Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Legion of Vice: 40K Emperor's Children and friends...

Slaanesh WIP 40K Emperors Children Nurgle Congregation of Filth Daemons

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

So I thought I might as well get on and start a modelling blog, as I've got many, many models on the go and getting them on the forums might speed me up a bit. I should warn you that I am a very, VERY slow painter, so don't expect frequent updates.

Anyway, let's get started shall we?

First, let's take a look at some dull grey plastic. These are all the models that haven't got any paint on them yet (half-painted ones will be posted later).

Sael Ikyther:

Spoiler

Unnamed Chaos Lord "Androgyne":

Spoiler

Chaos Space Marines/Noise Marines:

Spoiler

COntinued in part 2...

• Biohazard, WarriorFish, Brother Dallo and 2 others like this

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

"Begone foul demon Cotton Eyed Joe,

Thy grasp here faded a long time ago,

From whence did you come, there you shall go,

I seal thee away now, Cotton Eyed Joe."

The Legion of Vice- Emperor's Children and Friends!

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

Continued from part 1:

Raptors and Bikers, oh my!:

Spoiler

Concluded in part 3, aka "Hang on, I thought this was an Emperor's Children blog?"

• WarriorFish likes this

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

And finally...

"Wait a minute, that's not Slaanesh!":

Spoiler

There are other unpainted models (notably a Land Raider, a Rhino and a Nurgle Raptor Lord) but I forgot to photgraph them. biggrin.png

Next time: Semi-painted models! There's a lot...

• WarriorFish, Brother Dallo, The Traitor and 1 other like this

ztbmByp.png

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,189 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

Very nice, some really creative conversions here. :tu:

I really like the daemonette headed one and the biker.

• Evil Eye likes this

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,730 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

Yeah, great kitbashing and conversion work - now you just need to paint them ;)

• Evil Eye likes this

gallery_30308_9518_2534.pngETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gifgallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Stormtroopers | CSM Dreadbrute | =][= Hospitaller | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint] | TSons Rubrics

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

@Doghouse: Thank you very much! The Daemonette-headed lord (lady?) is one of my favourites actually. It was a lot of fun to put together too.

@WarriorFish: Heh heh, don't worry, they'll be getting painted. Though first I need to wait for the weather to not suck so I can actually prime them. :D

One thing I'm wondering about, actually, is what colour to paint the sonic weapons. I'm thinking they should be metallic but I'm not sure what colour. I've got a few ideas:

1: Brass, like actual musical instruments.

2: Chrome/silver, as if they were hot-rod parts (or again, like some musical instruments).

3: Dark bronze (like some of the other weapons in my force).

4: Give them each individualized "hot-rod" candy colour schemes, as if each weapon was as much a customized work of art as a tool of war.

Once I get home (at college ATM) I'll hopefully upload some pics of some of the partially and completely painted models, assuming I don't forget. :P I'll probably leave out the ones that are just basecoated and focus on the ones that are well on their way to completion.

ztbmByp.png

Draakur

Draakur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,653 posts
  • Faction: The Desolators
I realise this is mostly a Slaaneshi thread, but I freaking LOVE your Khorne guy - killer combination of bits there. I think a few adjustments could be made to improve him, but seriously... the second I looked at that front view I went "daaaamn, this guy is the business!"...

+edit+
Also, just re: your colour choices on the sonic weapons, I vote 4; a mix of brass, gold, silver and chrome in no discernible pattern or consistency.

Edited by Draakur, 16 February 2017 - 09:47 AM.

• Evil Eye likes this
ATTACK is the only order worth remembering

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,440 posts
Great stuff!
I vote for a mixture of styles with the sonic weapons. :tu:

I love your biker but the one thing I wasn't keen on was the spikes on the ends of the handlebars.

I'd keep the jump pack winglets for when/if you do Warptalons in the future. But I agree on flawed feet for Raptors!
  • Evil Eye likes this

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

Thanks everyone!

@Draakur: Glad you like him! I'm not so sure on the pose but I don't think I can repose him now. In any case I'm quite pleased with how he came out for an "impulse build".

@Kierdale: Raptors have to have the clawed feet; it's one of the unwritten rules of Chaos modelling. I really want to build the other three Raptors I have at the moment but I'm not sure what I should outfit them with; I don't have any lists with Raptors in them ATM (can the Raptor Talon formation be used in an Emperor's Children army?) and I don't know what's the best loadout for them. A meltagun or two seems like a good idea, and the champion might get a power lance...

I think I will save the winglets for other models (I've seen some really cool stuff done with those parts), but as for Warp Talons, if I ever make any they'll be a bit more involved than just Raptors with claws and winglets...In fact they may not use Raptors as base models at all!

Oh if only Warp Talons weren't so awful. Such a cool concept...

