Blackadder's Attempt To Build a Lucius Patten Imperator

Blackadder

That looks good, but aren't the angles a wee bit - or a bit - off. Your recreation is far more rounded than the gothic-like angles of the roof in the still.

That's called "Artistic License." Actually the angular roof would have been far more simple to reproduce. 

Never let it be said the Blackadder opts for the easier way to do something. :biggrin.:

Oh, so this isn't just the inner vault to which your going to reproduce the Sistine Chapel, the Apotheosis of Washington (hum, yeah, ok the Emperor), and Leonardo da Vinci's Man?

Central Dome:

The Central Dome will occupy the middle of the superstructure in this model  seen here in a top view image

0GHdunTl.jpg

And in the rough placement on the upper deck:

KDpqBJSl.jpg

Now I need to find the Aquila template from my old Warlord work????

And youll stick a big gun out of that stucture?

Would fit nice under the stairs

A humongous Volcano Cannon will be housed in the central Keep but right now I'm going to indulge myself with some fine detail.

First on the agenda will be an Aquila for the dome.

Edited by Blackadder

And youll stick a big gun out of that stucture?

Would fit nice under the stairs

A humongous Volcano Cannon will be housed in the central Keep but right now I'm going to indulge myself with some fine detail.

First on the agenda will be an Aquila for the dome.

It's an aside in a lot of ways, but the only "official" Imperator model from the old Epic days was armed with a Quake Cannon in the carapace, which also had a "planetary defence laser" mounted atop the central tower.  The surrounding towers were then armed with what were described as "secondary carapace weapons".

The datasheets i've seen for using Imperators in other systems, be it fan-made 40k datasheets, or for Titanicus, suggest that an Imperator carapace can mount any 4No. Warlord-class weapons.

Obviously up to you as it's your grand design, but hope the input is enlightening at the very least.

Also - a new titan class has just been released by the artisans at GW - the Warmaster Heavy Battle Titan.  Bigger than a Warlord, presumably smaller than an Imperator.  There might be some inspiration there as well perhaps?

Other than that, epic as always!

"Armed with a Quake Cannon in the carapace."

"Planetary Defense laser mounted atop the central tower."  

"The surrounding towers were then armed with what were described as "secondary carapace weapons."

"The datasheetsIi've seen for using Imperators in other systems, be it fan-made 40k datasheets, or for Titanicus, 

suggest that an Imperator carapace can mount any 4No. Warlord-class weapons."

Obviously up to you as it's your grand design, but hope the input is enlightening at the very least.

Also - a new titan class has just been released by the artisans at GW - the Warmaster Heavy Battle Titan.  Bigger than a Warlord, presumably smaller than an Imperator.  There might be some inspiration there as well perhaps?

Many thanks for this information and the new Warmaster Heavy Battle Titan.

I did a bit of research and found this:

vvtZQRJ.jpg

Another undersized disappointment from the FW group and I'm not a fan of the Alpha designs at all. It's just a larger version of the "Imperial Knights" IMHO. ;)

Here come the eagles....

No not the 'Lords of the Ring' eagles but the 40K Imperial eagles. 

It took me the better part of this week to make 4 of these plus a paper and plastic template for future use.

Frac3Yrl.jpg

1TwZD4wl.jpg

It hardly looks like a week's production but it's most gratifying to get these done.

rL798Pcl.jpg

Now it remains to glue the pieces to a sheet of 0.010 styrene (seen below with the bodies already glued in place.

And trim to size for the Dome structure previously shown.

"Armed with a Quake Cannon in the carapace."

"Planetary Defense laser mounted atop the central tower."  

"The surrounding towers were then armed with what were described as "secondary carapace weapons."

"The datasheetsIi've seen for using Imperators in other systems, be it fan-made 40k datasheets, or for Titanicus, 

suggest that an Imperator carapace can mount any 4No. Warlord-class weapons."

Many thanks for this information and the new Warmaster Heavy Battle Titan.

I did a bit of research and found this:

vvtZQRJ.jpg

Another undersized disappointment from the FW group and I'm not a fan of the Alpha designs at all. It's just a larger version of the "Imperial Knights" IMHO. :wink:

I tend to agree.  Neither this not the Warbringer Nemesis model really "work" - the aesthetic is wrong and does match upto the venerable Reaver and Warlord at all.

Too top heavy.  Like they've just emptied the weapons bin onto the carapace and then put armour around it.

Just thought it might be inspiration for weapon ideas is all.

The aquilas look good.  Might i suggest a few of the Collegia Titanicus logos as well?

Wow!

What's your plan for this thing once its finished?

Put it on a shelf (Figuratively speaking; it's too big for a shelf.) and let it gather dust. A game involving pieces a big as this would require a gymnasium floor. :D

I just like building them for the fun of it. Thanks for the query.

Wow!

What's your plan for this thing once its finished?

Put it on a shelf (Figuratively speaking; it's too big for a shelf.) and let it gather dust. A game involving pieces a big as this would require a gymnasium floor. :biggrin.:

I just like building them for the fun of it. Thanks for the query.

You could just build about 10-20  more and play a game of titannicus in 40K scale with them?

Two Weeks in the Making:

At this rate it's going to take decades to finish this thing. Hardly the project for someone who's reluctant to purchase green bananas.

But Hey; the fun is in the building and I did have fun creating these eagles.... Not! It was an arduous task principally because I hate repetition.

So here's the result and I'm pretty pleased with it. 

HxySykFl.jpg

All four sides have the same Aquila but each is an individual and I had to chose which one looked best on each side 

lRliuPll.jpg

but for all my angst they all look pretty much the same. 

TJVj8Jbl.jpg

The bird's eye view(groan) shows them off the best.

Martini time, 

Skoal.

Eohippus:

A horse is a horse of course, of course....

Yesterday my better half said this looked like a dinosaur.

Today she said it looked like an Eohippus.... Huh! What do women know. 

I think it looks like a stylized Aquila and I like it.

ca4jaQZl.jpg

And birds descended from Dinosaurs so I'm on the right track anyway.

You wouldn't believe how much work went into this decoration:

x2PKJsil.jpg

Of course I also had to deal with a foot of snow in three separate storms this past week which is a lot for my area anyway.

So I tacked the work temporarily to the center edifice and it looks pretty good.

Dm2bIajl.jpg

I'm going with it.