Blackadder's Attempt To Build a Lucius Patten Imperator

Blackadder

How big is the deck on that thing? You may he able to use your Titan as a kill team board...

I'm not quite sure how big the deck will ultimately be but for now it's 24 by 17 inches (61 by 43 CM)

Edited by Blackadder

Corner Towers Done......

The basic octagonal structure that is.  There are still two levels of surface detail to apply but aside from the AA cannon emplacements this will be the height of the Imperator version of this Titan. 

z7u8CZ9l.jpg

I'm so confused as to what the seemingly interchangeable names and classes of the Emperor Titans. Initially I set out to build a Warmonger version to match my Lucius Warlord and Warhound (seen here for scale). Lucie was my first major scratchbuild project and she is slightly more robust compared to the Forge World Warhound Version. 

B8BcNAWl.jpg

This aerial view gives a better perspective of the upper deck.

SV2cXJwl.jpg

And finally a head on shot with the various Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii slated to infest the upper works of this monstrosity.

Composite Image:

I've been asked to put this together for an overall image of the work thus far. 

Well it's too tall for the work console I have to stack the two major components, legs and torso, plus the whole thing is front heavy at the moment with none of the rear counterweights installed; I'm figuring the completed model will weigh in the neighborhood of  two Bowling balls overall weight when finished; i.e.32 pounds or about 14.5 kilo. 

aoOOzdXl.jpg

The only other leastwise finished component is the Sunfury Plasma Annihilator which also cannot be mounted until the top and bottom body sections are together.

D6Tumkwl.jpg

But my clumsy photo editing can give you a general idea of where I am heading with this construction.

How big is the deck on that thing? You may he able to use your Titan as a kill team board...

Clear the top, place on floor and you have a second desk.

I'm not quite sure how big the deck will ultimately be but for now it's 24 by 17 inches (61 by 43 CM)

• 2 weeks later...
Emperor Titan Pelvic Block:

My obsession with having the option of posing my creations has worked out previously, My scratchbuilt  Warhound, Warlord, Thunderhawk and Reaver have the ability to be positioned an virtually any configuration even beyond that which is mechanically sound in practice. 

With this newest model I hoped to carry on the tradition but it did open up areas of concern. I designed this model to have no swivel fore and aft as in the Warlord and Warhound. I calculated the weigh of the model above the hips would collapse the hip joints were I to attempt functioning ball and socket joints as I did with the other two Titans.

c9K9SzGl.jpg

With that resignation I began the Pelvic Block this weekend. 

iFhj62Wl.jpg 

My original Pelvic Block seen here was naively small compared to the 1.66 meters tall construction this has evolved to. My original estimate of the height was on the order of a meter tall.

KP3BAfBl.jpg

Yesterday Morning:

The Pelvic Block was about 4 inches square. Now it is about 6 inches by 4 inches and the basic shape is established.

bGo5EXnl.jpg

This side view show the shape of the original Block

bGo5EXnl.jpg

The Lower Body Turntable seated above the Block

U3z32B8l.jpg

And the Turntable and Block temporarily installed on the Hips

xMgbYqml.jpg

This thing literally fell together last night......

COXuhg8l.jpg

Such is the power and convenience of using this waffle material. 

I really love this stuff. Not only is it cheap but it virtually removes the problem of squaring up and truing the angles on large constructions. I could never afforded to build this Titan without this material.

To avoid threadomancy... approximately how much material did you need for the Warlord Titan and the Thunderhawk? I am getting myself fired up to try them myself.

Probably enough to make his wallet have a heart attack.

I have no idea but I limited myself to spending about $20 dollars a month on material and it took me about 18 months to build the Thunderhawk and the Warlord each. I did source the sheet styrene for a wholesale plastic supplier of 0.020, 0.030 and 0.040 inch styrene plastic sheets 3 X 4 foot sheets at about $12 bucks a sheet. My local hobby shop stocked the Evergreen styrene at about $3.60 a packet. and I just kept buying it until I had every thing I needed at the same $20 Bucks limit a month. The best find I made was the Home Depot Egg Crate poly Styrene sheets 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Plaskolite-4-ft-x-2-ft-Suspended-Egg-Crate-Light-Ceiling-Panel-1199233A/202025149

that I have used for my Emperor Titan and would have saved me quite a chunk of change and time construction-wise. I figure the Warlord and the Thunderhawk probably cost overall about $500 dollars together but where else can you get that kind of entertainment for less than $0.60 cents a day.