As for the biker, the handlebar spikes were a result of me wanting to make it extra clear he was the champion, and noticing the ends of the handlebars were the exact same size as the CSM kit's skulls on spikes. Plus, as my mother always says, you can never have too many skulls. How well it worked is up for debate- I quite like them myself, but I can see the argument against them.

I'll try and get some photos of some models with paint on them up very soon- I had a long day yesterday so I was alas unable to summon up the energy to do so.

ztbmByp.png

Noctem Cultor

Noctem Cultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts

Some good part choices and interesting conversions, with W.I.P stuff I know some can look rougher than it is so I look forward to seeing them basecoated and painted.

-Noctem

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

Update time!

So I took some photos of the various PIP (and the very rare fully painted) models. Unfortuntaely I tried to do so in natural light and as such the pictures...kinda suck. I can assure you they don't look quite this bad in person.

Anyway...

The few, the proud, the actually complete models.

Spoiler

And now, the WIPs...

Spoiler

Part 2 coming up...

• WarriorFish and SystemSyn like this

ztbmByp.png

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

Dreadnought!

Spoiler

I know my painting isn't exactly the best, but again I must emphasize these are awful pictures. I need to take some more photos really.

• Biohazard and WarriorFish like this

ztbmByp.png

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,213 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
Some great conversions in here, I really like the claw and trophies on the Dread.

We badge01 80x180 Bio

Worldeaters
Blood Stalker Defiler 'How to'

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

Thank you Biohazard! I really didn't like the static positioning of the CCW out of the box so I chopped it up and rebuilt it with brass rod. I need to disguise the join but fortunately I have just the part for it. The trophies were fun too, I like to put extra work into the trophies of my models. I'll probably put some Sons of Horus/Black Legion trophies on other models, as a little bit of consolation over the Legion Wars.

Coming up soon (hopefully): Terminators, this time actually competently photographed!

ztbmByp.png

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,730 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

Really liking the colours, especially the claws on the Daemonettes :tu: Looking forward to seeing your Termies :)

• Evil Eye likes this

gallery_30308_9518_2534.pngETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gifgallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Stormtroopers | CSM Dreadbrute | =][= Hospitaller | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint] | TSons Rubrics

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

Thanks! The claws are pretty simple actually.

1: Coat with black.

2: Do a fairly liberal highlight on the claw ridges with your secondary colour (for example, Squig Orange).

3: Do a second, sharper highlight with a brighter colour (Fire Dragon Bright).

4: Coat with a clear paint similar to the highlight colours (Tamiya Clear Orange or FW's clear orange colour).

ztbmByp.png

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

Update time!

So I tried taking pictures in the kitchen again, and I have to say it definitely worked better. Well, a bit anyway.

First up, a familiar face, the now named Zamaella Silkenthighs, Herald of Slaanesh! (Surname pinched wholesale from a White Dwarf issue.)

Spoiler

And now for those WIP Terminators, known as the Pale Hands...

Spoiler

Next time (to preserve the image limit): An Obliterator, another non-Slaaneshi thing, and a very special guest indeed!

Edited by Squigsquasher, 22 February 2017 - 07:22 PM.

• WarriorFish likes this

ztbmByp.png

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

More models! Hooray!

First up, an Obliterator, mostly basecoated but with some additional work done (albeit mostly on his back)...

Spoiler

Next, a decidedly non-Slaaneshi entry, an as yet unnamed Raptor Lord of the Congregation of Filth! (Unpainted)

Spoiler

And finally, the one I've been itching to show you...

*Fanfare*

Patroklos, the Half-Breed King, Overlord of the Legion of Vice!

Spoiler

Constructive criticism, destructive criticism, mockery and vulgar threats appreciated as always. :P

• WarriorFish likes this

ztbmByp.png

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,861 posts

Patroklos looks stellar don't worry about the photos, the face definitely looks brilliant! The sonic hand cannon looks cool, looking forward to seeing more!

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts

So I finally got round to taking a few more pictures. My apologies for the necrobump, but I thought it was better to revive my existing thread than start another one.

Anyway, some of the more interesting things I've been doing since I last posted (that aren't just tiny updates to stuff you've already seen):

Noise Champion! (Very WIP)

Spoiler

A rulesless thing that will probably count as a Chaos Spawn! (Unpainted and NSFW!)

Spoiler

And finally, the beginnings of a Contemptor (and new photos of my still-in-painting-limbo Dreadnought)!

Spoiler

• WarriorFish and SystemSyn like this

ztbmByp.png

SystemSyn

SystemSyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts
Your Noise Champion is looking really cool. I like the colour scheme you've gone for, the pink and blue compliment each other really nicely.

And your Chaos Spawn is a really clever idea! I love the base model, the head just fits really well with the Slaaneshi theme. I might have to steal that idea for my own Emperor's Children army.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Slaanesh, WIP, 40K, Emperors Children, Nurgle, Congregation of Filth, Daemons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users