as (assuming you're going to strip and repaint them)? :smile.:

The top of the Immolator kit has two large holes.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/sprues/data/1105/medium/P1000331.JPG

It is also used with the Exorcists where the organ is in the first hole while the servator/loader is in the rear.  For Immolators, the turret goes in the front with the fleur de lys  hatch in the back. 

99140108055_Immolator01.jpg

Those holes are also the same size as a rhino's top hatch and pintel.  No need for glue or magnets, just set the one you want to use in the hole.

The top of the Immolator kit has two large holes.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/sprues/data/1105/medium/P1000331.JPG

It is also used with the Exorcists where the organ is in the first hole while the servator/loader is in the rear.  For Immolators, the turret goes in the front with the fleur de lys  hatch in the back. 

99140108055_Immolator01.jpg

Those holes are also the same size as a rhino's top hatch and pintel.  No need for glue or magnets, just set the one you want to use in the hole.

I misread what was put :laugh.: I thought Dude163 was thinking of using a Razorback plate to make Immolators. It's been a long day...:laugh.:

My solution was to buy an exorcist, giving the kit required to build an 1 exorcist and 1 immolator turret. Buying a rhino lets you run an exorcist and an immolator in the pseudo razorback configuration. Before the FAQ  that the immolator had a top hatch firing point became official, I resolved to create a 3d printable top plate.

Link to the top plate CAD model https://tinkercad.com/things/3i2TlQTAIs8

Link to the original thread http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328129-3d-printed-vehicle-top-plate/

IMG 0544

IMG 0545

Here's what I did while the Immo wasn't on the GW store. The turrets came from my Exorcist kits (is it still out of stock? I got two when they re-released it, but still I could use more)

• 7 months later...