Blackadder's Attempt To Build a Lucius Patten Imperator

Blackadder

It's been a while since I've posted; we've got a lot of catching up to do....

TqR7uy1l.jpg

This evening I tack glued on the corner pieces to the Pelvic Block just for the pictures shown here 

ukKBjyCl.jpg

So you are seeing in pretty much real time as the following sequence of images just as I assemble it for the first time.

n0TpSkml.jpg

The Pelvic Block is an unremarkable structure that functions primarily as decorative rather than functional. 

NWYuI2Sl.jpg

All the supportive structure of the Pelvis, hips, and joints are encased in the Pelvic Block and are functional without it even being installed the same as with my Warlord Titan (Seen in the background of some of these images.)

NWYuI2Sl.jpg

The First image shows a basic standing pose and sad to say demonstrates that Titans as a group are pretty much dysfunctional when it comes to walking. Titans cannot lift one foot off the ground without toppling sideways because of the immutable laws of gravity. They may be able adopt a toddler's gait but the sight of these behemoths waddling across the battlefield would be ludicrous in the extreme and pretty much negate any awe and terror their size and power might engender.

QiqGbZXl.jpg

TatN3Prl.jpg

Anyway It's fun to speculate about them in spite of their impracticality seen here in the Classic Titan stance.

It's been a while since I've posted; we've got a lot of catching up to do....

TqR7uy1l.jpg

This evening I tack glued on the corner pieces to the Pelvic Block just for the pictures shown here 

ukKBjyCl.jpg
So you are seeing in pretty much real time as the following sequence of images just as I assemble it for the first time.

n0TpSkml.jpg

The Pelvic Block is an unremarkable structure that functions primarily as decorative rather than functional. 

NWYuI2Sl.jpg

All the supportive structure of the Pelvis, hips, and joints are encased in the Pelvic Block and are functional without it even being installed the same as with my Warlord Titan (Seen in the background of some of these images.)
NWYuI2Sl.jpg

The First image shows a basic standing pose and sad to say demonstrates that Titans as a group are pretty much dysfunctional when it comes to walking. Titans cannot lift one foot off the ground without toppling sideways because of the immutable laws of gravity. They may be able adopt a toddler's gait but the sight of these behemoths waddling across the battlefield would be ludicrous in the extreme and pretty much negate any awe and terror their size and power might engender.

QiqGbZXl.jpg

TatN3Prl.jpg
Anyway It's fun to speculate about them in spite of their impracticality seen here in the Classic Titan stance.

It's possible that they have anti-gravity repulsion plates built into the lower pelvic joint to help with this.

Groin Secondary Detail:

Some of the most tedious repetitive structures to make are these Gothic style window frames. There are dozens of these and the sizes are almost all different so you cannot even set up an assembly line. 

2U3lNvHl.jpg

Of course some wag will say cast them or 3D print them but the truth is I cannot afford even the most primitive 3D printer and the casting process involves incompatible materials plus try as I might the casting always stands out as as well looking like the parts were cast.

UeTW2A5l.jpg

No I just have to hunker down and endure the tedium.

Sorry to Disappoint:

But the work just done in no way is reflected in the minuscule advancement in  the images proffered here. While the Groin construction must bear the mass of over half this Titan there is little to be seen indicated in the images presented here. 

oQHm1nzl.jpg

Front and rear projections are but somewhat faithful to M. Joazzz2's  marvelous artistry for, as near as I can, I have of necessity taken certain liberties in the interpretation.

gViXKosl.jpg

The hip area in particular need be somewhat more substantial than the rear projection image offered by  Mr J.

BrSbX79l.jpg

May I be forgiven for the heresy.

• 3 weeks later...
With such an outpouring of interest I had my son come over to help me assemble the two components. 

DH88myll.jpg

The good news is the legs can support the weight of the upper torso. The bad news is it is at the moment rather top heavy. 

w4DmHxNl.jpg

All that will change when I install the rear components and the interior. The model right now is 46 inches tall assembled with I'm figuring another 10 inches more to be added to the superstructure.

The author to scale is 75 inches tall and the 28mm scale Skitarii and the two Space Marines are added for comparison

BA, I hate you in the absolute best way! Your'e a continued inspiration to pretty much everyone on this site and whomever sees pictures of the amazing stuff you put together. Man... so fantastic. I ran out of both superlatives and expletives a long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I finally bit the bullet and purchased the single most expensive component(s) of this model. Namely the Sanctum and Basilicanum Cathedral pieces for the superstructure. 

QO3TFnHl.jpg

There may be those who think I've compromised but once I saw those statues I knew I had to incorporate them into the upper galleries of this Emperor Titan. It was the Sanctum that really put this over the top with the flying buttresses and sentry-like sculptures on the sides.

Q4hbfGGl.jpg

Needless to say I shall be putting my own spin on these prefabricated appurtenances and cannibalizing the spare bitz to decorate the rest of the Titan to conform to the highly detailed Castle Keep.

1RT7ltel.jpg

At least now it can be said that I have officially joined the ranks of the 40K Converters. :D

I´m amazed that i never responded to this topic eventhough I followed your progress since I joined B&C! 

So just to get it over with: You´re doing amazing work it´s stunning what you´re acheiving in this mammoth of a project! And if that´s your start with the decoration/ornaments i´m very exited to see how much overboard you´re going :wink:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the replies....

Hard To Find Time In the Summer:

With all the outdoor activity it's hard to knuckle down and make headway on these projects. Thanks for rainy days.....

Began the Superstructure Breast Works this week and finally managed to finalize the size of the Cathedral decking. I was off by about a centimeter overall but which will be easy to compensate for.

Below are two images from the basic half finished deck breast works....

wI1EYEFl.jpg

gmwVCULl.jpg